Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2009 Bansters?

Hi- This is my first time on this site. I have a surgery date of Feb. 6th with Dr. Fielding @ NYU. I am excited but nervous at the same time. Is anyone else scared about all the side effects they are reading about? I know the benefits outweigh the side effects, I am just nervous, never had surgery before.....:thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

I'm being banded on Feb. 11th at Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville, NC by Dr. Pender. I live close to Greenville. Anyone in North Carolina? Maybe close to Greenville? I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I wish each and every one of you lots of luck with your bands and will keep you all in my prayers!!

sherry don't worry to much over the side effects, some people come out feeling fine others feel horrible, I hope I'm one of those feeling fine! I had my consultation with my dr. on thurs. he really pit my mind at ease, I have a consultation on wed. with the nutritionist, I just have to go on a low carb, high Protein starting on the 21st,and then surgery on the 4th on Feb. The only thing bothering me is we are driving from MN to CO about a 12-14 hour drive, cause my hubby doesn't like to fly, and all I can think about is the uncomfortable drive home, told him we would be stopping quite often so I can get out and walk around a little, yea he had a smart remark for that, but I am so excited about this and so ready to do something that will help keep the weight off when I lose it. good luck to everyone!!:tongue2:

I just found out today that they had to change my date to the 10th. Getting excited. Pre-op testing in Wed. getting nervous.

I'm being banded on February 4th!

Can't wait. I was nervous too, but in the Post Op section of the forums they have a large post where people post about their surgery day experiences, i find when I get nervous, reading those experiences calm me down a lot!

Hi there!

I am getting banded on Feb 11, 2009. I'm on day 3 of my liquid diet (and it is much harder than i thought). I will be having my surgery at USCD with dr. horgan (hi DoxieMom-I will let you know how it goes).

I have my manometry test next week and the week after i have my EKG, labs, etc...I can't believe it's almost here. I feel like something will happen that won't allow it (bad tests, insurance problems..), but i will try to keep positive. Glad to know there is another UCSDer on here that will be doing this.

Hi, Got my date - Feb 10th. Anxious but ready. Hope all goes well for us. Let's keep in touch with our progress.:scared2:

Hello all, My banding date is Feb. 3rd in Round Rock, TX. I too am on a low carb/high Protein diet. I cannot wait. My life is going to change so much after this is done. The only thing I can't get in my head is the exercise. I know I have to do it but it is hard. I guess I have to dust off the old treadmill.

Thanks,

:scared2:

Hey Edwina.. I'm also being banded on the 3rd in Corpus Christi. I was wondering what all you are eating on your low carb diet... I'm also on the same thing but all I can think of is chicken... and eggs..

Good luck... Tam

Hi everyone!!!

I go in for pre op on the 28th and surgery dates are feb 13th or 20th .i'm so excited ,my 6 months of fighting insurence is over.Maybe i'll be one hot mamma before im 30!!!!! Dr.monash Tucson arizona.

My surgery date is February 5th! It sounds like there's quite a few people on that date! I'm so excited, but also very nervous, as I've never had surgery before. Good luck to everyone!!! :w00t: