Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hi Amy,

I really hope this fill does good things for you. I just had my 3rd fill last week and its great. I feel like im really getting to a good fill point. Ive got a total of 5.4 cc's in my band. I do eat more than the 3-4 oz but I lost 14 lbs last month so I think its good. Getting to a good fill helps so much!!

Thanks Amy

When I went for my fill I had lost 18 lbs and after the Dr found out I'd basically been living on slider foods he fussed at me lol and said I was eating around the band. So now even if its something that I normally have trouble with ike dry chicken he wants me to eat it any ways. He said even if its 2 bites and stop....he explained how with the supplements I'm on and all I am getting what I need.

DH just gave me my first B 12 shot a few minutes ago, they added caltrate plus D and told me I can switched to an adult Vitamin when I run out of my chewables....I still have 3 unopened bottles of them.

He felt pretty sure that if he gave me another fill I would be to tight, so with only 1 fill here I am....and I've lost another 3 lbs in 2 days YAY me.......

Oh I got me a body bugg, even though my eyes need surgery I still am a very visual person. It takes awhile to get in sync n learn how to use all the bells n whistles but its so cool seeing claories burned, it is really helping me push myself

Keep up all the great work everyone, hopefuly I'll keep getting the notifications of new posts now

Wow! Congrats on the weightloss Colorado and Saundra!

This 2nd fill is making all the difference in the world now. :(

I need to remember to take my Vitamins.

Started working out 30 min on the elliptical. Made it three times this week, up from two last week.

Good luck with the body bugg. Tell us how that is working for you!

Thanks Amy :(

Ya definately try to get those Vitamins in I have really long hair and the Protein supplements I do are a major help at 43 grams a day but I increased it to 1 1/2 vials a day spread out so that I have the best chance of keeping every gram. Seeing how they pushed the vitamins this week as well as added more its kind of made me remember to take the evening one better. Theres a thread on here about the bugg its full of info, it was one of the reasons I decided to get it. Definately keeps me more honest and accountable

Hi Amy,

I really hope this fill does good things for you. I just had my 3rd fill last week and its great. I feel like im really getting to a good fill point. Ive got a total of 5.4 cc's in my band. I do eat more than the 3-4 oz but I lost 14 lbs last month so I think its good. Getting to a good fill helps so much!!

Wow , you girls are doing great!! I have stalled, need to get my big booty moving, I know that is what is missing. I ask my husband I dont understand why I am so lazy! I am eating less, think I need just alittle tweak with the band. Mind is playing games, I have big problem with the sweets. Any suggestions? loss 20 lbs since Jan. but stuck, think I am at 4.7cc, he gave me 1.7 then took out 1cc, then took out .7, so now I am less than 3 months ago! What is a body bugg?? Motivator?? Good to read about both of you girls weight loss, keep it up:thumbup:

I first saw the body bugg on the biggest loser then found a thread on here. The wole idea is to be able to know what you burned and what you took in so calorie in versus calorie out and if you burn 3500 thats suppose to be a lb....I should say extra 3500. I just put in my data for the day so far and its so cool I have a deficit of 1730.....theres a graph thats time stamped so DH and I could see that at 10 was me climbing steps hanging launry then it calms down for a little bit then spikes like a heart monior read out thing showing when I was cutting grass, you can see I took a break and started back LOL then another break when grass was done then went out and got laundry in before the storm hit. The biggie is knowing that I have about 1/2 burned off today after my calorie intake. I don't want to sound like an ad for it though but like I said I'm very visual and last month when I stalled i got depress and hot the chex mix, needless to say they didn't help. I've looked at other calorie counters and this one seems to have a much bigger list of foods. Heres a link that shows you a person who ate more than they burned, which is ok they just need to make it up in the next couple of days. Oh and the price she mentioned isn't the sale price that they have now....Hope this helped answer

http://opensourcediet.com/22/i-bought-the-bodybugg-intelligent-calorie-management-system/

thanks for the info, I ckd it out. I think I should try writing down what is going IN! then I have a visual of what and how many cals. going in. I have my pedometor on everyday, I do get much happier when I see that I hit 4,000 steps or higher, means I was moving around much more.

going to try to correct some ugly habits this weekend, see if that helps get out of 208, I had seen 207 so going to get back on track!!!:thumbup: Have a great weekend

I'll be out of town, so I wanted to wish everyone happy 4 month bandiversary!!!

I think I may have had an overfill on fill number two. I lost 6 pounds in the first two weeks, but now I have stalled out again. It seems no matter how small of a bite and how much I chew solids, they don't stay down very well. Eating solids is a little painful, and then more than not, I get the profusive, uncontrollable salivation followed by a trip to the throne room. :mad:

So I have been falling back on liquids and mushies, thus the plateau. I keep hoping this thing will loosen up a bit. :thumbup:

Hi pvtash61,

I wanted to check in and see how things are going with the plateau that you hit. I am in exactly the same boat. I think I am eating around the band.

I hope that you are doing well. It really helpe me to see the tips adn comments on this post and hope that everyone is well.

For me I had to not only write what I ate down but I had to start weighing again, I was getting larger portions than I thought. I'm back to loosing again now :party:. Good Luck everyone

How's everyone doing?

I am finally able to eat veggies again. I swear I just had the best salad ever, or so it seemed. Never thought I'd actually miss them.

Still a slow crawl downward. But even if it seems slow, at least it is downward! :thumbup:

Happy 5 months, everyone!

Last weekend was my first vacation away from home, and the first time ever that I didn't gain a pound, even though there was so much food everywhere.

YAY! :smile2:

Happy 5 months, everyone!

Last weekend was my first vacation away from home, and the first time ever that I didn't gain a pound, even though there was so much food everywhere.

Thats totally awesome Amy :smile2: ...

I hope everyones feeling good about where they are at...hehehehe I'm not I hit a wall at every 10 lb marker and teeter forever, right now I'm teetering waiting for my regular appt since I feel restricted enough I don't see any need to make the appt sooner even though he says if you don't loose a lb in a week you need a fill. I think a big part of me did expect to loose overnight and now that the fast loss stage is past I'm trying to accept the much slower (in my case) weight loss.

I know what you mean. I hit a standstill about every 6 or 7 pounds. It is hard to be patient, but looking at the big picture (pun intended) helps. :(

Why does everything effect weight? I have recently had a coupld surgeries and had to use steroids I have a couple more weeks using them, then I go and get into poison ivy and get it bad so they put me on prednisone *so yesterday. You got it, steroids increase appetite and weight distribution.....so maybe in a few weeks I will see the scale move when I'm off them, and here I was only worried about them making me grow hair in unwanted places :(