Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

Good luck EJMDiva . . . I can't wait to see pictures of that baby so I hope it is coming very, very soon :0)

Heather, Speaking of pics???? How's your little one doing?

Yeah, Heather, let's see some!

Well, ladies I just had my first ultrasound on Thursday (at about 5.5 weeks). Not much to see yet- but everything is going well. It was basically a black blob with two circles in it (one baby- the circles were the yolk sac and egg sac). They saw a faint flickering for heartbeat but they want me to come back in 2 weeks to get a better heartbeat view.

So far, I haven't had any real nausea to speak of. The BBs hurt like crazy and I am tired like nobody's business. Dog tired. Like I've been beaten with big sticks. Just excited and thinking about babies all day, every day. :biggrin:

I compare pictures of Carson to his very first pic (12 week ultrasound where it's baby & yolk sac in 3-d).

LOL.

Hi all...I haven't posted to lapband lately as i've been busy being pregnant...LOL

Seriously, the first 3 months were awful, now i'm at 23 weeks and have been feeling better for a few weeks and actually out and about doing things...

I need to vent though as i'm starting to get concerned. I had finally gotten down to 200 lbs before I got pregnant and was working HARD for onederland...when I got pregnant I said "i'm not going to worry about my weight" then I got an almost total unfill (there was a small amount left in there they couldn't get) but I was suddenly able to eat anything and I had a burger and it was (i'm not kidding) orgasmic! Well i've had a burger at least once a week since i've gotten pregnant and sometimes fries and/or onion rings and i've really put on the weight (I weighed in this am at 230 lbs!) my doctor told me at my last appointment (I was 225) that I shouldn't worry as i've only put on 13 lbs, but I told her the first 12 pounds happened before I even made it in for my first intake appointment!!!! So now i'm up 30 lbs and i'm starting to feel really scared. I walk 2-4x a week but the weather is getting pretty hot so if I spend alot of time cleaning house on hot days I feel my exercise level if adequate, I eat at least an apple a day to keep my Fiber up, but my body is just packing on the pounds and I don't want to have to lose 50 lbs after this baby is born...I think the reason i'm packing on lbs alot is because I drink milk with every meal (I'm really craving it) but i've switched to 1% and i'm still packing on the lbs....thanks for letting me vent, now I feel better!

On a lighter note, I found out the baby is a boy, he appears healthy and well developed and he is a mover and shaker!! He loves the sound of his big sisters voice, when she's a talking he's a movin! Daddy is really excited too and loves to put his head on my tummy to be close to his new son. This baby is going to be so loved and a valuable member of our family....regardless of how fat his mommy is. :crying:

Yeah, Heather, let's see some!

Well, ladies I just had my first ultrasound on Thursday (at about 5.5 weeks). Not much to see yet- but everything is going well. It was basically a black blob with two circles in it (one baby- the circles were the yolk sac and egg sac). They saw a faint flickering for heartbeat but they want me to come back in 2 weeks to get a better heartbeat view.

So far, I haven't had any real nausea to speak of. The BBs hurt like crazy and I am tired like nobody's business. Dog tired. Like I've been beaten with big sticks. Just excited and thinking about babies all day, every day. :crying:

I know what you mean about dog tired..my first trimester could barely make it from bed each morning down the stairs and to the couch....it passes when you get to your second trimester.....just think about it being natures was of making sure your baby gets a good strong hold on life in your uterus!

I got online and ordered ALOT of books from the local library and picked them all up at once and started reading like crazy...it helps keep your mind off of how tired you feel.

Renee

I need to vent though as i'm starting to get concerned. I had finally gotten down to 200 lbs before I got pregnant and was working HARD for onederland...when I got pregnant I said "i'm not going to worry about my weight" then I got an almost total unfill (there was a small amount left in there they couldn't get) but I was suddenly able to eat anything and I had a burger and it was (i'm not kidding) orgasmic! Well i've had a burger at least once a week since i've gotten pregnant and sometimes fries and/or onion rings and i've really put on the weight (I weighed in this am at 230 lbs!) my doctor told me at my last appointment (I was 225) that I shouldn't worry as i've only put on 13 lbs, but I told her the first 12 pounds happened before I even made it in for my first intake appointment!!!! So now i'm up 30 lbs and i'm starting to feel really scared.

I know everyone is not the same but I just wanted to let you know that you instantly lose quite a bit of weight once the baby is born.

I was at my lowest ever as an adult, 138, when I got pregnant. On the day of delivery, I had an OB appointment and they weighed me in at 188 pounds (different scale but it can only vary by a pound or two). At my six week checkup I weighed 148. 40 pounds dissapeared within the first six weeks without my dieting one iota. (However I know some of that was Water weight and swelling)

Unbelievably, I only have 10 pounds to go to get back to my lowest weight . . . why that is a number I can work with :0)

It is important to keep from gaining too much, but just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Even the lapband wasnt enough to peel off 40 pounds in six weeks.

So like the ads say "I know how you can lose 40 pounds in six weeks" . . . I do know, just give birth!!! lol

I have a question...

I am 14 weeks pregnant and finally out of my 1st trimester. Last week I went and had an unfill because I was constantly nausous and there were days I couldn't eat hardly anything. He took 1.5 - 2 cc's out and now I feel like I can eat anything without much restriction. He did tell me to come back if I needed some put back in but It costs me some money to keep going back. I'm afraid if I have him put some in that in a few weeks as I being to show I will get to tight again. Would you guys wait a few weeks before you had a fill or would you go back now? Thanks for any advise I really don't want to gain a lot of weight so far I've actually lost a few pounds and I have no problem gaining the healthy amount but I have worked so hard as all of you have to get the weight off that I don't want to put anymore then whats health for my baby on.

Thanks,

Crystal

Msch- I was 212lb when I got pregnant, was 285lb when I left the hospital with baby, and was 250lb the next week.. Since then, I've been gaining. My fills aren't working anymore, but hopefully they will soon, I keep going back.

I wasn't worried, then I was worried, now I am worried, now I hate being fat again. The good news is I have a healthy baby boy..heh!

Hi all...I haven't posted to lapband lately as i've been busy being pregnant...LOL

Seriously, the first 3 months were awful, now i'm at 23 weeks and have been feeling better for a few weeks and actually out and about doing things...

I need to vent though as i'm starting to get concerned. I had finally gotten down to 200 lbs before I got pregnant and was working HARD for onederland...when I got pregnant I said "i'm not going to worry about my weight" then I got an almost total unfill (there was a small amount left in there they couldn't get) but I was suddenly able to eat anything and I had a burger and it was (i'm not kidding) orgasmic! Well i've had a burger at least once a week since i've gotten pregnant and sometimes fries and/or onion rings and i've really put on the weight (I weighed in this am at 230 lbs!) my doctor told me at my last appointment (I was 225) that I shouldn't worry as i've only put on 13 lbs, but I told her the first 12 pounds happened before I even made it in for my first intake appointment!!!! So now i'm up 30 lbs and i'm starting to feel really scared. I walk 2-4x a week but the weather is getting pretty hot so if I spend alot of time cleaning house on hot days I feel my exercise level if adequate, I eat at least an apple a day to keep my fiber up, but my body is just packing on the pounds and I don't want to have to lose 50 lbs after this baby is born...I think the reason i'm packing on lbs alot is because I drink milk with every meal (I'm really craving it) but i've switched to 1% and i'm still packing on the lbs....thanks for letting me vent, now I feel better!

On a lighter note, I found out the baby is a boy, he appears healthy and well developed and he is a mover and shaker!! He loves the sound of his big sisters voice, when she's a talking he's a movin! Daddy is really excited too and loves to put his head on my tummy to be close to his new son. This baby is going to be so loved and a valuable member of our family....regardless of how fat his mommy is. :thumbup:

I kinda know how you are feeling.. but I also have learned now is not the time to be concerned about losing weight.. I gained quite a bit in the beginning because I went from being tight and banded and then to eating what I wanted.. I think its just the normal flux from the jump in calories.. and now I am eating pretty well.. trying to behave, but also following some of my cravings because I know its the body's way to tell us that the baby needs something. (with in reason :mellow: )

I am up about 24 pounds and I am at 27 almost 28 weeks.. I guess i just changed my mindset to eating the healthiest I can and not freaking out about gaining weight.. one because I am SUPPOSED to gain right now and 2 because the band is there for me when I am all done.

I guess what I am trying to say is.. I know its hard to go from focusing really hard on weightloss and losing to.. completely putting it on hold and feeling like you are reversing all your hard work.. but remember.. this is why we got the band... so we could get pregnant.. and have healthy pregnancies and then have the band waiting there for us when we are all done.. try to focus on the baby and being healthy.. and not so much about the scale.. most OB's tell women not to even look at the scale because your body is doing what it needs to do... remember that a lot of your wieght is baby, placenta, Water, double the blood supply and extra muscle that your body gets to help you carry the growing baby.

we will all get there!! and have cute little babies to show for our extra pudge.. being that this is my second I can tell you its all worth it.. I lost all my pregnancy weight with the first.. just in time to get pregnant with the second :crying: and I would do it all again!!

I have a question...

I am 14 weeks pregnant and finally out of my 1st trimester. Last week I went and had an unfill because I was constantly nausous and there were days I couldn't eat hardly anything. He took 1.5 - 2 cc's out and now I feel like I can eat anything without much restriction. He did tell me to come back if I needed some put back in but It costs me some money to keep going back. I'm afraid if I have him put some in that in a few weeks as I being to show I will get to tight again. Would you guys wait a few weeks before you had a fill or would you go back now? Thanks for any advise I really don't want to gain a lot of weight so far I've actually lost a few pounds and I have no problem gaining the healthy amount but I have worked so hard as all of you have to get the weight off that I don't want to put anymore then whats health for my baby on.

Thanks,

Crystal

Crystal,

HI! sorry you had a rough start. I was pretty sick too. I think its kinda a personal choice.. I was very sick with my first and decided from the start of this pregnancy that I would empty the band and just focus on the pregnancy and not so much on the weight loss.. I just didnt want to spend 9 months obsessing about how much weight I was gaining and if the baby was getting enough nutrients. So I just do my best to eat healthy and be healthy.. and I decided my weightloss journey was on hold until this baby is born,.. the band is there for me when Im done. :crying: thats why I went the adjustable route.

some people go through pregnancy with a fill and do just fine.. so its really what you feel is right for you and your baby.

I can tell you that I susposedly have all my fill out and there are times where i am still feeling restriction. maybe its hormonal..

Well good luck!

I kinda know how you are feeling.. but I also have learned now is not the time to be concerned about losing weight.. I gained quite a bit in the beginning because I went from being tight and banded and then to eating what I wanted.. I think its just the normal flux from the jump in calories.. and now I am eating pretty well.. trying to behave, but also following some of my cravings because I know its the body's way to tell us that the baby needs something. (with in reason :thumbup: )

I am up about 24 pounds and I am at 27 almost 28 weeks.. I guess i just changed my mindset to eating the healthiest I can and not freaking out about gaining weight.. one because I am SUPPOSED to gain right now and 2 because the band is there for me when I am all done.

I guess what I am trying to say is.. I know its hard to go from focusing really hard on weightloss and losing to.. completely putting it on hold and feeling like you are reversing all your hard work.. but remember.. this is why we got the band... so we could get pregnant.. and have healthy pregnancies and then have the band waiting there for us when we are all done.. try to focus on the baby and being healthy.. and not so much about the scale.. most OB's tell women not to even look at the scale because your body is doing what it needs to do... remember that a lot of your wieght is baby, placenta, Water, double the blood supply and extra muscle that your body gets to help you carry the growing baby.

we will all get there!! and have cute little babies to show for our extra pudge.. being that this is my second I can tell you its all worth it.. I lost all my pregnancy weight with the first.. just in time to get pregnant with the second :crying: and I would do it all again!!

I felt that way in the beginning but now i'm worried as I really didn't think with my newer healthier eating habits I would have gained this much this fast....thanks for the support though.

Crystal,

HI! sorry you had a rough start. I was pretty sick too. I think its kinda a personal choice.. I was very sick with my first and decided from the start of this pregnancy that I would empty the band and just focus on the pregnancy and not so much on the weight loss.. I just didnt want to spend 9 months obsessing about how much weight I was gaining and if the baby was getting enough nutrients. So I just do my best to eat healthy and be healthy.. and I decided my weightloss journey was on hold until this baby is born,.. the band is there for me when Im done. :crying: thats why I went the adjustable route.

some people go through pregnancy with a fill and do just fine.. so its really what you feel is right for you and your baby.

I can tell you that I susposedly have all my fill out and there are times where i am still feeling restriction. maybe its hormonal..

Well good luck!

This week i'm starting to feel restriction again. On a bite of rice I had a PB! No kidding, it shocked me! I think with the growing baby inside of me it pushed what little Fluid was still in my tubing up into the lapband and is causing it to be tighter, that and it could also be fluid retention...I would NOT recommend getting any fills while pregnant! You have WAY too many other things to worry about than your band.

Renee

It's great reading all these posts. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one wondering/worrying about these things.

For me, the part that is the most disturbing about the inevitable weight gain during pregnancy is the return of that old "food is king" feeling, that I had managed to get past because of the band. Literally, I can feel my old obsession with food coming back. My ob doctor said not to worry- it's the hormones and my body's way of making sure I get enough nutrients. And I know deep down that if I'm truly hungry (as opposed to head hunger or emotional eating), there's nothing wrong with eating- even if it's more than what I'm used to. But it kinda scares me to feel this way again.

I feel like an alcoholic who's being told to drink for the sake of my baby. I know this is an extreme analogy- but that's the fear that have about my previous food addiction.

I am so very discouraged and tired today. I am doing everything possible to just blink back tears of frustration and fatigue. I had my 40 wk appt and non-stress test. I am STILL 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced, no change over the past month...AAARRGHH!! The doctor we saw today was rushed and very no-nonsense, I had wanted to ask him to strip my membranes and maybe get things moving, but I just didn't, he was rushed to get to other patients and a woman about to deliver.

If one more person jokes to me that I have to be patient and "he'll come when he's ready", I will smack them. I know it's true, but the past 2 weeks have been sooooo rough. Nausea, diarrhea, cramping, contractions, yet nothing is getting us close to labor. During the non-stress test today, I didn't have 1 teenie contraction, so I feel like I'm not even getting close, even though the menstrual cramps and backache that I go all day with feel like labor. We've done so much walking, sex, spicy food, etc etc etc...and to go into your exam and have none of it make a difference is so discouraging.

Sorry, I had to vent. I feel like this baby will never show up.