Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Swisskaese,

Good luck with your surgery. If you are not on a restrictive diet right now, try to reduce your intake of food between now and "D" day. I wasn't on any restrictions and ate a good-sized meal the night before surgery. Not a good idea :-(

I'm late to the party but I'm being banded on March 31st!! Just made it into the March Club!!! It's really fun to see all of your tickers!! Looking forward to this journey!

Swisskaese,

Good luck with your surgery. If you are not on a restrictive diet right now, try to reduce your intake of food between now and "D" day. I wasn't on any restrictions and ate a good-sized meal the night before surgery. Not a good idea :-(

Thanks for the advice. I was planning to have chicken Soup for the next few days.

I am also getting banded on the 03/30. My pre-op appointment is not until Wednesday. Did you have to do a liquid diet, and if so how are you doing? I am really struggleing with it. Well keep us informed, good luck.:huh2:

It's good to hear from other March 30th banders. Mine is also on the 30th and I had my pre-op today with blood work, EKG and chest X-rays. Mine will be in Dallas. I have been on a liquid diet since the 16th and it is definitely a challenge but I'm determined. I've lost 10 pounds so far. I'll be in Dallas. Do you know how people on the 30th can be added to a friends list to keep up with each other better without going through all of the other lists?

:eek: OMG...my surgery was yesterday and while I have always considered myself to be very pain tolerant I AM IN SOME SERIOUS PAIN....no gas pains like several others mentioned but man does it hurt....Also my pre-op diet was liquids 2 days prior and as of yesterday its been 3 days of Clear Liquids so I decide to step on the scale WHAT ARE U KIDDING ME I GAINED 5 pounds :heart:..... has anyone else experienced this? I am so depressed and did I mention in pain.....Can anyone tell me what our calories should be at and protein......:eek:

Hi Pezo,

If you look through the March threads, you may notice a little one called banded yesterday it hurts! (lol) You might find it encouraging. I too was in a lot of pain!!!:) But everyday does get better. I am now 15 days post op and feel great.... but like you i had a really rough time in the beginning. I would say don't push yourself, take plenty of pain meds and give yourself a good week to heal. Don't feel guilty if all you can do is shuffle round the house in ur Pj's for a week. For me day 9 was the real turning point. But hopefully you will notice a big improvement around day 4. Good luck and thinking of you. Trace.xx :huh2:

I was just banded on 3/19. I would like to be included in the March Banders group. I know I will have so many questions come up it'll be great to know I have a place to turn to. I just found these boards today, so forgive me if I seem a little "slow" at whats going on around here. :huh2:

Finally, I think I have figured out how to get my ticker! I have been gathering information from this site for 3 years. I had GHP but just this year I switched to BCBS and thankfully, I was banded on March 20th. I was able to be banded with only 1 incision. Right through my belly button. Depaul Health Center, in St Louis, Dr Scott and De la Tore were the surgeons. That office has been fantastic to work with and I am so lucky.

As far as the surgery, the worse part has been the gas build up. It was pretty bad the first night, I barely slept. I am feeling pretty good right now, I have been able to walk 10-15 minutes the last couple of days.

The "not chewing" has been a struggle. I don't even think I am hungry.....just know it is time to eat.....if that makes any sense. I go back to the office next Monday for my first follow up and I will be put on soft foods then. Right now I am living on Slim Fast (the lo carb kind), lipton noodle broth, and skim milk. :)

I am really excited about the future clothes shopping experiences though. I can hardly wait to dress like I know I should. I think I have always had good taste, just not the body to show them off!!!!!:huh2:

I had my husband take a picture of me.....yuck! The day of surgery. I long for the day I will be happy to have my picture taken!

ok, I'm feeling really stupid about now, but I can't find the group to join (banded the 19th), nor can I figure out how to get my ticker going! Help!

Hi March Melters. Had surgery on the 19th. Been 5 days and lost 14 pounds already. is that normal? Im starving. lol

Hey all you "Lucky Losers"!!!! I was finally banded on March 16th and have lost 23 lbs since surgery!! Woooohooooo!!!! Anyways, just thought I would check in and send an update!

Hello All!

Finally getting around to joining the March Bansters! I was banded with the Realize band on March 2, 2009 in Jupiter, FL. My insurance had an exemption.... so I paid out of pocket. I am REALLY ready for my first fill. So far just sheer will power keeping me going. Just started soft food yesterday.

It's good to hear from other March 30th banders. Mine is also on the 30th and I had my pre-op today with blood work, EKG and chest X-rays. Mine will be in Dallas. I have been on a liquid diet since the 16th and it is definitely a challenge but I'm determined. I've lost 10 pounds so far. I'll be in Dallas. Do you know how people on the 30th can be added to a friends list to keep up with each other better without going through all of the other lists?

I am really having a hard time with this liquid diet. I became really really sick the 1st 3 day of the day so they had me eat something and only want me to go straight liquid the last 3days before the 30th. I go for my pre-op tomorrow. I have lost 8 pounds, but I am ready to get this over with. The waiting is killing me.:huh2:

Hi fellow Marchers. I was banded on the 19th. I still have a gas bubble that feels like a Migraine in my shoulder, but luckily that's the only pain I'm having. Soooo looking forward to melting along with you. Going for my first follow-up on the 26th. Will change my ticker accordingly.