Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Hi March Bandsters....It's been so long since I've been on this site so here's an update: A few weeks ago I was totally annoyed, I was working my butt of and seeing no results on the scale. Yes, all of my clothes are loose and I am fitting into stuff that I couldn't pre surgery. But what I really wanted was that number on the scale! When I said working my butt off.......I mean in the fitness center, but not in my kitchen. I was pretty much giving up there and eating what I wanted, even if it was uncomfortable getting past the band or got stuck. I would end up running to the bathroom to have whatever I ate come right back up...almost daily. So after meeting with a new trainer; I decided to get a grip and really work with the tool I'd been given. I mean DUH Kerrie you had surgery to put this thing in you and you are fighting it....this is what I said to myself one week ago. So this past Tuesday I had a fill... 1/2 cc put into my band. Naturally I was on liquids for 48 hours and have taken my time with it...doing my workouts, walking, drinking the K2O proteing water....staying clearly away from carbs most of the day...and boom...yesterday I was down 5 lbs from Tueday! i have to say when my doctor told me i needed to journal all my food...I was like what the heck for?? Well, I am not eating nearly enough Protein. I am supposed to have 50 grams of protein a day and 1,000 calories a day. For many many weeks I've been weak and so tired...well DUH! So, if you feel crappy...check your protein level..

So, how are all of the rest of the March Bandsters doing???

Have a great weekend!

Kerrie:thumbup:

Hi There, I am Cheryl from Burbank, Ca. I was banded on March 26, 2009 at Cedars by Dr. Michael Feiz! (The Greatest). My port detached itself from the tubing which was found during my third fill (adjustment) two weeks ago. I had a port revision yesterday and all is well today. I have lost a total weight of 30 pounds since my surgery and 10 pounds before that so a total of 40 pounds is gone forever! Hurray for March 2009 Bandsters!

Hi Cheryl,

I also think something is wrong with my port as I have had to fills and they only last for 1 week or so. Was the revision as invasive as the initial surgery? I am not sure if I can tackle this again. I have lost 32 lbs and had my surgery on mar 24th, 2009 but am losing faith in it. I go for another fill on July 2nd.

Losing faith

:biggrin:HI, I am checking in also. March 5th was my surgery.

I have lost a total of 60 lbs since my Jan. 14th consult.

That would be 45 lbs since surgery. I have had only

one fill, I am on Medicare and they will pay only every 91 days,

and will get another fill on July 23rd. I have 2 cc's now.

I decided that going slow on the fills was okay so I can use

my lapband tool and work-out.

I go to "Curves" 3 times a week, just started last week. I was having trouble

getting enough exercise in. I didn't like exercising by myself, so this is helping.

I am now half way to my goal. But, I know the weight lose is slower at 1 to 2 lbs a week.

Yes, tell us how they did the revision on your post disconnection?

Melda

Hi There, I am Cheryl from Burbank, Ca. I was banded on March 26, 2009 at Cedars by Dr. Michael Feiz! (The Greatest). My port detached itself from the tubing which was found during my third fill (adjustment) two weeks ago. I had a port revision yesterday and all is well today. I have lost a total weight of 30 pounds since my surgery and 10 pounds before that so a total of 40 pounds is gone forever! Hurray for March 2009 Bandsters!

I was wondering where all my band-twins were!!!! I was also banded 3/26/09 here in Houston. seems like we are pretty much on the same track weightloss wise. I was hoping I'd be one of those people that the weight just fell off of....but it's going slower then I had hoped (but pretty much as i EXPECTED). Sorry to hear of your port issues. I am glad to know that they were able to resolve them for your quickly...that's one of the advantages of an experienced surgeons!!!

Please keep in touch!!

~Monica

Hi Cheryl from Burbank, Forty pounds is great! Can you tell about the port experience? I kind of wondered how much of a situation this would be to get a repair. What was involved, how much did it cost, what kind of recovery was involved? That would be great. I also wonder about having the tubing replaced. It would be great to hear from anyone who might have had that done, too.

Hi guys~ Long time no see. It's great to hear how wonderful some of you guys are doing! Good job! It's been slow and steady for me. This last two weeks in particular were tough for me. I found out that if I do NOT document what I eat, then I definitely eat too many calories. Plain and simple. I am strict with working out. Minimum 3 times a week weights and 4 times a week cardio. I am not someone who ever LOVED exercise. So I guess I need to just learn to live with it. : )

My biggest fear is a port complication. My last fill he had a heck of a time still finding it. My surgeon said it is still firmly in place, but just that it settled closer to my belly button than usual.

Peace to everyone!

Laura