Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

ADAMSMOM, glad to hear from you and that all went well! I did not have to drink anything but 2 little cups of Protein shake to get my meds no baruim yuk either! I am with you on the cold drinks etc. they feel bad going down... even the popsicle I tried to eat last night and that WAS my favorite meal (hehe)

In regards to the young man, I think Adam?? On pain meds what can I say :rolleyes: WOW I had pain in my shoulder that was keeping me up... could not figure out what that was and my nurse called to check on me she said it was gas?? In my shoulder I thought, well I took a Gas X strip tasted o.k. to I was nervous it would make me sick... well I feel 100% better now!!

Is anyone else having trouble taking small sips?? I keep gulping because my mouth is SOOO dry.. that is why I probably have so much gas pain. BUT thank the lord, I have not had any action down there either I can barely take going potty my abs hurt so bad :tt2: see that, I said abs like I have beed at the gym to long (hehe)

Hi Baylee9866 - luckily I never experienced the shoulder pain. The nurse warned be about it before surgery, said it would be a build up from gas and to walk walk walk to help is go away. Hope you are feeling better!

Hello Everyone,

THings went well for me, I had to stay overnight in the hospital. My Dr recomends this with all of his patients. I do have lots of Gas pain and it shoots into my left shoulder, I did get some Morehphen, did not like the way it made me feel so the next time I only asked for half. My pain meds for home is tylenol with codine. I also had to take a swallow test this morning before I left the hospital. Then that is when I was aloud fluids again. I have been walking as much as possible to get the air out and this to me is the most uncomfortable feeling. Everything else is great. I was gonna go back to work tomorrow but I will wait it out one more day for rest. Glad to see everyone elses is good to.

Hi everyone, the gas is definitely the worst for me! I am taking gas-x--have ben since i got home last night. it helps a little, but not as much as i would like--no shoulder pain, though. I tried some "better than boullion" it tastes great, but after a couple of ounces, I got bad pains again and that was a hot drink. Right now, I'm afraid that I will dehydrate if I cannot drink enough. The PA at my doctor's office called and said I can begin on full liquids tomorrow and if that goes well for 2 days, then pureed foods--anything a baby could eat. I do feel very hungry, but the thought of eating food scares me. I have to keep telling myself that i will feel better each day.

Hi everyone! Boy, I'm glad to have that ordeal done. I did the barium swallow before my surgery, and I'm glad they didn't make me do it after-it about made me sick before! They did do a chest x-ray to make sure the band was in place.

You guys are fortunate to have been offered some good pain med afterwards. My doc sent me home with OTC Aleve. That doesn't really help the pain all that much, I don't think. I've been taking the gas-X strips 2 at a time every 4 hrs. It must really be helping. I haven't had really awful gas pain. I did after I got out of surgery and was waiting for my chest x-ray. As soon as I got to my room I had my husband get me 2 strips out of my bag, and it started helping immediately.

I'm not allowed any Protein shakes until tomorrow. I've been on all clear liquids-pretty much broth, juice, and hot tea, and popsicles. I'll be glad when tomorrow gets here, and I can have something a little more substantial.

My doc also found a hiatal hernia in the pre-ops so he fixed that too. I guess that's a good thing, but I'm sure it does cause more pain. I am really sore. Being in a sitting position is the only thing that doesn't hurt really bad. Hopefully in a few days, it'll be much better.:sneaky:

Hey Everyone! So glad to heat you are all doing well. My surgery went well although it was delayed for almost two hours. They actually had me in the OR and had to pull me back out. A patient before me had complications. The drive home today was long. Really hard to get comfortable in the car. We had to stop every half hour for me to walk to avoid bloodclots.

My Dr. wont let me have anything warm for 4 days. He said this will help the internal swelling. I know that even when I sip Water it feels like a ball going down. He said some people are more prone to this swelling

I am so glad it is over and I am actually suprised with how good I do feel. Sore yes but I am not miserable.

WE DID IT!!!:sneaky:

Hi, I'm Jill. I was banded on the 13th too. I had a hernia repair at the same time and was told that may make things a bit more sore. My doctor told me before the surgery that hernias must be repaired to keep the lapband from slipping. I was feeling no pain yesterday but then the meds wore off by nightfall, and I was pretty sore.

Every time I drink, I get a burning feeling that spreads then disappears within seconds. Sometimes I get a lump in my throat. It feels like bad acid reflux but my nurse said it was probably just restriction from the swelling.

Does anyone else have that feeling? Hope everyone is still feeling good.

I have a hernia myself but Dr Garcia said it was not that bad so he did not have to fix it. I will be on a liquid diet for another 2 weeks till my follow up visit with dr Garcia. That is when he will take me to the next phase of eating, which will be the consistency of baby food.< /p>

I also had hernia repair. I have not had any acid reflux yet with this but I have pain on my left side under the rib cage. Does anybody else have that??

I have pain on my right side under my rib cage.. I cant even lay on that side it is much more noticeable than any other part of my body pain wise. I was trying to figure out why. Mu husband said maybe that is where they put the camera in at :thumbup:

baylee9866 do u know where they put ur port in? mine is in the middle and my left side is the one that hurts above anything else. WEIRD im calling the doctors office today to schedule the followup and I will ask them then I'll let u know what they say!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all healing well. I had terrible gas pain last night-couldn't get comfortable for ANYTHING! I can only sleep sitting up since the surgery, but even leaning back a little against pillows was causing the gas pain to get worse, so I had to put a pillow in front of me and elan forward on it. The pain kept getting worse. At 1:30 am, I started coughing and couldn't stop. I coughed up... (don't read on if you're squeamish)...a hard lump of blood-stained mucus about the consistency of bubble gum and about 1 cm in diameter. From that moment, the pain went away. I have continued to cough mucus today, but I have felt much better. Have any of you experienced this? I think it's residual gunk from the interbation tube that irritated my throat during surgery. The inside of my mouth was grazed as well, so the anaesthesiologist was probably a bit rough. I know I was fighting to breathe and started wrestling to get up as he put me under--who knows?

Anyway, today, I have managed 12 ounces off chocolate Protein Shake, as well as some Water, my Vitamins, and medications. The hunger pangs are still fierce. I have not taken loratab since the night of the surgery and I have not taken tylenol since last night. I had a nice shower and washed my hair this morning, and I'm dressed in some comfy sweats. Now, I have cabin fever and want to go out.

I had a rough nights sleep myself. I also did cough up some stuff but that was yesterday but i am good now. i am feeling much better and was able to take a shower and ware comfy clothing as well. I have not taken any Protein Shakes i have to go get some tomorrow and no Vitamins. I would be taking some now but I sent my fiance to the store with a list and he did not even get what I asked for I wanted chewable vitamins and he got me the regular. So now i have to get them myself tomorrow. I have been drinking soy milk and Water also propel and eating sugar free Jello. I really need to get some fruit juice and Soups that are not creamy or have any kind of veggie or meats in them something like Tomato Soup would be good.

I bow to you ladies now! (adamsmom and cherbear) I have had a lump in my throat since yesterday... I am so afraid to cough I will not even hardly talk because I figured it will stay there until I have no other choice (hehe). The gas has been the worst for me that and the pain under my right rib cage. I am still taking 1 pain pill every 4 hours figured I may as well use them and they help me sleep through the gas pain. I will say with all the negatives... It is taking me 5 minutes to potty, I really have to think about it?? Not sure if that is normal, the lump in my throat, gas and the list goes on I STEPPED on the scale today and it was under 220 YIPPEEE I can say it is all worth it !! ;) You ladies truly inspire me and I am thankful to have found this site with such great people who do not mind sharing there concerns, it has really helped me not to freak out. :(

Andylou, I am not sure were the port went in... I have 5 incisions. I am sure the Dr. told me and my husband but I was out of it. I still cant bring myself to look at the pic of the inside of my stomache with the lap band attached GROSS! It must be something that has to be run down the side as I have been reading my books and it seems everyone has a post that either there left or right side hurts worse?? If you firgure it out let me know I am very curious. I just keep thinking that I am going to wake up and all of this pain will be gone on day 3 right:thumbup: Sounds good anyway.