Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Hi All

I was just banded on Monday and I feel great, no hunger at all I'm very surprised at that. I got up and started walking around as soon as I could and I keep walking as much as possible. I really don't have port pain just gas pain. Iam able to drink Water just like I used to, I need to keep reminding myself to sip. I don't get pain from drinking though.

So far Im very happy with the results and how I feel.

Bernadette

Congrats Bernadette!! I'm so happy you feel great. I had no hunger either, actually I was afraid to eat at first. I couldn't drink water like it sounds that you can until about day 7. I'm 10 days out now and feel so much better than I did that first week. I think I pushed myself a little too hard (I flew cross country home, went to work on day 3, and flew back cross country the following saturday on day 5). I feel much more normal - feel like I could eat anything - and am not really feeling uncomfortable when I am full. I am stopping myself but it is more and more difficult. For example today, I felt hungry around 2pm after having Wendy's chili for lunch.< /p>

Again, best of luck to you!!

What is everyone eating in a day right now?

breakfast: coffee with cream/splenda

11am: Protein 30g shake 11oz

12:30: Large Wendy's chili

5pm: creamy potato Soup - about 2 cups

And I drank 1 16oz bottled water today so far.

Not hungry now, but could eat....but won't!

WOW

You can eat chilli already? I still do not hav an appitite at all. I just sip liquids all day. I have Clear Liquids until next week. I have occasional pain in my chest but when I do I get up and walk, walk, walk and it goes away.

Bernadette

I can't believe you are already able to eat chili too. I am still on clear liquid until the 22nd then I can have pureed foods. So if I wanted that chili I'd have to put it in the blender. I am going to make some Soups this weekend and puree them so I have lunches. I am also still not that hungry. I get hunger pains kind of at night but I can't tell sometimes whether it's gas or actual hunger. Does anyone know how to tell?

I am a little scared because I've been tracking my calories and I'm only intaking about 250 minimum and 350 max per day. I know that is sooooo little which is why I'm losing like no tomorrow but is that really how it's supposed to be? I even ate about 1/4 cup of full fat pudding today just to up my caloric intake. Should I be worried? I'm getting all my Protein in with bullets and shakes so I'm good there.

I can't believe you are already able to eat chili too. I am still on clear liquid until the 22nd then I can have pureed foods. So if I wanted that chili I'd have to put it in the blender. I am going to make some Soups this weekend and puree them so I have lunches. I am also still not that hungry. I get hunger pains kind of at night but I can't tell sometimes whether it's gas or actual hunger. Does anyone know how to tell?

I am a little scared because I've been tracking my calories and I'm only intaking about 250 minimum and 350 max per day. I know that is sooooo little which is why I'm losing like no tomorrow but is that really how it's supposed to be? I even ate about 1/4 cup of full fat pudding today just to up my caloric intake. Should I be worried? I'm getting all my Protein in with bullets and shakes so I'm good there.

Thanks Gabi for starting this Thread. It has been every encouraging to me. My Surg is the 23rd.:tongue_smilie:

Thanks Gabi for starting this Thread. It has been every encouraging to me. My Surg is the 23rd.:tongue_smilie:

Good! I'm so glad. I needed somewhere we could all talk where all of us were going through the same things.

hey guys.... i was banded on st patricks day... im doing pretty good, a little sore, but not bad. i had pain from the gas the day of, and yesterday, but i havent noticed any today. im on liquids of course, but today could add in yogurt and cream Soups.

i got really nervous about 2 weeks before the surgery, and actually considered calling and cancelling, but im glad i didnt.

I am glad someone else has got nervous and thought about canceling. I am on day six of preop and 10 days before banding and my brain is starting to spin. Thanks for the honesty.

Hi team. I'm 10 days out and saw my surgeon today because I'm still leaking from my port incision. He says it doesn't look infected, and it's probably from the blood thinners I'm on for heart issues.

However, I told him I was starting to feel hungry, and he gave me permission to carefully start mushies. YAY! I had some soft scrambled eggs and a little bit of mashed potatoes - so yummy.

I keep seeing people saying they are using bullets...What are bullets? I am 2 days post-op and feeling pretty good besides the gas but walking is definately helping. The only problem I am having is back and neck pain from trying to sleep in a reclining position. We don't have a recliner so I just prop myself on pillows. Does anyone know if there is any other way to sleep during this healing process?

I have also been wearing a compression cami...it's one of those girdle cami's and it makes me feel more stable when I'm up and around.

Yes I ate chili from Wendy's and had absolutely not problems. I am forcing myself back to only liquids - b/c I know I'm supposed to be on full liquids for 3 weeks after surgery and I want to do things the right way. I was so weak and faint and hungry I just needed the substance. I AM hungry - its amazing how different we all are. I felt that my body needed it and I listened. I wish I wasn't hungry. I'm battling not eating and sticking to Soups and liquids, its not easy, but I'm going to make it happen.

Today I've eaten: 1 graham cracker with cream cheese, starbucks coffee (I added 2T Genisoy protien powder), Amy's organic Tomato bisque Soup, 1 cup milk (for more protein) and my liquid Centrum Vitamins. Its 3:15pm, and I feel good. Going to try to get some more Water in.

I keep seeing people saying they are using bullets...What are bullets? I am 2 days post-op and feeling pretty good besides the gas but walking is definately helping. The only problem I am having is back and neck pain from trying to sleep in a reclining position. We don't have a recliner so I just prop myself on pillows. Does anyone know if there is any other way to sleep during this healing process?

I have also been wearing a compression cami...it's one of those girdle cami's and it makes me feel more stable when I'm up and around.

These are the Protein bullets that people talk about:

NEW whey Liquid Protein 42g (fruit punch) Made By IDS for Only $28.95

If there's a Target close to you I suggest getting a Husband Pillow. I bought one and I've been using it since my surgery on wednesday and it helps a great deal.

Where did you get your compression cami?

Ree2009

I am getting banded on Monday too! I wish you luck :)

How did your surgery go on Monday? I'm in Texas also and getting banded on Monday, March 30th. I wold like to figure out how to find someone to keep in touch with but having trouble figuring our the easy way to do it on this site. I hope you will post again so I can hear where you live in Texas and how you are doing.

I have just finished 5 days on a liquid diet and have 8 more to go before my surgery. I am doing the Protein Shakes but was wondering if you could tell me what a bullet is?

This is a bullet:

NEW WHEY Liquid Protein 42g (fruit punch) Made By IDS for Only $28.95