Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Art work and their artists

Here's Dee's request. I'll finish Lisa's when she tells me what kind of outfit she wants (although I'm getting ready to redo the hair, because I found a better way that I liked to do it, if anyone cares, lol).

dee1.gif

I still have the layered file, so if you want any of the colors different or anything like that, let me know.

I love it!!!!!! Thank you I am gonna print it and put it in a frame . I can look like that(yeah right) Lol.My hair is like that all the time now. Thanks again!! God sure didn't waste talent with you. U rock!!!

how can you steal the artwork thread if you are posting artwork????

My DH bought me "Drawing the Head and Figure" by Jack Hamm before he went home. So far, my stuff looks like crap, but I'm trying to put in an hour a day. Somedays I make it, some I don't. ... but if I'm drawing, I'm not eating.

I find the same is true for me, with the drawing=not eating.

I'll tell you honestly, I started by tracing. It helped me get a 'feel' for it more than trying to copy at first. :)

I always felt like tracing was cheating until recently. The books I've been usingto learn to draw actually encourage tracing if it makes the student feel better and more confident. The Jack Hamm book is much more advanced than what I feel my skill level is, so I've been mostly tracing. So I'll trace a head a dozen times and then start drawing it on my own. still looks terrible, but that's the way things are in the beginning. :)

She can if she does this...

I have gi-normous windows, and my curtians are those heavy blackout curtians. No light can penitrate them. But to wake up in the morning, I need natural light to help. If it's pitch dark, I'll convince myself it's still sleepy time, even if it was noon...

So, my solution is the first pix.

Acrylic on window glass. In the morning the light makes it looks like a giant stained glass window. At night, people walking by my window think I've had a big stained glass windows installed. (to give you an idea of the size, it's it about 4' X 3')

of course, it does tend to obscure the view... the second one is the view being obscured...

post-204261-13813132188894_thumb.jpg

Seems like a good view to obscure, lol. That's really neat! I probably would not have thought of that, lol.

Those flowers are great!

Guest Barb B

Wow DeLarla, I wish I had known you when I was on chemo. Those welding hats are fantastic. Coulda covered my bald head, but now I got hair about 2 inches long if I pull it out straight, dang stuff curls so bad I feel like Ronald Mc Donald, Glad it' not the same color as his tho.

There ya go.

Could a moderator please do the side by side thing for me? Please?

Okay here is some of my newest pices of ceramics, The purple one is a candle holder, and the rest are pretty much easy to guess what they are for LOL

I just love doing this

post-204265-13813132201208_thumb.jpg

Thats what I do when my brain hurts from studying to long... hehe Its very relaxing and just takes my mind to another place....

Miss you too :D