Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Susan* revision from band to sleeve

Congrats Susan! Sounds like the surgery was a good success. I'm also glad to hear the tumors are benign.

Heal well and soon.

I'm so happy for you!

Thanks, Irene. I am feeling pretty good today.

I posted on another thread, I am having a horrible time getting my Water in, let alone Protein. I take two sips of water and feel stuffed. I have given up on protein until Sunday when I go on full liquids. I just entered my calories on daily plate for yesterday. I had 120 calories. That included 3 meals of chicken broth and a sugar free Popsicle.

On a good note, I hopped on the scale this morning. I have lost 10 pounds thus far. Yay, me.

That's pretty scary Susan. I have bladder problems and it's really important that I drink a lot of Water.< /p>

Do you just feel extremely full when you try to sip on water?

Did you ever find a place to get the clear Protein? I know Mac mentioned some broth with protein that she ordered online.

I posted on another thread, I am having a horrible time getting my Water in, let alone Protein. I take two sips of water and feel stuffed. I have given up on protein until Sunday when I go on full liquids. I just entered my calories on daily plate for yesterday. I had 120 calories. That included 3 meals of chicken broth and a sugar free Popsicle.

On a good note, I hopped on the scale this morning. I have lost 10 pounds thus far. Yay, me.

Dr. Aceves told me that I had to keep drinking constantly throughout the day. It FINALLY got better today. I think all the gas pockets passed which is allowing the fluids to trickle on down. As for calorie count... that's going to stay low while we're on fluids but I've got plenty of fat to live off of. LOL.

Congratulations on the 10 pound loss! Keep drinking so you don't end up in the ER for IV hydration.

Thanks, Elisabeth. I am almost done with my 2nd glass of Water right now. Plus, I think he said we could count our broth towards our Fluid intake, so that helps. I definitely don't want to end up in the ER. I have had enough hospitals and IV's to last me for quite a while!!

Daisy, I just feel extremely full after only two sips of something. I am sure that will improve as the swelling goes down though.

Day six post-op and I am feeling pretty good. I am really amazed at how little pain I have encountered with this surgery. The only time I have taken pain pills is before bed to help me sleep. Last night I didn't, and regretted it because it can get uncomfortable trying to sleep with the incisions. So, I will probably continue to take them for a few more nights at bedtime.

Dr. Aceves said I might have a bit more pain, because of the removal of the liver tumors, but I haven't had any, so I am thankful for that. I do find that I get tired very easily though. A mid afternoon nap seems to be my thing right now.

I started on my treadmill last night. Nothing too strenuous, just a nice, slow, steady walk for about 15 minutes was all. I am going to work my way back up. He said I could start my cardio exercise this week, but to wait about six weeks before I get back into the weight training.

Getting in all my fluids is still a huge challenge. I am hoping by Sunday, when I get to move to full fluids I will be able to take in a bit more. Right now, I am only averaging about 100 calories a day. I never thought I would see that happen.

I actually feel like I could go back to work tomorrow. If I did, I would probably close my door at lunch and take a nap in my office. But, I decided I have the time built up, so I am just going to go ahead and take it easy the rest of this week and return to work on Monday.

Edited by Oregondaisy

You're doing great Susan! I am really happy that you were able to get this surgery.

Susan - it sounds like you are doing great! 10 pounds is awesome! Taking this week off is probably a good idea, you can get all your rest and be ready for Monday! {{{hugs}}}

Thanks, CC. The only problem I am having right now is I am still fighting nausea. But, I always seem to have a problem with that after I have surgery. It just seems a bit worse this time, but I think the extremely low caloric intake I am consuming right now is contributing to that.

Susan you are doing great, and I'm so happy for you!

One thing I did notice for myself regarding post surgery nausea was the morphine. I specifically deny it after the first day, and it really helped me with that. I do still get minor nausea, but it's not severe like when I'm taking morphine.

Thanks, CC. The only problem I am having right now is I am still fighting nausea. But, I always seem to have a problem with that after I have surgery. It just seems a bit worse this time, but I think the extremely low caloric intake I am consuming right now is contributing to that.

I agree with you Susan. I wake up with nausea and a headache and it's related to the diet. You're at the one week mark so you too can advance to full fluids/mushies. Go for it! I bet some decent Protein intake will make us both feel better.

Elisabeth, I thought we couldn't advance to full fluids until ten days? And then, if we were doing well with them, we could move to mushies seven days later?

Elisabeth, I thought we couldn't advance to full fluids until ten days? And then, if we were doing well with them, we could move to mushies seven days later?

You're correct. I misread your post and attribute it to the lack of food. LOL. I got a whole 8 g of Protein in yesterday.

I am not even attempting to count Protein until Sunday. I am averaging between 80 and 100 calories a day right now and have no energy. Good thing I have one day of full liquids before I go back to work Monday. I don't know how you are doing it.