Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Good luck ladies, we will keep the positive vibes going!! I have 3 more days myself and I definitely get nervous, sometimes even a little panicy. but in the end, everyone says it is a great thing. I fly out to San Diego on Sunday, Kimmiev3 is there now and had her surger on Wednesday. I wish you all well.k

I hear you about the liquid diet stuff. I was on them for 5 days preop and I have to do them for until Monday for a total of two weeks postop. I was getting light headed early in the week so I have had some yogurt and some pudding, both fatfree. I have only been walking also.

About chewing gum; My Dr. did recommend that I not chew gum because if you accidentally swallow it, it may become stuck and have to be surgically removed and I am not taking that chance. However, I would have not even thought of this if he hadn't pointed it out to me.

Is anyone exercising yet? I have been walking about 30 minutes the last few days and I am weak from only having liquids.

Been to the gym a few times: elliptical, exercise bike, treadmill for 35 to 60 minutes. Had my 2-week post-op appointment yesterday and was taken off lifting and soaking restriction 2 weeks early! So hopefully I'll be doing some deep Water hydrofit with my wife shortly. I honestly don't even know what that entails but my wife badly needs a workout buddy to get her to go, so I said I would.

gosh, I was proud that I had gone back to work 4 days after, I am now 8 days and haven't even thought about starting to exercise! I am exhausted by the time I get home from school, and it is about all I can do to crawl into bed!

As for eating, my doctor allowed yogurt, thinned mashed potatoes, diet Jello, along with the liquid diet stuff, so things haven't been too bad. But I must admit, I ate some crackers today with my Soup (I really made sure ther were all but gone before I swallowed...), and dang they were good!

I hope you all keep doing great! I have my two week check-up next Thursday. I think that I will get to add mushy stuff then! Lets hope!!

Hey Lisa of course it is "normal" whatever that is but you would be foolish if your mind did not go to the "what if's"

everyone had to determine if the risks outweighed the benefits for me yes. I am miserable being overweight! Psyche more than anything! My friends and I have a saying "Once you've been a star it is really hard to not be one" For example if you were never someone in the spot light you wouldn't miss it but if you were then you always want to try to get it back!!!You will be fine you are in all our thoughts and prayers!!

Go for my 2 week check up next wednesday!! I am starting to get a little hungry now. Seems like I am always "drinking/slurping" on something. I have not however started the exercise thing. Maybe tomorrow...

I am now 8 days and haven't even thought about starting to exercise! I am exhausted by the time I get home from school, and it is about all I can do to crawl into bed!

Teach, I think we were banded on the same day, and I also work in a school, though not as a teacher, a sign language interpreter. Kids are exhausting.

I started working out a few days ago - walking on a treadmill for an hour. I think the only difference between us is what we're eating. If I were only consuming liquids, I'm sure I wouldn't have the energy to excercise. I'm lactose intollerant, so many of the Protein Drinks aren't an option for me. Instead, I've been eating lots of omelets. Hopefully, your doctor will let you eat something more substantial so you'll feel more energetic.

teachergirl- do you still have pain when you bend over. I was banded 3-4 and two weeks ago started to have a lot of pain when I bend. My nurse thinks I strained a muscle. I hope thats all I did. and that it feels better soon.

"Melting March" sounds good!....

I am to be banded on the 31st....right at the tail end, but PROUD to be a March Bander!

Now...thats a good name, too....March Banders!:tongue_smilie:

Hello Everyone!!! I was banded 3/6/9. I have been going to the gym and walking on the elipticle about 3 days a week. it kind of sucks though cause i'm starving. My doc did just one incission on me so i was recovered about the next day, never took pain meds. I love our name and that there is a group of people like me!!! CONGRATS TO US ALL!

BTW, I started mushies after 1 week (egg beaters, low fat cottage cheese, soft cheese with less than 5 grams of fat per ounce) are some of my favorites. Plus crackers. And now 3 weeks later I can add deli meat, Peanut Butter etc. And the doc said NO GUM FOR 6 MONTHS!

BTW....how does one create all the cool "visual aids" on the bottom of your posts i.e. the weight loss graphs and info on the banding dates, etc....

I have looked at the Users CP, but did not see anything that pertained....am I missing something??? I would like to be able to post my progress, too!

click on the link above my ticker....make your own.....copy the link under "Bb" when you save the ticker......then go to user cp- Under signature....that is where you paste the ticker. You can copy the "lucky loser" directly from my message and again, put it on your signature....any time you do anything with your signature, there is a button where you can preview....click that, look at it and then save the signature. By the way, how much have you lost......were you on liquids for 1 or 2 weeks....I also had the 1 incision and am healing good. I am starving though....I was banded on the 20th. Have you been exercising alot? If so, what?