Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Thanks - I will check it out. Doing ok; crazy, busy week. Eating has been lite. Need to really stop and take some time for myself during day to eat. Not starving, but not healthy either. Check back a little later. Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hey all! It's been a while!! Hopefully everyone is doing well. As I write this at 11P, i am STARVING! I can't believe it; I thought that I would never be able to get to 800-1200 cals, and now I'm struggling to keep it within bounds. I can't wait for restriction. Think I'll call the doc to set it up.

I am probably eating too much at each setting, and really need to work on keeping it down.

This week, I'll go back and read all of the posts that have accrued.

Anyone gone for their first fill yet?

Well, first solid food day was interesting. I went to eat mexican food, and ordered some chicken nachos. The hardest part was no drinking.

I took small bites of chips, salsa and queso. No problem there, and after about 3 or 4 nachos, I was done. That was the largest to-go box I ever had. Everyone else in the lab was feeling miserable, but I was comfortable.

The problem happened when I was home four hours later. My brain was like..."Hey baby. We've got some yummy leftovers. Hows about me and you and some nachos, eh?"

I made a small plate and after the second nacho...

PB and pressure. LOL.

Lesson learned. Ignore the brain hunger! It lies!! :ohmy:

First fill will be March 2nd.

Thanks for the advice now I need some more. I've been all over this site trying to find out what pb-ing feels like, I read about it all the time but have yet to find a physical definition, if you don't mind I'd be really thankfull

For me it was similar to the crushing gassy chest pains I got after surgery. Except that I felt my esophagus was full.

And I didn't throw up with stomach convulsions, but the food (and lots of saliva (I think that is what everyone is calling 'slime') just forced its way back up.

Not pleasant.

hi all, I went to a bridal shower yesterday, and sorry to say i was able to finish all on my plate! It didnt help that I had missed my oatmeal breakfast! I know I was given the band not filled, so I think when I go for visit on Tues the 17, I will discuss my hunger, and how I made a

P-I- G of myself, oh the shame! I made my valentine goal, hoped for 219, but made 218, maybe that is why I ate!! I hate when I do this to myself, I do real good, then all it takes is one stupid day. I will get back on track. Hope everyone had a sweet day, nice day for Valentine's day. It was sunny in CA Patti with a smile

Patti

You didn't say how much was on your plate but it sure sounded more than 3-4 ounces. I still am having to measure to keep from over eating. Good news thats what fills are suppose to help with as you've figured out. I have found one treat that I've decided for now I will allow and thats sugar free fudge cickles, they are 40 calories and much to my surprise very good. I treated myself to one for Valentines day and didn't have to feel bad abut 40 calories. I would think though your dr will agree that if your able to eat so much its fill time. I am having a hard time with the mental side where I get full so fast and yet my mind thinks I should eat as much as before to achieve satisfaction. Glad my mind can't win this one or I'd be blowing back up over night. Don't be to hard on yourself, knowing that it was more than you should have been able to eat and letting your dr know is what the bands all about.

LOL! You didn't mention how big the plate was.

My doc said I should be eating a third of what I ate before. I wasn't given any specific amount other than that.

The main thing is if you are still losing weight, then you are doing great!!!

Hi all - sounds like everyone is progressing on well. P-bing as I understand it is called a "productive burp;" although there doesn't appear to be anything productive about it. But as someone explained it to me - which is pretty much like Amy described, is when food trys to go down, but for whatever reason begins to come back up like your getting ready to burp; the food either goes back down or comes out again; maybe like a pot boiling over. I haven't had that problem either and can't say I want to either.

I like ff fudgcicles too. I also do sf pudding with whipped cream and mandarin oranges in light juice, but I drain the juice. I need variety otherwise I feel deprived.

I finally had a real meal yesterday. It was great. I didn't have much, but it was filling and I felt like a normal person again. I am shocked at how little food I eat compared to what I use to. I do eat my meals off a saucer, like suggested by my doc or use the scale to insure I don't exceed 4 - 6oz. I also notice that my system doesn't care much for starchy foods, otherwise I have serious problems with gas, cramping and Constipation. Foods high in Fiber and Protein seem to work well and helps with the head hunger (at least for a while). I do get hungry much sooner than I use.

I lost 5lbs this week, but it was not a healthy way to lose, I didn't eat much at all during the week - got really busy at work and either didn't eat, start to eat and not finish. Going to work on this through this week.

Well that's it for my update, will catch up with you guys later.

well gals, I know it was not 3oz of chicken nor 3oz of Pasta, nor was the veggies on the plate 3oz ! And God knows that Taramasui was definately not 3 oz! so, what am I up to now.....3+3+3+3+ salad.....damn..way to much! I have been pretty good the rest of the weekend, no loss of lbs but no gain either.:rolleyes: I have to do some exercise today, going to get back on to the Wii..Fitness. tomorrow is the day, possible first fill. My doc is known for his aggressive approach. After he screams at me for the italian lunch mishap!!!LOL I hope he agrees I need some help with the hunger. I will keep you posted on the visit. Thanks for the supports and most of all the nice words. Patti in Ca, today is a raining day....and we need the rain. Thank you God!

I'm envious I miss my Wii Fit I also bought the Core Rhythem dvds to workout to but first he has to release me and my next appts the 24th :rolleyes: so until then just walking and oh I did sneak and teach my hubby the electric slide a little bit ago Hehehehe. I use salad size plates but mostly if I'm just having one thing I do the little bowels that I use to call finger bowls lol they hold right around 4 ounces and since I'm still on semi mushies + I seem to eat all 4 ounces of one food right now. Unless you count vegetable Soup I don't think I've had a meal that was more than 1 course yet. The list he gave me is really strict but he mentioned I could have chili and some other things that aren't on it so I dabble a bit. Oh I did try some leftover wheat spaghetti I had made for my hubby with melted low fat pepper jack cheese yesterday. That was way more filling then I expected it to be and stayed with me longer than a lot of things do. Hmmm thinking about it is making me wonder if all the leftovers are gone LOL if not I may have it again. If not I need to think of something I'm really bored with Soups. Have fun on the Wii I think I'm gonna get on mine just so I can hear what it says about my weight loss. Its always good when you know ahead its a loss and not a gain. Have Fun

Hey all! I know I haven't posted in awhile, but things seem to be going really great this way. I'm still losing weight, not as rapidly and that's without restrictions so pretty exciting. I think a lot of it has to do with how badly I want it. I hated the mushy stage because all I felt like I was eating was bad stuff, which my dietician said would happen. Once I started eating regular food, well as regular as it's going to get I needed to start looking at things more closely. Which is what I've been doing. It's really kind of interesting. Cereal has been the most facinating for me. Just because the name sounds healthy doesn't mean it is LOL

I did have an issue on Thursday. I noticed I have a palm size knot on my left side where my port is. I called them and they wanted me to come in for an exam. She said she thought I had seroma (fluid around my port). They don't do anything about it until the time of my first fill due to the risk of infection. There's also the possibility that my port has flipped, but they won't know until the fill. So it's a waiting game, but I was glad I went in. I felt like I was imagining things. I think I tend to be a hypochondriac haha but the PA was glad I came in because they need to know about those things. It's painful if I do too much, like shopping :rolleyes: but otherwise I'm good.

Little personal note- I started dating a new guy recently. He finds me sexy now, but is really excited and encouraging for the future :biggrin:

WTG Ill.....LOL I think if I wasn't married I'd be scared to start dating, only because if he likes BBW's I have no intention of staying one but I do know theres plenty of men out there who love us internally not just externally, good luck I'm happy for you

I'm glad you went in and I'm sure your not the first they've seen so hopefully an easy fix. Seems like our instincts are pretty good at this stuff