Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

All by myself.....don't wanna be............all by myself.............on LBT. This the first time it is only me........all alone online...............where are the troups!! I feel like I am in the trenches alone.............****sigh****

Thanks Ali

all went well at the psych appointment. I am on to the next step. I also have reached by pre-op goal weight !!

Ashley, glad to hear everything went well. Hope you are home soon!!

Sherri

Guest sodapop

ASH UPDATE!!!!!

omg okay I have been talking to her hubby all day and OMG!!!!! I almost peed my pants. She got out around 11-12 and she was wayyyyy loopy of course. She had a hernia which they repaired. Those are painful I have had two! So hence, she was in a lot of pain. They were givin her some good drugs though. lmao!! Her hubby sent me pics but they are way to mean to share. But I am saving them! ha ha. I told her hubby I would use it as amo...JUST KIDDING!! Okay so the best part!? When she was in recovery her husband said she was talking about UNICORNS and MIDGETS!!!!! lmao!!!!!! I almost peed my pants! I thought he was joking but nope-Midgets and unicorns are ASH'S "happy place!!"

They where gonna have her walking by 7 or 8 and her hubby went and even got her flowers...GOOD HUBBY!

YAYYYYY ASH!!!!!!!!

MIDGETS AND UNICORNS....I LOVE IT! THAT IS THE BEST!!!

she is so gonna kill me for this...ha ha ha-but I DID promise an update! I love her!!!:smile2:

chrissy

Guest sodapop

ohhh AND THANK YOU so much!! I have been really working so hard and got to goal in THREE weeks 20 pounds! I have never ever been so motivated nor had so much will power in my life and I accomplished it so fast and to have her say that it crushed me. But I know I KICKED ASS! And everyone that has been with me out to eat- or knows me knows how dedicated I am!! BUT YOU GUYS ROCK!! Thank you so much for all your support and kind words. Love you all. I couldn't have done it so fast without the support! xoxoxo

I have OFF for the rest of the week with the Surgery thing on Thursday. YAYYYYY! :smile2:

That is so funny Chrissy; glad Ash was able to see things from her "happy place"...lol reminds me of the you tube video of the girl that was having dental work done and the happy juice made her do some hilarious things...if you want to see something funny, look up the you tube video...that girl talked about unicorns too....lol

So far all the foods I have tried have worked with my sleeve, chicken is on the soft food list and shrimp is not really called out but shellfish is and I consider shirmp moist and soft...lol...anyway my trouble seems to come if I drink anything within an hour of eating--my sleeve does not want liquid company when there is food in there. I have only been sick once in the past couple weeks.

Needless to say, getting in the 64 oz of Water has been difficult. I have done it a couple times but only if I am up real late and drink all the way until I go to bed. Now that I am back to work I am not going to stay up late so I have to continue to work on getting in my Water. I have only been getting in about 500-700 calories a day and about 45 protien. With soft foods now hopefully I can bump up the Protein.

Anyone have a good way to cook chicken drummettes without all the sugary sauces?

Water is hard for me to get down too when the band restriction is good. The food sits there for so long and if I drink water at all before it goes down it all comes back up........YUCK!! Even the thought of water and food mixed together......YUCK. I totally agree that the water can be a challenge. Pre op I was drinking 125-150 ounces of water a day easy!! :-)

Ash shouldn't be embarrassed. Just tell her to go back 100 pages or so and see what I did in the post op recovery room..........I was talking crazy to Dr. Baggs when he tried to discharge me and almost did a strip tease for the pre ops people...........not to mention telling them I was so naseous and sick after surgery.......just what they wanted to hear I am sure!! I think the deceptive thing is I was told I looked like I was on the up and up..........didn't look loopy but sure was.

I guess that is what happens when you get transferred to back to the pre op room for an hour before discharge!! LOL. The nurses closed the curtains on me so I could REST!! LOL.

Unicorns and midgets!! LOL. I am so glad someone else acts crazy under the influence as well!!

Hi everyone. I'm not home yet but am able to go online with my mini net book. I'm still verry tired so please excuse my bad spelling lol. I promiss to fill you all in on my Fremont Kaiser Experience when I can keep my eys open longer :smile2: Thank you all so much for you thoughts, well wishes and prayers. Chrissy, Mo and Lee - you girls have all been my rock! Luv you girls- all of you and John too!

Ps- Chrissy LMAO ! Trust me there is more to the story then the midgets and unicorns lol! But please don't post the pics :laugh: Thank you for updatint the group too!

Bout to go nighty night again so I will talk latter :blink:

Hey Ashley

so good to see your doing well..

I just got my labs and EKG done, called richmond and they will call me next week for my case manager appointment..

can't wait !!

Sherri

Hey Sherri Congrats!! you're almost there!! Maybe you'll have Surgery around my time!

Ash - So glad you are well and on the other side!!!!!!! Looking forward to the story!

Chrissy is next!!!

Back home!!! Yippee!!! Well I weighed myself on the Wii today and I've only lost 5.5 pounds this past month. Eating out on this trip really did me in but it’s my fault. Just so hard to eat out in front of people so I ended up eating just a little and snacking later to ensure I didn’t throw up in company. Oh well 40 pounds in three months and I’m still losing so it’s all good! Time to email Doc Who for my three month follow-up and labs.

John - 40 lbs in three months - that is great. At least you didn't gain while you were gone - 5.5 is still good - especially since you were eating out.

Has anyone heard of someone getting a port revision to the the low profile port before at Richmond Kaiser? My port pokes out and is kind of turned sideways which makes it worse. Sometimes I still get port pain depending on which way I bend or turn.

MAMA ASH! So glad to see you posting on here. I can't wait to read all the details.

John, 40 pounds in three months. Hmmmm.... I'll trade you my 30 and take your 40!

Pam, I've never heard of that but I don't pay attention to Banders unless it's on this thread.

hello and nighty, night...All is well....Just tired...

I guess everyone else is too....cuz there is no one here!!!! Where is everyone????

Ash, I can't believe you posted! Your crazy girl...rest yourself and fill us in on the stories when you feel good.

John and Lee....30 and 40 pounds in 3 months? That is freaking awesome. I gonna try and be as good as you guys are!

I am so happy with my sleeve so far; all my chosen foods are doing well with it and no pb'ing makes me happy!

Need some sunshine...my veggies are not going to grow without some sun!

Nice night everyone.

Edited by Ali2010