Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Susan* revision from band to sleeve

Thinking about you Susan! I am so excited for you!!!

Hey everyone!

I am sitting here at the hotel in Mexicali relaxing for a bit. Let me tell you, the day did not start off well, and I hope it isn't a bad omen. I woke up, tripped, and broke my second toe on my left foot. Ouch. You should have seen me trying to walk around the airport. But, I have plenty of time for it to heal at least.

I am exhausted. We left our house at 3:30 a.m. this morning. This was only the second time I have ever flown, so I was a bit nervous. The short flight from Jacksonville to Atlanta was very turbulent because of all the storms. But, the flight from Atlanta to San Diego went fine, it was just long, 4 1/2 hours.

The driver was there at the airport waiting to pick us up. I would say he was definitely the scariest part of the trip. His driving scared me to death!!! But, the scenery along the way kept my mind off of it because it was absolutely amazing! So beautiful and different from Florida, where everything is flat.

Our first stop was the hospital. It is very nice, very clean and very modern. I was quite impressed. But, I have to say I was even more impressed with the staff. They were absolutely amazing. They went out of there way to make sure we were comfortable and they made sure to include my husband in everything that was going on. I had blood work, EKG, Chest x-ray and a Florou done. One of the doctors explained the procedure in detail to us. And, the other lady, unfortunately I can't remember her name, went over paperwork, post-op diet, wound care, etc. They gave me ativan and an antibiotic that I am to take before 10:00 tonight. They will pick me up at 7:00 a.m. Mexicali time tomorrow morning. My surgery is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. They said it will take about two hours, and then I will spend two hours in recovery before returning to my room.

We are now relaxing at the hotel for a bit before we go to dinner so I can ice my toe. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel as well. It is very, very nice. And, as with the hospital, the staff here are amazing.

I was going to check in on Elisabeth, but she was still in surgery. They said her and I will definitely meet up tomorrow when we are walking the halls. I look forward to meeting her in person.

Well, that is all the updates I have for now. As soon as I am feeling up to it, I will post on how everything went with the surgery.

P.S. WASa, you are right, everything here is wonderful. No need for people to be worried about going to Mexico for surgery if they choose the right doctors to go to. Thank you a million times over for all the wonderful advice and support you have given me as I prepared for this surgery. It is much, much appreciated!!

Edited by *Susan*

susan

i/m so happy for you girl, hope all goes well sweety, ty for keeping us in touch. good luck,god bless see u soon larry

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update Susan! I can't wait to hear how things progress! {{{hugs}}}

Hi all. I am alive. I am jealous of Elisabeth, lol. She seems to be handling this so much better than I. I had my sleeve yesterday morning. During the process, Dr. Aceves didn't like the discoloration of my liver, so he biopsied it. I should have the results tomorrow. He then had to close me up without having removed my port.

I had quite a bit of nausea yesterday, but little to to no pain. This morning, I started vomiting, so they have to give me more meds to stop that. I went back into surgery about 11:00 and had my port removed. I was back in my room within 45 minutes. I did have my lovely blue apple juice, and there was no leakage, which was a good thing. Then, my IV quit working, so they took it out. Unfortunately, the nausea came back and they had to put it back in my other hand to give me more medicine for it. I vomitted a few more times, and believe me, that is not a comfortable feeling at all.

Right now I am sitting up, typing this and drinking my tang. Yummy, lol. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day.

Will update again soon.

Sorry about the nausea. I hope your liver is fine!

Susan: I'm glad that you made it through both surgeries! Sounds like your doc is very thorough. No leaks is a good thing. So sorry about your nausea, it sucks to be nauseous. Hopefully will resolve soon! Thinking of you and wishing you the best!

Hi all. I am alive. I am jealous of Elisabeth, lol. She seems to be handling this so much better than I. I had my sleeve yesterday morning. During the process, Dr. Aceves didn't like the discoloration of my liver, so he biopsied it. I should have the results tomorrow. He then had to close me up without having removed my port.

I had quite a bit of nausea yesterday, but little to to no pain. This morning, I started vomiting, so they have to give me more meds to stop that. I went back into surgery about 11:00 and had my port removed. I was back in my room within 45 minutes. I did have my lovely blue apple juice, and there was no leakage, which was a good thing. Then, my IV quit working, so they took it out. Unfortunately, the nausea came back and they had to put it back in my other hand to give me more medicine for it. I vomitted a few more times, and believe me, that is not a comfortable feeling at all.

Right now I am sitting up, typing this and drinking my tang. Yummy, lol. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day.

Will update again soon.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... TANG! Yummy! I'm jealous, really I am! I won't write about the Ceasar salad I ate today or the Gummy bears I'm munching on now. I mean, nothing compares to your TANG! Should I mention that those not getting stomach surgery at Almater get fresh squeezed OJ daily? Nawwww, I shouldn't mention that. Heh...

GET UP AND WALK! Then when you are tired walk some more! We will all be on you if you don't. ;o)

I'm glad Dr. A is your doc, I really am. I know you are in good hands. With the liver issues and such, I am glad he is your doctor. Please let us know the results of your biopsy, we really are waiting on pins and needles. Did he give any thoughts as to the problem with the color of your liver? Does he have thoughts on this? What's going on?

Susan, we need details! We are all going through this with you in our own way. Details!

Susan, It's so good to hear you're on the other side of this surgery. I am on pins and needles too wondering about your liver.

The band is out and you're on the road to recovery! Yay!

Yay for Dr. A and Yay for sleeve surgeries! We will all be such happy people once we are all losing and living with

the sleeve!

hi susan

hope tomorpw is better for you girl,your a tough girl,hope it all turns out ok . ty for keeping us informed your friend larry

Good luck Susan you sure are brave, I don't think I could have done it! Take care and wish you well Nancy.

susan

i agree with nancy your a brave and wonderful girl, good luck and god bless larry

Hi all. I am alive. I am jealous of Elisabeth, lol. She seems to be handling this so much better than I.

LOL. I just hide it better. Seriously though, I'm a nurse so I know to get well you've got to push yourself. Dr. Aceves was rather surprised that the AM after surgery I had showered and been outside but I have a strong medical history (pulmonary emboli) so I knew I had to MOVE and FAST.

I had my sleeve yesterday morning. During the process, Dr. Aceves didn't like the discoloration of my liver, so he biopsied it. I should have the results tomorrow.

I know you're getting good news... fingers crossed.

He then had to close me up without having removed my port.

I had quite a bit of nausea yesterday, but little to to no pain. This morning, I started vomiting, so they have to give me more meds to stop that. I went back into surgery about 11:00 and had my port removed. I was back in my room within 45 minutes. I did have my lovely blue apple juice, and there was no leakage, which was a good thing.

Blue is your color! By the way, your room was freezing! LOL.

Then, my IV quit working, so they took it out. Unfortunately, the nausea came back and they had to put it back in my other hand to give me more medicine for it. I vomitted a few more times, and believe me, that is not a comfortable feeling at all.

Right now I am sitting up, typing this and drinking my tang.

Yuck! I went for the hot tea and drank a little of the apple juice.< /span>

Yummy, lol. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day.

Will update again soon.

I'm sure you're making the long journey home and you'll need to get to bed early and sleep late so you feel human tomorrow. Keep us posted when you can. Congratualtions on getting that parasite out and a sleeve revision.