Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

four days and counting! Isn't it amazing how people's minds can play tricks on them? I told people at work that I'm having hernia surgery. I have continued to do everything inmy job that I normally do, except lift things--don't want to give myself away. So this morning, I brought in black garbage bag full of gently ued clothes that my children no longer need because we always need clothes for kids at my school. I asked the secretary to help me carry the bag in from the car. Peole keep coming up tome and saying I don't look well--sure hope the surgery makes me feel better. WTF? I look the same as I always did!

On another note: I ordered one each of every flavor of the Protein drink "Unjury" per my nutritionist'ds directions. I had the strawberry sorbet one--tastes good, smells a little yucky: great for pre and post op diets--all phases. You can only buy it from the unjury website and mine arrive today.

Hey Everyone! Excited just doesn't sum it up! I am feeling much better and my preop diet is going great. A couple of the guys that work for my husband and I decided to join my "bandwagon" and have set out plans to get healthy. They told me that they wanted me to know how much they support me. What a blessing:wub: I found myself really questioning this decison in the last few days and they were just what I needed to re-affirm that this was the best choice for me.

I am going to finish up some family shopping tomorrow and start packing!!! I am leaving for Denver Monday morning, Surgery at 11:00 (mountain time) Tuesday, and if all go well, home to Whitewater on Wednesday!!! After tomorrow I won't have computer access, so I want to tell all of you goodluck. You are all in my heart and prayers, and I will chat with you all next week!!

Hello everyone, I am new to this site.... just signed up today! I am going in for surgery at 6:30 a.m. on the 13th of Jan. with Dr. Greene in Rockville, Md. I must say the all liquid diet is VERY hard. I started on all liquids on Jan.2nd and have already cheated 3 times.... I am trying my best to get through this and could use some advice. I am taking the prev pack of medication from my positive h-pylori during the upper g-i and find myself throwing up alot. I have to take a total of 14 pills twice a day and sometimes find myself vomiting. Is anyone else having the same problems, and if so what have you tried?? AHHH I hope my liver is small I am down 12lbs since I started keep your fingers crossed for me

mes1012 and Baylee, welcome! Amy--good luck to you, too. We are all going to do just fine! I tried out the chocolate flavor Unjury for my lunch today--very yummy. I blended it with a banana and skim milk. Baylee, it sounds like you're having a rough time on your pre-op diet. Iam sorry, but can't advise as I am not on one. I have to be on flueids beginning tomorrow, but that's all. Hang in thre--only 3 more days!

I saw the Gas-x strip suggestion, is this in place of Tums, or will it help disperse the gas that they put in the abdomen (that I understand causes shoulder pain?)? I have frozen shoulder pain already, so anything that will help disperse it quickly will be appreciated.

Also, has anyone found liquid Claritin (or generic)?

Hi Mes1012, I'm in Ithaca, NY with Dr. Mecenas, but my partner grew up in Port Jervis - Sparrowbush (small world). I'm being banded 1/20, and am doing ok on the liquid diet, though took 2 days off work to get adjusted (it was too hard day 1 with all the left over holiday food, etc. around the office).

Good luck everyone! Nancy

I have another question :cool: Do you have to have only

Clear Liquids the day before surgery... I have been in support groups etc. for over 6 months and now I have a few days left of all liquids and now I am trying to remember if the last day (Mon.) is clear liquids and if so I guess that means no Protein Shakes etc. HELP

My doc only has nothing the day of surgery, and the same pre-op diet the day before, but my nutritionist suggested stopping solids a day or 2 before, though not stop the Protein Shakes, just the veggies.

For Baylee,

I think every doctor is different There are people that are on 14 day pre-op and some 21 days, then you have some thathave no diet to follow. Your best bet is to listen to what you Dr wants you to do.

Mine has me on clear liquids Like sugar free Jello, broth of any kind, any diet drink like crystal light ect and sugar free Jello pops. Any way, My Dr. told me nothing after midnight on Monday and it was said like this, anything that touches my lips does not belong in my mouth.

THANKS so much for the help! I am on the 14 day liquid diet.. although I have cheated a few times as you see from

my previous post. I was just unclear as to what CLEAR liquids meant. I will continue with the yummy shakes and Jello. I REALLY hope that I am sore and not wanting to eat after surgery I know that sounds horrible but I am so afraid that I will not be able to make it another two weeks feeling SOOO hungry :thumbup: Maybe with a lot of sleep and a little pain I will wake up in 2 weeks and feel great (hehe) I wish everyone the best of luck on Tues.,lots of little livers and a new lease on life.

Hi Baylee, my doctor only requires a 2 day, liquids only diet. This can be any liquids, clear or full. Clear liquids are anything you can see through, but includes Jello as well as broth, etc. Full liquids would be your creamy Soups, milk, shakes, etc. If you're not sure, your best bet is to call your doctor and ask them what you need to do. If your doctor is unavailable because it's a weekend, then take a look at what some other posters on this forum say--good luck :thumbup:

As for the question regarding liquid Claritin--it is sold everywhere, but that is an allergy medication. are you sure you don't mean liquid Tylenol? If so, I found it at Longs Drugs--don't know if you have a Longs where you live, but I would imagine it can be found at any drug store. It comes in a bottle that reminds me of Nyquil cold medicine.

Regarding the question about Gas-x strips. This is for the post-op gas. The strips melt in your mouth; hence, no pills to chew or swallow. Good luk shopping :thumbup:

Thanks Adamsmom, yes, I didn't find the liquid Claritin at Walmart or the super grocery stores with pharmacies, I'll try the drug store tomorrow. I have a CPap (so don't want to get congested), and allergies, so need to do this as well as the liq tylenol, etc. Thanks for the info re-Gas X, I'll look for the strips too.

This is my first post on here. I have been reading this site for several months while going through the thoughts of getting 'banded' (new term for me).

After much discussion happily my husband and I are both getting banded Tues 1-13. I am totally excited and he is totally scared. LOL

We have been through all of our pretests (last Thursday) and are now just waiting for the BIG day.

I am a bit nervous but much more excited. I know that this is only a tool to help me lose weight, but what a GREAT tool.

I have lost over 100 pounds three times in my adult life but cannot keep it off. I am using Lap Band to help me keep it off this time!

Good luck everyone and hope to hear about yalls journey as we go.

:tongue2: Made it through the WHOLE day of liquids only and I feel

fine.. I do not know if it is becasue I am now getting so excited but over the last 2 weeks of this today was the best! Hope everyone else is doing great