Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

On this Friday I just couldn't take feeling so weak anymore, so I have tried adding a little Peanut Butter to my diet, and also crackers. I was worried I would mess something up, but have since figured out that I am OK. I am going to also add eggs, cottage cheese, and things like that. My doctor gave me a list that is supposed to start at week 2, but I am slowly adding those things in to my diet. My goal next week is to work all day, and to start walking. Have a great week everyone!!!!

It was very hard for me. I ate a lot of malt o meal because it stuck to the guts. I was so hungry by the time the first phase was over. Drink drink drink is what my doctor's nurse kept telling me. Good luck

I was supposed to have been banded on Sunday morning and by 2pm they came and told me that they could not perform the surgery. Apparently there was an 8hr emergency surgery that took up the OR I was suppose to have my surgery in. They asked me stay overnight to try and fit me in today, but at 12pm, they said it was a no go. So, they discharged me and are rescheduling either Wed, Thurs or next week. I won't know until tomorrow.

So, now I have to move to the April bandsters. Good luck everyone.

I was supposed to have been banded on Sunday morning and by 2pm they came and told me that they could not perform the surgery. Apparently there was an 8hr emergency surgery that took up the OR I was suppose to have my surgery in. They asked me stay overnight to try and fit me in today, but at 12pm, they said it was a no go. So, they discharged me and are rescheduling either Wed, Thurs or next week. I won't know until tomorrow.

So, now I have to move to the April bandsters. Good luck everyone.

I'm sorry to hear about all your surgery delays. I understand how frusterating it can be to be left hanging.

I hope that they get a space cleared for you ASAP, good luck and try to be patient (like that's what you really wanna hear right LOL)

I Just want to introduce myself. I was banded on 3/23/09 in Costa Mesa, CA. My surgery was at 9:30 in the morning and I was home by 3. I feel pretty good except for a little discomfort in my chest. From what I've been reading, that seems pretty normal. Look forward to seeing everyone's progress!! Good Luck!

Steve in Anaheim.

o.k. I got my 25 staples out today and I was asking the nurse about hunger and she went on to tell me how some lap patients even gain in the first 6 weeks....she said I have no restriction and not to worry about stretching my pouch because it isn't tightened yet.....WELL MY BUBBLE WAS BUSTED...she also said that they have some people who never feel restriction at all one lady has 10cc in a 10cc band and feels nothing....I am starting to feel as if I made a wrong decision......So if thats the case why the liquid diet and all this other stuff....I don't want to starve all the time..

I too was banded in March - the 23rd. I like all of the names suggested, just let me know which one everyone else likes, and I'll add it to my signature.:)

WOW I can't believe the month is almost over! I'm kinda sad it's not going to be "OUR" month anymore! :)

I am so proud of us all, we are off to such a great start!

For those who had some unfortunate events and couldn't get banded this month, you will be our honorary members! We wish you all the luck in the world and please keep us updated on your progress.

According to the poll we took weeks ago we are officially thec0c2c40b5fc3818c64884fbb5c1b0f18.gif

Let me know if you need help doing your signature or you can just click on mine and create your own.

YAY! I know that this is the best decision I ever made and I'm so glad to be able to share my experience, strength and hope with all of you wonderful friends!

:thumbup:

I did the same thing girl!!! When I went today for my follow up, they never even asked about what exactly I was eating. I asked them and they said, "just follow the plan we gave you!". My plan said Mushies, 7-10 days after....so I was guilty for nothing! Just chew chew chew. Also, do you know when we can eat salad?

Hey Pezo - I was so happy to read your last two posts, because I have been feeling exactly the same way... paranoid that I might stretch my 'pouch'. Right now I feel like I could eat what I ate before surgery; I don't really feel any differently. I was banded on the 14th, and I've lost 15 lbs, but that includes the liquid pre op diet, too. I am hoping that my first fill will make all the difference. I am trying to be really good about my eating, but I am hungry, too.

This is my second time around due to a slippage and I remember from the first time that I realy didn't feel very much restriction until I got my first fill.

o.k. I got my 25 staples out today and I was asking the nurse about hunger and she went on to tell me how some lap patients even gain in the first 6 weeks....she said I have no restriction and not to worry about stretching my pouch because it isn't tightened yet.....WELL MY BUBBLE WAS BUSTED...she also said that they have some people who never feel restriction at all one lady has 10cc in a 10cc band and feels nothing....I am starting to feel as if I made a wrong decision......So if thats the case why the liquid diet and all this other stuff....I don't want to starve all the time..

you probably didn't make the wrong decision ! my doc waits 4 weeks before doing the 1st fill. remember, you've had major abdominal surgery. you need time to heal. and as for the woman who never feels anything, she is the exception, not the rule. a lot of bandsters don't feel hungry and have to be reminded to eat.

so hang in there, give it some time. if you do "your" thing, it will do "it's" !!!

take care,

karen :-)

I was banded this morning, please tell me I did not make the wrong decision. I am hurting so bad, I do not want to discourage anyone but I need some help, I am hurting hurting, I can barley walk. I have threw up 3 times, please someone help me. Did anyone else feel this way? Does anyone have any tips for me

HELP I was banded the morning of 3/30 and I AM IN SOOOOO MUCH PAIN....was anyone else like this? They say to walk but I can barley get out of the bed without hurting and feeling dizzy, I have thrown up 3 times....Please help me, anyone have any tips.:P

Call your doctor if you're vomiting they will call something in for you that will settle your stomach. Please don't wait any longer...call now!