Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandster Check-in

Hi September Samuris. I haven't checked in here in a few months...life keeps getting in the way of my PC time. LOL

I was banded 9/11/08 weighing 277 and today I weigh 230. I have been tossing around 5lbs for the last 2 months, but finally had a good fill about two weeks ago and those 5lbs left. Whew...I was getting pretty frustrated!

I have went from a size 28 to a size 20 since August...it's been a crazy ride!

You all were talking about bras....man, I was so freakin' happy the day that I could wear an underwire bra again! Finally...they are up where they belong again. I don't think that they've sat there since before breastfeeding! LOL

I really hope that I can get into the habit of checking in here daily and getting to know you all better. I feel like I do better when I'm talking to other bandsters on a regular basis!

Hi September Samuris. I haven't checked in here in a few months...life keeps getting in the way of my PC time. LOL

I was banded 9/11/08 weighing 277 and today I weigh 230. I have been tossing around 5lbs for the last 2 months, but finally had a good fill about two weeks ago and those 5lbs left. Whew...I was getting pretty frustrated!

I have went from a size 28 to a size 20 since August...it's been a crazy ride!

You all were talking about bras....man, I was so freakin' happy the day that I could wear an underwire bra again! Finally...they are up where they belong again. I don't think that they've sat there since before breastfeeding! LOL

I really hope that I can get into the habit of checking in here daily and getting to know you all better. I feel like I do better when I'm talking to other bandsters on a regular basis!

Yay you on your weight loss!

I think that we all should Celebrate our victories. We have come so far. Congrats to us all!

Been awhile here too. I am not getting the LBT messages. I started at 233 and I am now at 163. Size 8 jeans! I would like to lose another 20 lbs and I will be happy. I have great restriction...can't keep a lot down. I have noticed a great deal of Hair loss. I heard that it is common 4 months out. Thank goodness I have a head full of hair. One of my highschool classmates now sells nutrition supplements (Isotonix) that are all liquid. I am gonna try the prenatal Vitamins and the B12. Let you know how that works out for me.

I started at 233 and I am now at 163. Size 8 jeans! I would like to lose another 20 lbs and I will be happy.

You are doing so great! Wow! A size 8? I haven't seen that size since college! You go girl!

way to go JWRN!!!! I had my fill appointment today, but they thought Iwas still pretty tight so they thought to give another month or so and let me decide. but this month even though I struggled a bit - it was really tight this month - they felt I made good nutritional choices and I lost 12 pounds since my last visit last month. so far this a record month for me. I am so stoked about it too. 9 more to go and I'm below that 200 mark... I can't believe it finally!!! I haven't seen 199 since I was probably 22.... YEAH ME!!!! and yeah to all of you and your successes!!!!

You are all doing great.

teri

Sounds like everyone is doing great! :tt2: I'm down 48# now. September 30 was my new birthday. I made a vow that I wouldn't reach my 60th birthday as a "fat old lady" but instead a strong, healthy woman. I'm only 22# from the goal I set myself. The dr. set it at 32# and I think I can actually make his goal by my 1 year bandiversary. Last visit he told me I could probably actually do a 100# It's a number I can't even imagine.

I realized just recently as I was working out that 5 months ago I had to use my asthma inhaler just to walk in to work out. Now I can walk in, exercise vigorously for an hour and practically skip out! Also, I had my blood pressure checked yesterday and it's normal. :thumbup: Have a check up with my primary in March and I'm hoping she will take me off both meds.

Keep up the good work Samurai's!! :smile:

Hello Samurai's,

I just found you and this is my first post to this thread. I was banded 9/29/08 and have had two fills. I am down 64 pounds from my first appointment with the surgeon to today. (51 of it post-op) and I've had two fills. I haven't felt that "sweet spot" yet, but I only weigh once a week and I either stay the same or lose 1/2 to a pound a week (and I'm okay with that) as long as I don't gain.

I've had lots of questions about what I should be eating etc and found a great website (all-about-lapband.com) and they have a lap-band eating plan that has been a Godsend. It has recommended food lists and portions and a core plan of what you should eat at each meal. I copied it, made myself a daily food journal on my computer that I printed on pretty colored paper and bought myself a notebook that I covered with and old pair of jeans (I sew) and I am taking charge. That way when I see my doctor I can show him what steps I'm taking to make this work.

Anyway, if you get a chance, it's worth checking out.

Good luck to all you fellow Samurai's and Iwill be checking this thread regularly.

Slim-n-tn

You were talking about your fear of chicken. I have found chicken hard to eat myself. My hubby does almost all of the cooking at home and the best chicken is when he puts chicken thighs or chicken legs in the crockpot, dumps a jar of salsa on top and cooks it on low all day long. It comes out soft and juicy. Add a little ranch Beans and a spoon of rice to your plate and it's perfect with plenty leftover to pack for lunch the next day.

I'm glad you found us Gus, and welcome to the group. Thanks so much for the tip. I'm going to check it out. Congratulations to your fabulous weight loss to date!

Welcome! I am going to try chicken thighs. I had tried a similar recipe with chicken breast (wrong thing to do). It tasted very good, but breast meat doesn't absorb any of the moisture from the salsa.

Anyway, I am glad that you found us too. It is really nice to be in contact with people that were banded at around the same time.

Ok, I'll stop lurking and check in :tt2: it's been a rough couple of weeks, because court is crazy (I'm a trial attorney) and I just don't get the cardio in like I should.

I gained some muscle after I started Tae Kwon Do. It seemed like the scale just wasn't moving and TOM kicked in and blah blah blah. So I started taking 2 15 minute walks at work a day. That helps get some of the cardio.

Then I got nastyGrams from the insurance company complaining about not preauthorizing my fills (which they never told me I had to do) and that they didn't want to keep approving them (I've had 3) because I wasn't losing much weight between fills ... well, yeah, if you don't lose weight because you have restriction, then you're not gonna lose much, huh?

So I called the medical preauthorization nurse people and said, "I can walk a 20 minute mile now and I started Tae Kwon Do! What more do you want?"

She laughed and preapproved the next fill :thumbup:

Glad to hear everyone else is doing so well!

P.S. - I use the Realize Band website too ... it has meal plans and an online food journal, etc. Pretty cool for those who have Realize.

Hi all ... Long time since I have been here ... and I m going into the slow loss ... Have not lost more than 5 Lbs since christmas and it is frustrating ... and then the fills are getting too tight ... sometimes I can not keep Water in ... but then I m not exercising or watching the quality of food I m getting in ... I m going to soft food which is usually fatty food ... I logged in today to get inspiration from all of you to go back on track ... which you did ... I ll be loggging on more often .... Cheers

Slim-n-tn

You were talking about your fear of chicken. I have found chicken hard to eat myself. My hubby does almost all of the cooking at home and the best chicken is when he puts chicken thighs or chicken legs in the crockpot, dumps a jar of salsa on top and cooks it on low all day long. It comes out soft and juicy. Add a little ranch Beans and a spoon of rice to your plate and it's perfect with plenty leftover to pack for lunch the next day.

Funny that you said this, I have problems with chicken breast too. I had some El Pollo Loco chicken and almost died. I can eat chicken salad, but I have found any protien I eat has to be moist. Even eggs. I place them scambled in my oatmeal. Dry for some reason, I can feel it going all the way down and then I get that LUMP.

Let me know about thigh meat. I can eat steak, Med Rare of course, but like I said, juicy meat, yes. Even lunch meat has to have mustard on it. I know gross, dipping turkey in mustard, but it works.

I had stopped my protien drink and found my weight loss stalled. I started again this week and dropped three pounds. Anyone else have that happen? Maybe I wasn't getting enought protien. And YES my hair is still falling out.

Take Care

Debbie

I understand what you are talking about Debbie. I put mustard on my lunch meat rolls. I tried some fairly well done beef. I WON'T be doing that again. I have never chewed so much in my life. The beef did not want to go down. I gave up and just ate the salad. I am not really all that tight, so not being able to eat the beef was odd. I can do steak if it is cooked right. I guess we are all on a learning curve.