Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Peascorps-

WOW, you are doing great:thumbup: That is so awesome that are you loosing so much, so fast! I do remember from the first time around that I constantly had the fear of gaining weight back but it never happened because as soon as I started to stall was always just about time for a fill. That is one of the reasons I love the band so much, I am confident that I will not gain the weight back because I can always go get an adjustment.

Thanks for all the crawfish advice.....And yes they are known here as mudbugs (bottom feeders) but I know I will try my luck cuz I luv them so....I may even bring a chopper.....weedwacker....or what ever else to just try them......I'll let yal know......And they are abit rubbery...

Pezo-

I have this thing called a chopper that I got from Walmart and it was only $4, I put everything in it. Yesterday I put fish in it and it chops it to whatever consistency I want. I love this thing, it is so small and portable. All you need is a plug. Maybe you should bring a chopper to chop up your crawfish, not the same but at least you could taste them and not damage your stomache :thumbdown:

yay im banded!! Woot woot:D Glad to join you all:D

Congrats!!! Looks like you have already had great results since you started the process, keep it up and there is no doubt you will reach your goals (and probably pass them!!)

Welcome:huggie:

You are doing awesome with your weight loss already, cant wait to see how successfull you are going to be with your new band:thumbup:

Hi, Thanks for all your encouragements! I'm feeling alot better, I think the speed walking at the end of the walk, was too much for the port area! The info, I was given from my surgeon, you can go back to walking and cycling, 3 days after surgery!! But, I'm going to do a more relaxing walk, more of a stroll instead!! Thanks again and good luck everyone x

thank you ladies! I pretty much have been on a plateu for a month so im super excited for my tool!!!

Excersize my dr says this breathe walk walk walk and more walking... to help with the gas pain. And that is when immediately discharged...

So last night when i felt a ton of pain u know under the ribs, i walked and walked and finally got on the treadmill set it at 1.6 and moved it up to 2.0 for a couple min, did that for 45 min while watching biggest looser. Didnt feel any pain at all, burned almost 160 cals! But my gas pans are very minimal, i do however have considerable port pain, but the nurse said that is norm especially since my drug dose is way low, So she uped it.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US! Lets keep in touch;)

I think we should be up moving around and maybe walking around the house at a few days out but I got the OK from my doctor to walk 30 mins a day at 1 week. I am not going to do anything strenuous but it sure does feel good to get out there and move around!

re: calories. I just met with my surgeon's nurse today. I have the Realize band and am really digging the onine support. The diet diary is one of the easiest I have used. It gives a nice summary of daily calories/protein/fat etc. The nurse was able to pull this up at the office and see what I was doing. She said to aim for ~80 grams of protein.. but to keep calories around 800. She said if I could do 600ish it's even better. The max would be 1000. I have lost more than average for their office. (but the higher you are.. the farther you have to fall/lose and the faster it goes). Since I just started regular food.. she warned me of a pending plateau. She wanted me to brace myself.. because this is when most people get frustrated. I won't get my first fill until next week (on the 7th). I cannot wait!!! The hunger has been pretty intense. I have always been good at losing weight.... it's the keeping it off that avails me. So right now my will power is stronger than the hunger. I hope things will feel better after the fill.

ok to all my fellow lucky losers! Keep on punching! WE WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace out... peas.

Laura

Well, I have definitely hit that pending plateau! Since I started soft foods, I think I've actually gained a pound! I wasn't worried at first, but now it's been a week and it's starting to bother me a little. I'm not taking in that many calories, but I am always hungry. Eventually it has to fall off right?!

Sillygoose-

I am in the same place. I am starving and not loosing. I do remember from last time that I did gain a pound or two when I went in for my first fill so I am making it my goal to not gain before that first fill. I know it is going to be hard because I am so hungry and all the food I am eating is going right through the band. I know it has to do this to heal but I just wish I wasn't hungry:sad:

Ditto....I have lost 12 lbs. but 2 came back......I had 1/2 a can of chili last night in my little 1 cup bowl and my husband said are you gonna eat all of that I gave him a look that could have killed....I hate that people try to dictate what we do they do not realize that we have no restriction yet....

I think that we do have some restriction because obviously the band is around our stomache but the problem right now is that we have to eat all this mushy soft food and it slides right through. I am starving and let me telll you I am eating the mushy soft food. If I was eating normal food I would be eating alot less because it would fill up my pouch and sit there for a while.

We will get through this, I PROMISE:wink_smile:

I was banded on 3/9 and am now allowed to eat everything, and let me tell you I'm starving. I can eat so much more than one would think, and get really really hungry. I am having my first fill on Monday and am praying I'll get some restriction.