Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

HELP I was banded the morning of 3/30 and I AM IN SOOOOO MUCH PAIN....was anyone else like this? They say to walk but I can barley get out of the bed without hurting and feeling dizzy, I have thrown up 3 times....Please help me, anyone have any tips.:P

Yes, do call your doctor. They can give you something for the nausea and vomiting. It might be from the anesthetic from surgery. I did this two or three times too and the medication stopped it. You will be very sore and miserable the first day or two. It does get better. Day 3/4 was a big turning point for me. Take your pain meds too. They help a lot! Hope you are feeling better soon.

there are so many things on my mind after reading all the posts. First, to all of you new banders that hurt and feel sick, please call your doctor and TAKE YOUR PAIN MEDS. My doctor had me put a patch on before surgery for nausea, and sent a prescription home with me. You don't need to feel that way. It will hurt, but it shouldn't be making you miserable.

Second, I am glad to hear all these comments about how the doctors differ so much in what they want you to eat. Odiously this is not a perfect science. I started to add the things on my "mushy" list at day 9. I'm not advocating any of you do that, but for me it was the right decision. I went back to work on day 4, and really felt horrible. A little extra food really helped!

And, lastly, how did you stretch out your pouch? I am so scared of doing that!!!

OK...so it's day 6 and I fell like CRAP!!!

I don't know if I ate too much (ate ha ha, that would be drank), too fast, or shoulda walked more last night but last night and today I'm feeling the gas pain.....it's like having a gallbladder attach minus the stabbing pain...gas-x doesn't seem to be doing much, right now my torso feels like a barrel, it hurst all the way to my back...ugh

This too I know shall pass....oh yeah and I wanna EAT!!!

I am supposed to be full liquids for 7 days then on to mushies, and my Dr isn't a fan of protien drinks....I am reading about ppl who are eating soft foods a few days outta surgery and I'm so jeleous, shame on me!

Thank God I can move on to mushies Friday....Friday can't get here soon enough for me!!!!

OK, no more whining for me, promise

I was banded this morning, please tell me I did not make the wrong decision. I am hurting so bad, I do not want to discourage anyone but I need some help, I am hurting hurting, I can barley walk. I have threw up 3 times, please someone help me. Did anyone else feel this way? Does anyone have any tips for me

It is very painful I do agree but each day will get a LITTLE better.....Why are you throwing up that isnt good I had them give me a patch for nausea .....they shouldn't have sent you home throwing up......GOOD LUCK

I also got sick due to the anesthetic from surgery. My doc gave me meds and it stopped. They do not want you throwing up at all so your stomache can heal so please call your doctor.

mlfull-

I was also very hungry by day 7. I had to wait till day 14 for mushy real food. I was never so thankful for mushy food in my life:w00t:

How many calories r u guys takin n.....I am at about 500 a day....being a life long dieter I am glad that I still don't have my full appetite back (but its comin back fast):biggrin: But my nurse told me that my body will go into starvation mode and I wont lose....What is yalls experience w/this...Being on full liquids I don't want to get used to high cal stuff only to have to go back to sugerfree later....I had 1/3 can of chicken noodle Soup and chewed it till no end it went down o.k. but I was freakin out about ingesting pasta......I'm makin myself a little nuts here....:cool2:

i don't know the calorie count for sure, but I know it is a lot less than before!!!! I was also worried about starvation mode, and that was another reason I went to mushies as soon as I could. I Still do liquid at Breakfast, Carnation Instant Breakfast, that way I know that I am getting some protien and such. This week I moved to eating chicken or egg salad and crackers for lunch, and then Soup again for dinner. I am down 20.5lbs, so I guess it is working!

Way to go Teachergirl!!!

sounds like you are doing something right!! Keep up the good work!!

Hi Everyone, I'm 14 days post-op and was feeling great, walking an average of 4-6 miles a day! But all of a sudden, I'm now experiencing a sore tummy, tender where the scars are, have I done too much, too early or can I upset the lapband? I had a boneless chicken thigh, 2 days ago and brought it straight up! Can I of made the lapband slip that easy? or am I being paranoid? Can anyone give me advice or have experienced this themselves?

Big Bones-

I know they do not want you throwing up at all, especially so close to surgery when your body is still trying to heal. I would definetly try to stick to very mushy, soft foods until you are at 4 weeks. I say trust your instincts, if you feel like something is wrong, call your doctor. If you think you are doing too much too early than take it easy for a few days and see how you feel.

I dont know how many calories I am getting in but it cant be much. At this point I am really just trying to stick to the mushy/soft foods and when I get to 4 weeks I will try to monitor my calories and watch what I am eating.

You have just had major surgery, can walking 4-6 miles a day be extreme for 14 days post-op! If I were u I would call my doctor! The lap-band system book suggests no strenuous exercise for 4-6 weeks or what your dr. recommends!

GOTTA ? I will be going to a crawfish boil 11 days post op.......I would like to try a couple chewing well of course.....any thoughts or suggestions

GOTTA ? I will be going to a crawfish boil 11 days post op.......I would like to try a couple chewing well of course.....any thoughts or suggestions

ROFLMAO

All I can say is....you are a BRAVE SOUL if you do.

I don't know if I would chance that 11 days post op....if it is just the flavor you will be missing you could always chew and spit I guess.

If you do decide to brave it be sure and let us know how it goes. My hubby is competeing in a Steak Cook-Off May 16th....I've givens some serious thought to chewing and spitting then....

Good luck with the crawfish....I would'nt do it but I totally understand you wanting to. I am a displaced Cajun...lol

Wow... First Mom2Six.. so sorry to hear you are having such pain and nausea! I hope you have taken the earlier postings' advice and called your dr. You absolutely want to do everything you can do NOT to vomit. They should have sent you home with some Rx. Someone mentioned a patch for nausea.. others get Phenergan suppositories. All of the narcotic pain medications can cause nausea, so it is usually recommended to take your nausea medication 30 min prior to your pain medication. That should help. If the pain is still intolerable... go to the ER/call your dr. It should be sore and hurt but shouldn't be so bad you cannot get up and down. Hope it gets better and I don't think you made the wrong decision.

Pezo- OMG.... crawfish?! There are a LOT of things I am craving right now... but that didn't even make my top 100. yuck! I would be careful with that. Those are bottom dwellers and eat all the debris that other smarter fish won't eat. If you can, I would wait a bit longer before being so adventurous. Also, aren't they a little rubbery? They say to avoid lobster and shrimp.. and the texture just seems the same unless you are sucking out the insides. GROSS! Good luck and let us know what happens!

Pezo and others.. re: calories. I just met with my surgeon's nurse today. I have the Realize band and am really digging the onine support. The diet diary is one of the easiest I have used. It gives a nice summary of daily calories/protein/fat etc. The nurse was able to pull this up at the office and see what I was doing. She said to aim for ~80 grams of Protein.. but to keep calories around 800. She said if I could do 600ish it's even better. The max would be 1000. I have lost more than average for their office. (but the higher you are.. the farther you have to fall/lose and the faster it goes). Since I just started regular food.. she warned me of a pending plateau. She wanted me to brace myself.. because this is when most people get frustrated. I won't get my first fill until next week (on the 7th). I cannot wait!!! The hunger has been pretty intense. I have always been good at losing weight.... it's the keeping it off that avails me. So right now my will power is stronger than the hunger. I hope things will feel better after the fill.

ok to all my fellow lucky losers! Keep on punching! WE WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace out... peas.

Laura