Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

Congrats to you both!!! They are both absolutely adorable and perfect little boys.

It must feel great getting to the new mommy stage as opposed to the pregnant and uncomfortable stage, lol.

WOO WOO! I am thrilled to see these little guys! LOTS of boys born! Me, FairyFacade, Cherry, LosingJusme, both of you guys...I think Heather may have had the only girl for awhile...am i forgetting anyone?

Love the names, love the babies, I am so glad you guys are done with pregnancy for now!

I am still struggling with weight loss, mainly because I'm not trying very much. I need a fill, but none of my friends or family are aware I have a lap band, meaning it's hard to hide it sometimes when I get tight, slime, etc. I'm very torn between needing to get this weight off me, but needing to keep my band open enough so that I can eat normally around them...my family is naturally thin and they are VERY outspoken about being against bariatric surgery, so it's alot of pressure on me...what to do?

I am still struggling with weight loss, mainly because I'm not trying very much. I need a fill, but none of my friends or family are aware I have a LAP-BAND®, meaning it's hard to hide it sometimes when I get tight, slime, etc. I'm very torn between needing to get this weight off me, but needing to keep my band open enough so that I can eat normally around them...my family is naturally thin and they are VERY outspoken about being against bariatric surgery, so it's alot of pressure on me...what to do?

Unless you are so tight that you are pb'ing and sliming alot . . . it may not be that much of an issue.

No one knows in my case other than my dh and brother. People noticed I was eating considerably less, I said I was trying to lose a little weight, or I had something to eat earlier, etc. People generally didn't ask more than once or twice over time and just accept that you are eating less and they can see the weight loss. It is really very easy to hide if you are casual about it in discussion.

The only person that ever could have got an inkling that something was up touched my belly randomly while I was very preggers and just happened to touch the port . . . they said something like, "oh my I can feel the baby is it the foot, or the head?" I just said that I wasn't quite sure and that was the end of it, lol.

Emj~ people dont know that I have it as well.. My husband knows, my parents, and one of my friends.

When people notice I eat less I just say that I am doing Portion Control to lose weight which is not a lie. :w00t: when I have those oops moments when something is not going down well I just say I am not that hungry or not feeling well and that usually puts an end to it. Or I usually say that I need to use the rest room and excuse myself and wait till its resolved till I go back.

I cant wait to get tightened. but I am waiting awhile for breast feeding reasons. I just want to make sure I have a good supply before I start cutting way back. I am going to try weight watchers because they give you extra points for nursing and I want to know how many calories I need to maintain BF and lose.. so once I know how much I can eat then I will get tightened so im not hungry.

my advice is dont let worrying about what people might say about what and how your eating stop you from using the tool that you have. sometimes I think that I think people are thinking more about it than they actually are, you are becoming a healthier, happier you :lol:

Congrats!!!! what a beautiful little man!!!! glad you were able to avoid the "C" :redface:

Well unfortunately I couldn't avoid it altogether...I just didn't make my planned appointment, but he was still delivered C Section (after 3 1/2 hours of painful labor too-darnit)

Congrats to you both!!! They are both absolutely adorable and perfect little boys.

It must feel great getting to the new mommy stage as opposed to the pregnant and uncomfortable stage, lol.

Yeah NOT MISSING being pregnant! I was so done.

Well unfortunately I couldn't avoid it altogether...I just didn't make my planned appointment, but he was still delivered C Section (after 3 1/2 hours of painful labor too-darnit)

whoops I misunderstood! well my first was a C and I think getting from point A to point B is the important part.. beautiful healthy baby boy to show for it! :redface:

whoops I misunderstood! well my first was a C and I think getting from point A to point B is the important part.. beautiful healthy baby boy to show for it! :thumbup:

Yeah, the BAD part about having the C Section, I am rethinking the tummy tuck....really not wanting any more surgery.....ouch.

Congratulations for you both! What sweet, ADORABLE little boys you have! :unsure:

I've made it a few weeks with no more gall bladder symptoms (knock on wood) and have even managed to maintain my weight (down 2 pounds from pre-preg weight) with no fill in my band. Hallelujah for food aversions. :thumbup: I'm managing to eat better than I EVER did before the band.

I have my first ultrasound on Monday (I'm 11 weeks) so I'm excited to finally get to see a heartbeat.

Glad to see such beautiful little kiddos. It definitely forces me to recognize that my "baby" is maybe not so much a baby at 2 1/2 yrs old. :(

Same visiting rules apply in the hospital where I work as a nurse. Trust me it's for the best. I am 22 weeks preggo with my second baby girl. My first daughter was born premmie at 33 wks. I was 50 lbs heavier at my emergency midnigt c-section than I am now so I'm praying for a nicer delivery expereince this time..Thank God my daughter is smart and as perfect as a 3 year old can be :thumbup: So far so good with this pregnancy.

I am now 36 weeks and had a crazy Friday night...it started about 3pm, I started with some nausea...so I laid on the couch for a couple of hours and ate very little, drank some Water. About 7pm I started having BH contractions and they were pretty consitent so I timed them, they were approx. 7 min apart...I drank more water and went to bed at 9pm...I decided to ignore them and read a book while lying on my left side to make them go away. I stopped reading after a couple hours and they were still there so decided about midnight to start timing them again...still 7 min apart and they were increasing in intensity.

By 3am they were down to 6 min apart and were pretty intense...I was thinking "wow" this is really going to happen and i'm still early. Called the emergency Dr. on call and she said to "make my best judgement" as far as coming in...well they weren't progressing that fast so I figured at that rate I had at least a day to worry about it...about 6am, they started to decrease in intensity and I was able to sleep...well when I woke up at 10am the next day-they were gone! What a crazy night! I haven't had any notable activity since then!

Weird huh? Today is my 40th birthday (yeah, not too excited about it) and tomorrow is my 36 week Dr appointment so we'll see if there is any activity down South then...the day after is my husbands, mothers and little sisters birthday and although the baby would be early wouldn't it be great if he was born on that day (Oct 28th)? Our family seems to be prone to October birthdays but this baby isn't due until 11/22 (CSection is scheduled for 11/16) and I had my last baby at 3 weeks early (she was a VERY healthy 8 lb 4 oz baby with a HIGH apgar score, so I think because of my spotty periods, they may have been off on my DD a few weeks)

Has anyone checked into their local hospitals H1N1 flu emergency maternity procedures? I just found out our local hospital has some serious rules outlined for newborns right now which include NO ONE under 18 allowed to visit during postpartum recovery and ONLY 2 visitors allowed during the entire recovery period (including the spouse) which I think is great, but i'm going to miss my 5 year old-I won't be able to see her for 4 days! My mom will be watching her so I can't see my mom either because she won't drive her back (they live 100 miles away) until she can leave her safely with us and my step daughters are too young to visit and my girlfriends have young children they can't just leave home, so i'm on my own...it is going to be a LONG stay!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a healthy delivery (and for our sanity) and we'll keep you all up to date as to what is going on....

-Renee

I have a "secret band" too. Only my husband, parents and siblings know. I have had many oops moments where I excuse myself or just stop eating and its ok. Really I think more of what "people may think" is more in my head that in reality. I lost 40 lbs, I am expected to watch my intake since I need to stil loose more. For now, I just have to be preggo and keep eye on the weight gain of my big ol' butt, but more importantly, the baby's weight gain as per the ultrasounds has been totally on target! I must admit, I give in to ice cream MUCH more since finding out about the pregnancy :thumbup: More work for me after the baby is born to loose the extra pounds

Emj~ people dont know that I have it as well.. My husband knows, my parents, and one of my friends.

When people notice I eat less I just say that I am doing Portion Control to lose weight which is not a lie. :unsure: when I have those oops moments when something is not going down well I just say I am not that hungry or not feeling well and that usually puts an end to it. Or I usually say that I need to use the rest room and excuse myself and wait till its resolved till I go back.

I cant wait to get tightened. but I am waiting awhile for breast feeding reasons. I just want to make sure I have a good supply before I start cutting way back. I am going to try weight watchers because they give you extra points for nursing and I want to know how many calories I need to maintain BF and lose.. so once I know how much I can eat then I will get tightened so im not hungry.

my advice is dont let worrying about what people might say about what and how your eating stop you from using the tool that you have. sometimes I think that I think people are thinking more about it than they actually are, you are becoming a healthier, happier you :(

You guys are all so great and supportive. It's hard having a "secret band". I couldn't show my mom my big pregnant belly due to surgical scars, which are almost gone, but still obvious, and I don't slime or PB all the time, but about once a week, I take a big bite if I'm being forgetful, or a certain food just won't sit well and I slime for 20 minutes at a time, so it can be hard to hide...sigh. I am planning to eat as well as possible thru the holidays...packing a healthy lunch and behaving during the work week and at night, but I wanna relax a bit on weekends and for Thanksgiving/Christmas. They are after all, celebrations, so I want to indulge, just not go crazy! My weeknights have been crazy as we have a family member near death in the ICU, so we spend all our time there when not working...hopefully this week will be smoother, he is showing slight signs of improvement.

Hey Guys! Just an update had my 20 week ultrasound today and they told me its a girl!!! she's measurin alittle small but they told me not to worry and they will rescan me in 4 weeks for growth...the doctor told me he has faith that the baby will grow in 4 weeks!! hope everyone is doin well!

Hey Guys! Just an update had my 20 week ultrasound today and they told me its a girl!!! she's measurin alittle small but they told me not to worry and they will rescan me in 4 weeks for growth...the doctor told me he has faith that the baby will grow in 4 weeks!! hope everyone is doin well!

Yeahhh . . . another girl. Congratulations!!! :ohmy::wub::confused:

It seems we have been inundated with boys recently, lol. You are going to have lots of fun shopping for a little girl.

Wow a girl, lately they are rare! When in the hospital it was MOSTLY boy babies born...on my floor alone, I counted 3 girls and over 15 boys born and this was only in the rooms around me! Where are all these boys coming from and who are they going to marry if we don't give them some more girls...LOL

congrats, I pray all goes well for you this pregnancy. :Yawn: