Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandster Check-in

I had my fourth fill today. I'm up to around 4.1 ccs in my 10 cc band. I can feel a difference with swollowing Water right now. I"m on liquids today, mushies tomorrow. I'll know more by saturday.

I actually gained back a few pounds and freaked out and called my surgeon to get a fill early.

teri

Edited by terilynn112
sent to soon.

That is GREAT that she is going to do it, it isn't for EVERYONE, but people who have battled weight their whole life, it is really worth it. I know its not a miracle fix, but a tool that will help with portion sizes. If you go into it knowing that..You'll be GOLDEN! I am going to go to my first support group here in Boise on the fouth Monday of the month. It should be interesting! Are you doing any excersise?

You are right about it not being a miracle. She has battled weight since childhood. She has a major Portion Control problem. She said that she is concerned about her health. She had 2 of her 3 brothers die within a year because of weight related illnesses (diabeties, heart disease). She can see that being herself. I was so proud of her. She is actually going to the same surgeon.

At the moment, my excerise is sporadic at best. It has been so awful here for outdoor activity. I haven't joined a gym as of yet. I am hoping to go buy an excerise bike this weekend. I really want to get the wii fit. I had a wii, but sold it when no one used it. About 2 months later they produced the wii fit. I was so upset with myself.

I do wii fit nearly every day. It's more fun than real exercise, so I enjoy it.

teri

Teri, if you are burning calories, it is real exercise. I don't care if it is on the wii. :-)

I am very glad that she is making the change, sad however it took losing two family members to shake her up. Hind site is 20/20 though..THe good thing is that she is going to make a difference and save her life!

I made an agreement with myself to at least get 30 min of excersise no matter if in a gym, outside, skiing, etc. I used to be an avid excersiser..I don't know what happened.. Life maybe. :thumbup::thumbs_up:

Unfortunately, exercise was never my strong suit. I was one of the naturally skinny people until my 20s. Even then, I didn't put on major weight until I had my son. I was 25. I should have started exercising then, but I didn't. Now, I am struggling to start a routine.

That's the truth!:) I have always been "Stocky" but after I had my son at the age of 29 I gained 65 pounds with him and at full term I was 265. I started my weight loss journey at 260 pounds..I a looking forward getting under 200 then under 190 etc. I have set 10 pound goals for myself, I think that might be better than trying to tackle 100 pounds all at once!:D

You are already on your way! We are on this wonderful journey with our band. We are going to meet each of our mini goals (and our main goals).

my current mini goal is to get under 215. I'm on most days 9 pounds away. The last few days I'm 14 pounds away. :) Not to happy about the gain. But with this fill, and being on liquids now yesterday and most of today, I'll hopefully break down that number some.

I did the leslie sansone walk slim video today. I've been doing 2 miles twice a week for about 2 weeks. I did the full video today... including the band workout. I'm pretty sore tonight, and seriously needed a shower after I was done. Hopefully I'm not terribly stiff tomorrow, as Matthew has therapy in the morning. Anyway, back to the workout. It's not a technically difficult video, and doesn't require special stuff. Doesn't have any crazy music or anything. I enjoyed it. I actually kept up with it first tries in each section. I'll attempt it again tomorrow, in hopes that I shake things up again. Maybe the weight will start moving again.

teri

Edited by terilynn112
didn't finish typing before sending accidentally

Teri, just keep going. You are doing fantastic!

I was finally approved for my 2nd fill. I was told by the person in the Drs office that my IPA Group questioned the need for a fill so soon. EXCUSE ME! :) I had my last fill on 10-23, over two months ago. I asked if they had any idea how this band really works and why did they approve me for the band if they are not going to allow me the tools to make it work. I them her that a lot of people in our group have had 3 or 4 fills! She agrees, once every 6 weeks should not be a problem. I will have to call my insurance co. So much for HMOs. :D But I am stuck, it is all I have.

I am down 61 pounds, 80 all total, but I am now loosing about a pound a week. I know that is what we were promised and what we expect, BUT, you know in our hearts we enjoyed the quick loses we experienced at first.

I know, slow and steady is nice, but 4 pounds a month can drive you crazy too! :D

Is anyone else having trouble with their insurance about their fills???? Just wondered.

Take Care Debbie

Debbie it is so good to see you doing so well. I have to be honest and say that I haven't had a bit of trouble getting my fills paid for. I have had 3 since surgery, and they have paid them all within a week of them filing. I am sorry that your insurance company is giving you such trouble. I hope that they won't give you problems in the future.

Your weight loss is awesome!

That exersise video sounds like you work up a sweat.. Good for you! Any movement is GOOD!! Two miles twice a week is a great start, I still have not worked up to that yet. I to have not had any issues with my fills, however 6 months post op fills are covered by my doctor even if I have 2 or 20 fills. I finally broke my pleateau I have been at for about 3 weeks. YEA!!!!!!!!!! We are going to be so healthy for the summer time! Keep up the good work girls and thanks so much for the support!

:grouphug:

So I guess it is time to give up on the idea of having one main September thread?

I think we definitely need one thread to keep this going. My vote is to call ourselves the September Samurai's.

We could do this: September Samurai's January 2009,

September Samurai's February 2009, September Samurai's March 2009.

Instead of looking all over we just go to one area. Then if someone is struggling, or has a question if we are only checking one area we can help in a quick fashion.

My original group are the Marchies 2007. They have mostly met their goals and are going into the next several months needing each others support at they venture into plastic surgery.

So they are getting active again.