Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Hi all! I was banded just a couple days ago. :) Other than the port site pain:redface:, I'm doing really good I think. I'm still in amazement that with as little as I'm sipping (remember it is Clear Liquids for 2 days after) I'm just not hungry! That feeling, or lack of feeling, is so strange for me NOT to have. I'm amazed!

And loving every minute of it! :) I'm 3 weeks to the day behind my hubbys band date. He's already looking like a different man. (I put up his photos in the photo section)

I really like Gabbi's idea of Lucky Losers. I was banded on 03/13/09!!!

Mimi,

I was also banded on friday. How is your pain level. And are you bloated feeling. I am about a 3 on the pain level today and feeling very bloated. I would like to have a buddy who was banded on the same day if you are interested. Good luck!

Lucky Losers!

I am a March 9th bandster. Yea!!!! I am one week out a feeling great. Can't wait to see some real progress. I have a suggestion for a name. Several posters have the glittery tracker that says LUCKY LOSER. St.Patrick is the luck of the Irish. Why not use that and name us the LUCKY LOSERS? Just a thought. Good luck everyone, and would really like to hear how it is going for you since surgery.

Hi All!! I was also banded the 13th. Have some gas pain and some incision pain but am about a 2-3 on that level...Sleeping is the hardest thing right now as I was used to side sleeping and that hurts right now, but otherwise, it's going great....funny enough I am starting to feel hungry which is what I dreaded but I will survive....sipping Water and my protein....yum...lol Congrats to all of us March bandsters.:)

Thanks for all the post-op updates. It's really helpful. Congrats to all of you.

Good Luck to you LUCKY LOSER who are having surgery this week!

hi grannytj

my check in appointment is at 7:15 tomorrow morning. I'm really happy it wasn't late in the afternoon, I couldn't go with out Water until 1:00 or later. I'm excited, I added you to my friends list also. I'll keep in touch.

good luck

I am 2 days away from my surgery date. It is this Wednesday the 18th and so anxious... I can barely sleep and it is all I think about! Good luck to the rest of you Lucky Losers!:)

I met with my nutrionist today and was weighed in and lost almost 10 pounds since being banded on March 9th...:) She says keep doing what I am doing. I am doing a great job and alot better than most people she sees a week after surgery... I am feeling good. Still sore in the port site and having a hard time sleeping with it but other wise doing ok...how is ev1 else doing? good luck to those getting banded this week you will do great...

This is my first time to post on any kind of message board. So this is all very new to me. I am scheduled to be banded on March 24th in Victoria, Texas. I am looking forward to a new beginning.

This is my first time to post on any kind of message board. So this is all very new to me. I am scheduled to be banded on March 24th in Victoria, Texas. I am looking forward to a new beginning.

Welcome Step68! This was the first message board I ever joined, too, it has been SO helpful! I had my surgery on March 3rd and I'm doing great. It's been so easy, it's hard to believe sometimes! I think the best advise to you all is to think positive, visualize good results and an easy recovery. Make sure you have everything you'll need at home before your surgery date. Keep up with your pain med's, even set the alarm at night so you don't miss a dose. Let yourself sleep the first couple of days, sleep on your back, of course, with lots of pillows under your knees, that will take the pressure off your stomach muscles. Good luck to you all, check back in and let us all know how you're doing and if you have any questions!

I am three days away from being Banded. March 19th is my new birthday.:scared2:

I am scared. I am excited. I am worried that I didn't lose enough weight and I will get at the hospital to check in and my doctor will say, "You have gained five pounds...sorry."

I am finding myself making some good changes...stopped eating red meat(four months), stopped drinking soda (2 months), stopped drinking coffee (1 month). But in the last few days I have started to binge...kind of like The Last Supper...a few sips of soda, a cheeseburger from McD's, a bag of Cookies, etc. What is wrong with me?? Has anyone else done that?

Any last minute advice? I am cleaning my house like a mad-woman....organizing my classroom...shopping for my supplies and food.

I would love a buddy that is getting banded the same day and any other advice you can give to me. I would love it! :):confused::scared2:

HERE'S TO SMALLER JEANS! GOODBYE FAT PANTS!

HI Guys-

I am Marty and I got banded on March 10th and would like to get "in the loup here"....I like March madness Melting Maidens!! I have to figure out how to use this system- where are the starter lessons for how to use this site and download pictures and charts etc? any suggestions? I'd really LOVE to connect to others going thru this weird and wonderful experience!

Marty

As I've posted before I think, I'm being banded on March 23 and oh so excited!! Any buddies would be appreciated! This is a great site, but so large, it's hard to keep up!

I am seeing the doctor for pre-op stuff tomorrow and I'm sure they will tell me how long I have to be on clear liquids before the surgery. In my head I'm thinking that somewhere in my stuff I read the whole week before, so I am doing it today (except I had a couple pieces of fruit pizza this morning). I sure hope I make it throught these couple weeks on liquids. I'm definitely not used to that! But I am thinking postive and know I can do it. And it will all be worth it in the end. I am looking forward to a new and healthy ME!! :)

Good luck to all you other bandsters! We can do it!!!

HI Pezo,

I'm being banded on the 23rd too!

I think you made a wise choice. I can imagine your frustration though with having to reschedule the pre-op apt. Mine is tomorrow. I have a UTI at the moment (just got it over the weekend and am worried that my surgery will be canceled on account of it, but going to my GP tomorrow to get some fast anti-biotic. I get a lot of those. Hope that gets better after I lose weight too.

Hey There

My surgery date is the 23rd also. One way I have made my Protein Shakes go from good to great; When I mix my chocolate shake I drop a couple of blackberries in the blender. It taste really good. I also uses a tall frosted glass. That's a mind trick. It makes me think I'm having something special.