Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, January 23, 2009

:thumbup:Happy One Month, everyone!:hurray:

Thank You and the same to you as well, so hows everyone doing? I had my forst REAL PB last night ughhh I will never have to ask what it is again, I thought I had experienced it prior but that was just restriction I think but last night was hell. Now my goal is to see how long I can go without doing that again. Hope everyones doing great :hurray:

Hey everyone,

Well, I had my first fill today. It went great!!! I think that this will give me back some great restriction. Yay!!

Since im cleared for all exercise I plan on getting a gym membership next week. Are any of you exercising yet?

Grats on the fill!

Only walking so far. Doc said no crunches for 3 months.

Waiting for my first fill which will be next Monday (3/2).

I am looking forward to it, as I feel I can eat just about anything in sight now. :smile:

Congrats on the fill Colo.

Today was my one month released to full diet and exercise just not heavy crunchies but I bough a latin workout for the abs and he was fine with that so tomorrow I will see how pitiful I am at it. I had gained a couple of lbs this past week so my total weight loss sinc4e surgery is 20 lbs he said not to worry for the first 3 months it may seem crazy. Who knows what that means, they are suppose to call to arrange my first fill for next week he wants to do it with contrast he said he can check everything better. If I understood him right hes going to over fill me to let me understand the feeling them put me back to where he really wants me so I am looking forward to that.

Then he tols me to stay away from greasy, crunchy, slider foods that make u eat tons of time a day, gave me a pep talk and off I went. LOL so here it goes I guess. Funny part is I'm still not sure what to expect in the near future but since he says my job is to eat right exercise and let him worry about the rest for now I'll go with that

Happy one month to eveyrone also. That did fly by. Congrats on the fill Colorado. You are doing great! I have my first fill on the 9th.

I started exercising on Saturday. I have been doing the elliptical for 30 mins every day. It seems to be fine. No crunches yet.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hey all just checking in. Ditto on the one month mark everyone. I'm back to eating regularly. Last week wasn't a good week for me, binge eating...stress, monthly cycle, mood swings - just bad. Trying to get back on track this week. 1st fill not until Mar 11th. Somewhat looking forward to it, to help slow me down. Those who have had their fill, let me know how things go - need an idea of what to expect. Not exercising yet, not because I can't, I just haven't. Need to work on this. Ok talk with ya'll soon.

Hang in there Sharon. It has been tough on my end also. You are not alone. Please reach out when you need support/help.

I've hit a plateau. Up and down the same two pounds for two weeks now. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's fills!

Hey Sharon and everyone,

I was eating close to regularly also before my fill. Actually all the weight ive lost since surgery was from my first week post-op when I was on liquids. I didnt lose anything the following 3 weeks.

I have lost one pound since I got my fill so hopefully I will stay on that track.

thanks everyone - I guess it's going to take a lot of work and committment, sometimes I wonder if I should have opted for gastric, feel like I'm dieting and was never successful at that...ergo the band. I hope a fill will curb the intake just a bit. I'm eating better this week and even did some exercises (oh yea), but I know I should/could do better. Colorado, keep us posted on the fill progress. I'm really interested in finding out what it will do for you. I've read of such amazing weight loss numbers on this site, but I'm wondering if the folks who are having success were just so committed to eating as if you were on a diet, that without the band they probably would have done alright???

sharons - I have completely changed the way I eat since getting the band. I was always eating out and I drank enough Diet Coke everyday to fill a pool. I havent had one since my surgery and I dont even crave them now. The last weekend I made a couple of bad choices (Chili's and Olive Garden), but I'm still far better off than where I was before my band!

I could never stick to a diet before - but worrying about "hurting" the band, "wasting" my money and having to weigh in has really helped me! Course my coworker getting the band 1 week before me has been a huge help too - we can compete over weight loss.

But - to answer your question, I wouldve never had the motivation to change my habits without the band. I now do the Wii Fit everyday (anywhere from 20 min to 60 min) and its enough to break a sweat, but not rigorous.

I'm with you, Sharon. I'm sick of dieting.

I'm trying to look at this more like Portion Control with the band more than worrying about watching every type of food I eat. Hopefully with the fills that will work.

hey all ~ just checking in and checking up on everyone. Had difficulty logging in to the site last couple of days. I'm off my pitty pot now and trying to do exercises e.g. walking and sit-ups. Haven't weighed in awhile - so not sure what the damage has been from the last week or so. Trying to get back on track. Amy I like the concept of "portion size" more than what type of food I can eat. That p.o me so much not to eat things I want sometimes, so maybe I'll think of it in terms of portion sizes. Good one. Ok ladies take care, talk with you all soon.