Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Art work and their artists

Wow EmileeKaye.....

Can we say.. "National Geographic" photographer? lol! Nice stuff there.

Wow. I'm really impressed with the work here. It's amazing the creative spark in people and how it comes out, etc.

How can I attache a image to this post? I don't have URLs

Great work, everyone.

I have no talent for painting/drawing/etc. but my artwork comes in the form of singing. I've been singing from a very young age. In high school, I was a member of an exclusive 16 member jazz/classical choir. As a senior, I was selected to be part of a 365 member choir - known as All Northwest Choir - from audition tapes (all a cappella) received from students from 6 states. We all met in a central location, practiced together for 2 days, then performed for a huge crowd. That year, the location was Boise, ID and we performed at Boise State Pavillion. It was an awesome experience, and one that I'll never forget.

These days, I just have fun with it and go to karaoke! LOL!! I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I do think I am a relatively good singer. I've had many people tell me that I should make a living out of it or audition for American Idol. I'm too old to audition for American Idol and have no desire to audition for Nashville Star. That show bugs the heck out of me!! Oddly enough, on Friday night, a woman asked me to sing a song for her husband's birthday, then while I was saying goodbye to my friends, she approched me and handed me $20. I tried to refuse it, because I get pleasure out of just singing, but she wouldn't relent. So, there's a first time for everything....I should have framed it!! Hee hee.

I'm also in to photography but I also draw and Paint. I'll take some pictures of my paintings later but here's a couple of my pic's that I have on this computer.

By the way.. you guys are all amazing! I'm proud to belong to such a widely talented group of people. Could the talented moderator shrink down my rose picture please? Thanks!!!

post-204351-13813133517239_thumb.jpg

post-204020-13813133517444_thumb.jpg

post-204020-13813133517765_thumb.jpg

post-205630-13813133518071_thumb.png

post-206220-1381313330339_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813133306755_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813133307109_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813133307434_thumb.jpg

Hi Tricia!

I was in all Northwest too! 1978ish... I believe... :)

Very cool, donali!! I was there in 1989. :success1:

Heya!

I make costumes and cloaks my site is Trufolk.com

I've been redoing everything so it's under construction still :)

Here is a belly dance belt I made, I'm doing a Goddess line this one is for "Freya" This was my first hand embroidery ever!

I'm working on a Kali" belt now.

heres a pic

catbelt4.jpg

Catbelt2-600x332.jpg

This costume I sold it was too big for me now but you get the idea.

MVC-CanCan2.JPG

and this is one of the color cloaks I make :success1:

021silverpanne-600x450.jpg

there alot more I need to take photos of and put on my site maybe I'll do that this week.

I love old costumes, and I love the victorian stuff most ( ergo my name). You are an artist. do you make your own patterns? How fun. I have always wanted a nice winter coat that looked Victorian. I always believed that they were heavy enough to withstand wind and rainstorms, you know not flying up over your head.

oh my gosh, DonnaB...that is amazing. I've very much into that myself. (not the making, but the wearing) Your stuff is really good.

I'm just amazed at Josie and Plunderbunny's talent too.

Here is some of my artwork. I paint in oils and make prints and jewelry out of it too. I'm also doing a portrait for Jimmy Page. It's not finished though.

(Gah..still trying to get the images smaller. ...)

Ooh, Donna, good question about the learning! And I love your costumes, those are awesome! All the stuff posted on here has been so great.

I'm pretty much self taught. When I was a freshman in highschool I stumbled across Anime on the Sci-Fi channel, and just kind of ran with it. I started by tracing, since I couldn't copy very well, but then moved to copying, and then eventually my own stuff from my head.

Then I started trying to colorize stuff on MSpaint (of all things), and then found Photoshop, where I do almost all of my artwork now (and seem to have lost most of the ability to draw in a paper sketchbook, lol).

I don't think a class would hurt me though, I've been thinking about taking a few classes. I also do graphic design for the consulting agency I work for that my mom owns. That started as me doing a few banners on an emergency basis because our client didn't have anyone to do them, and now I do them all, hehe.

:)

Hi Donna B, Seattle is a windy city, but I usually have flimsy raincoats on and they do flap up but not over my head lolll I just go a visual. anyway, I do love art and I express myself in painting, bead work, floral arranging, and lots of crafts. I am taking up Mosaic this summer. I have had the pleasure of upholstery, lamp making and lampshade making. I acquired a lot of bohemian crystal lamp parts that are red, green, and blue crystal that has cut patterns in them so of course it takes a lot of searching to find antique parts to assemble just one lamp, I think half the fun is in the hunt. As far as the painting is concerned, I did seven veggietails murals for my church nursery, then after a few years they had to expand and tear down those walls, so now all I have are photo's of those, and I did a 180ft wide canvas background for our stage that is the land of Palestine, I think it was 30 feet hi and i scared the bejeebies out of our pastor when i was hanging off of the scaffolding. Haa that was great. I mean it was a lot of fun contorting through those scaffolds. That is still around and comes out occasionally, most of our sets are contemporary now though.

I love gardening, but I have a harder time with that than I wish as my knees are in rebellion. I just love flowers. I also get a charge out of creating huge vegetable platters for parties. I get all kinds of ideas just looking at all the wonderful colors in veggies. Such eye candy. I have had a great time looking at everyone's work, its all really terrific, I believe that everyone has a few talents that are undiscovered, and we should try them all through our lives. I know that i am not a musician, although I love music, My eyes aren't good at reading music, they just don't seem to connect with it.

As far as how did I learn what I do, I just play at most of it and I did have art in Hi school, and from there it took on a life of its own. The flowers developed when I helped someone out with their own floral work. I also learned about merchandising with my career in retail. so i guess I could say it is a combination of life experiences.

I would just encourage everyone to give it a try and have fun. If it becomes work or stressful, then give it up and try something else, there are a billion things to explore. its good for the brain!!!!