Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Everybody,

Hope you are all well. I have been away for a while because I am truly struggling I have gained over 28lbs back post-off. I a very frustrated, I know that it is not my band, but my silly head. I have found myself addicted to Cookies and Bagels where prior to surgery non of these items were my favs. As a matter of fact I did not like sweets at all.

So I am desperately calling for help. I found myself in tears and depressed as today was my bandiversary BUT i was not able to Celebrate because I have yet to battle my demons.

Please lend whatever support you can. I truly miss all of you!

Reggie

Morning everyone!

Down to 225.8 today (whoooo hooo!!) another lb! Maybe the pouch test did jump start my loss!

No school today thank god I need the break! LOL. My baby is sick AGAIN, so off to Martinez Kaiser this AM for an appt. I think she has allergies, but I dunno....

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Reggie, so sorry to hear your struggles. Don't stay away when your struggling...come to the board and get some motivation. There are many people here that have been or are in the same situation.

Blessings and positive thoughts going your way!

Sorry to hear you are struggling Reggie - a lot of us are. Is it emotional eating - try talking to someone at Kaiser - it helps me. I was going every two weeks for a few months last year and went for a visit the end of March - helps to talk to someone who is not personally involved in my life.

Also could you maybe not have the Cookies, Bagels etc in the house at all for a while? I have been slowly removing unhealthy Snacks and foods from my house and my kids are okay with it - I told them we all need to eat healthier. They do get soda and other junk occasionally so they don't feel deprived because I can't eat it.

Please keep posting on here so we can help you - you are not in this alone.

Reggie, I'm so glad you came to say what's up for you. Please keep coming back for a few reasons, first we all miss you and second that it can be helpful to share what's going on and realize that you're not the only one. You might read something that clicks for you and helps you move on in your journey. The problem with the surgery is that it works on our insides but not on our heads. I spent over 15 years in OA. There are other groups out there. You might like to check out one. They're anonymous and free. Good luck and please keep coming back.

I saw Dr. Baggs today for my three month follow-up. He was really pleased with my progress and said that at 30 pounds down, I was ahead of the game. I asked him for a goal for my next three months which he refused to say, then later changed his mind. He said he wants me to be "overweight" for my 6 month visit. Owie, that's another 25 pounds in three months. He said that the weather is good and I will want to exercise more than 60 minutes a day. He attributes my success to following the plan and exercising. I told him that I'm adding that occasional Protein Shake to keep my energy up. I didn't want to feel like I was hiding my eating behavior. All my blood work looks great and he said to just keep up my routine.

I thought that I was producing too much stomach acid and that's why I've thrown up and had some problems. He said the Protonix was the best thing for me but he did a liquid med 4x a day to sooth my Sleeve. He thinks it irritated and that's why it's complaining at me. I was glad to hear that it's most likely not actual hunger only a short time after eating.

So now I guess it's up to me to kick butt the next three months! :thumbup:

Lee, that's is so awesome! You are doing wonderful. Keep posting and encouraging everyone, you are full of wisdom.

Reggie – Wishing you the best! We really miss you on here! Thanks for checking in. Keep fighting those demons best you can. Don’t be too hard on yourself!

Lee – Great news! You’re doing awesome! Can’t wait to get home and weigh-in. Will chat with Doc Who next week and do my labs as well.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey Reggie

Join the group!! I gained back 21 pounds with the unfilled band. I just got back on track with a fill and now down 8-10 depending on the time of day. Don't feel bad I am in the same boat and getting back on track. Back on the forum and trying to stay with the whole group support thing........

Reggie you coming to Kaiser tomorrow?? I am trying to make it........we gotta stick together!! Your totally not the only one. I am also back to doing food logs once a week and it is helping.

Don't feel bad just join back in..............I am on a sugar craving mode this week. But I like sweets period. I am trying to NOT do sugar this week cause even a little makes me want more.

TAMRA:

225 is good. So I bet you could be down another five before your next appoinment easy!! :-)

Great weekend to everyone!! Hope it is a good one.

I want to know where Candra is??? Come back, come back your one of the reasons I came back to the forum I miss my twin!!!

Morning all,

up alittle under a lb today (musta been those darn late night studying granola bars LOL).

This morning I had a idea...Jamba juice for Breakfast instead of coffee! So I went thinking this was awesome. I got the "Cold Buster" because with a small cold my daughter has I sooo cant get sick...so as I wait for it, I grab the menu to look at the cals...320 ok fine, but I looked at carbs....83!!!!!!! I couldnt BELIEVE IT!!!! I took my drink and sadly walked out...$5 wasted lol I took 5 sips and gave it to my bf.

LESSON LEARNED!!

Tina ~ My personal goal is 219 by June 8th. That would be 10 lbs down from when they last saw me in March. @ 226 today I think 7 lbs is realistic in 2 weeks!

Happy Saturday everyone!

I just finished my 3.5 mile walk so now I can relax. It's windy and beautiful on the lake today.

I'm gearing up for the 25 pound challenge Dr. Baggs laid down for me. I have until my 6 month checkup around August 20th to shed 25 pounds. I'm going to need more than an hour a day of exercise and perfect eating. ACK! I've always given up before the challenge even started but this time I'm going for it. His goal for me is a 30 BMI which is 174 pounds. I was 198.6 on the Kaiser scale yesterday so I have 25 to get there.

Anyone up for a good summer challenge? Pick your goal and plan how you're going to achieve it.

Anyone want to play?

2010 Summer Challenge

1. My goal is 25 pounds by August 20th

2. Exercise a minimum of 1 hour a day at least 6 days a week to include walking, hiking, biking, swimming, gym and anything fun I can come up with

3. Weigh Daily - except while in France

4. Track on Myfitnesspal.com

Calories - 800

Carbs - under 40

Protein - over 70

Thats a good challenge Lee! I am gonna have to join you if all goes as planned on Tuesday :thumbup: Did you use Gas X Strips after surgery?

Ok 3 more days people!!!!! Start giving me list of what I need to bring, do ect. I took body pictures last night and it totally reminded me of a major reason that I am doing this. I am going to do measurements as well. Then I am going to make a private blog for me to track my goals. Any other ideas?

MAMA ASH:

Wow this is your week. So excited for you. How long do you stay in the hospital? Will be thinking about you this week.

TAMRA:

I want to lose another 7 before the 3rd of June. I want to be down 15. I am still going between 8-10. So another 7 would be great. That is my goal. I have 13 more days until I go back..........So is it the pouch test that is getting you down or protiens? I read up on the pouch test last night and it said it is to break carb addiction and to stop mindless snacking........it is suppose to get you back on track and make you feel your pouch. Not to test if it is broken which is what I thought!! LOL. Suppose to make you stop in your tracks and get serious again..........so I guess there is good and bad. As long as it is not used as a crash diet.........I got to thinking breaking the carb and snacking thing would NOT hurt me. But not to many suggestions for vegetarians. The first three days I would be good........day 4 an 5 are the problems. Anyway there is a book they sell onthe 5 day pouch test!! LOL. Than another one called day 6 and beyond!! LOL.

BELLA:

I want to be part of the challenge. August 31?? 90 days? I need to think what is realistic before I decide my goals. I know what I want to make a goal but I gotta think about what I will do as well. I would love to be at goal of 150 but I need to do the math. I might need to add a couple months on to that goal!! Are we talking weight down specifically or other stuff too?? For sure under 200 but sorta want more than that too...............Bella is 800 enough a day. I thought if you go to far under 1000 you go into starvation mode?? I think I would struggle with 800 everyday!!

Well I am working today. DIdn't make the Kaiser Group. I planned to leave work for a couple hours to head to Kaiser but my supervisor showed up at work to help me out..........so I ended up staying. I am so close to caught up now!!

Riley you doing ok?

Happy weekend all.

Edited by swrktp

Hi Ash,

I bought the GasX strips but really didn't need them. I use a homeopathic product called Carbo Vegetabilis which you pop a few tiny balls (homeopathic) under your tongue and it works great. You can put a few balls into your drinking Water and just sip it. Health food stores should carry them. I also use a homeopathic remedy post-op to promote healing.