Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandster Check-in

That is awesome! That is exciting! I am ready to go shopping just to see what I am wearing. My underwear is starting to get too big.

Well, I had my 3rd fill today ... quite educational. I had only lost 3 pounds in six weeks, but the doctor said because I had been working with a trainer, I probably put on muscle in addition to losing fat because I had been shrinking.

Doctors say the nicest things.

I'm up to 7 cc's now and I had mashed potatoes for lunch. Yum.

WTG. You samauri are doing awesome!

Teri

Hi Everybody,

I had my surgery on 9/25/08. Prior to surgery I lost 12 pounds. After the surgery and two fills I have lost an additional 18 pounds. I wish the weight loss was faster. I think it is time to get another fill because I feel very little restriction. One thing is for sure, without the anticipation of the surgery and the surgery itself I would not have lost this weight. Keep up the good work you guys!

Hi Everybody,

I had my surgery on 9/25/08. Prior to surgery I lost 12 pounds. After the surgery and two fills I have lost an additional 18 pounds. I wish the weight loss was faster. I think it is time to get another fill because I feel very little restriction. One thing is for sure, without the anticipation of the surgery and the surgery itself I would not have lost this weight. Keep up the good work you guys!

Hi Susie! We are surgery sisters! I had my surgery 09/25/08. We just have to keep in mind that this is a marathon. We are in it for the long haul. Your weight loss is awesome! Don't diminish what you have done. Keep up the good work yourself!:thumbup:

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I too had my banding in September, I had to cancel my second fill appointment in December so didn't have my second fill until after the new year. so December with the holidays and all I didn't do as well with the weight loss. I was getting a little frustrated with how slow my loss was, but think i've pin pointed it to too many carbs in some of the lean cuisine meals that I have been living on... i've cut back on that and really trying to focus on more Protein. but it's hard to get the protein in. but each day brings new challenges and i'm starting to see results. right now it's trying on clothes. i finally had to break down and buy a few and dig in my closet, the baggy look was starting to get sloppy. this is the first time i'm looking forward to shopping for a summer wardrobe, I can't wait to see how much I lose by then.

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I too had my banding in September, I had to cancel my second fill appointment in December so didn't have my second fill until after the new year. so December with the holidays and all I didn't do as well with the weight loss. I was getting a little frustrated with how slow my loss was, but think i've pin pointed it to too many carbs in some of the lean cuisine meals that I have been living on... i've cut back on that and really trying to focus on more Protein. but it's hard to get the Protein in. but each day brings new challenges and i'm starting to see results. right now it's trying on clothes. i finally had to break down and buy a few and dig in my closet, the baggy look was starting to get sloppy. this is the first time i'm looking forward to shopping for a summer wardrobe, I can't wait to see how much I lose by then.

First, welcome to the September thread. It is really nice to be able to talk to people who are in the same stages. I understand your excitement about shopping. I went shopping today for the first time. I bought size 16 pants! I haven't owned a size 16 in 10 years (at least). I was so shocked! It is wonderful when we start to see results. We can do this!:thumbup:

Hey - I bought a bra today. I have gone down from a 48 to a 38. My bra size has not been in the 30s since I was in my twenties. I spent a lot of money but I got me a good one (my gift to me for hitting one of my goals). I went to one of those specialty stores where they fit you. The girls now are up where they belong. I cannot believe how wonderful it feels and looks. Also makes you waist look smaller when you don't have boobs hanging low over your tummy. I felt so fantastic I told her I would wear it out.

Oh and did I mention I flashed my new bra to some grey haired ladies, they wanted to see it. They tried on a bra just like mine. Never in my life would I have done that, It was one of those moment, you had to be there things. Anyway it was all women and you know what, I would do it again.

I hope no men read these, but I wanted to tell you guys, I have worked so hard and this was something just for me. I hope you understand. I don't mean to be a pervert or anything,

Anyway, thanks for always being there. Debbie

Debbie, you have reason to be excited. I never thought pervert at all. I am so very happy for you. This is so exciting. Each new phase is special. Enjoy this time. You deserve it!

I just got a call from my son, he and his girlfriend just got engaged...I imagine it will be 6mos to a year by the time they have the wedding and I can't stop wondering how much I will have lost by then. I hate being selfish like this but when my daughter got married about 5 years ago I could have died when I saw how big I was in her wedding pictures. Yes, I'm excited for my son but I'm sure you all understand.... I won't be the frumpy mom of the groom!!!!

I just got a call from my son, he and his girlfriend just got engaged...I imagine it will be 6mos to a year by the time they have the wedding and I can't stop wondering how much I will have lost by then. I hate being selfish like this but when my daughter got married about 5 years ago I could have died when I saw how big I was in her wedding pictures. Yes, I'm excited for my son but I'm sure you all understand.... I won't be the frumpy mom of the groom!!!!

I completely understand. If you think about it, part of the reason we all got to be the way we were was not being selfish and taking care of ourselves. You deserve to be a little selfish right now. I don't think there is anything wrong with your excitement about your weightloss. Keep up the good work and you will look awesome in those wedding photos!:rolleyes:

Angie, you have so much to look forward to, and one will not be the fear. We all understand, we have all been there. I was ashamed when my daughter got married and I tried on "mother of the bride" clothes.

You will be radiant, glowing, and beautiful!

Congradulations

Debbie

congratulations to you debbie for breaking the 200# marker, I am looking forward to being below 200. that has always been the hardest for me, i would come close but not below,... but this time I WILL, I'm right behind ya!