Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I used Gas X and a heating pad........Also paced the backyard when it got really bad!! Didn't try the pills Bella is talking about but I would have it I had known. The Gas was a pain.........literally!!

Hi Tina,

I didn't get to choose my goals for the challenge. This is what Dr. Baggs set for me. I like that he pushes me to do more than what I think I can do. As far as your personal challenge, take time to figure out where you would like to see yourself in three months. That said, put some oomph into it, not just drink 64 oz of fluids a day but something that will personally challenge you. I need to add the 64 oz a day to my own challenge. :thumbup: I need my challenge to be menu, miles, 64 oz fluids and daily Vitamins.

Summer is the easiest time because the weather is good and it's easier to be motivated. Come up with what works for you. Set mini goals along the way if that works. I'm going to really think about mine.

I used Gas X and a heating pad........Also paced the backyard when it got really bad!! Didn't try the pills Bella is talking about but I would have it I had known. The Gas was a pain.........literally!!

I used the homeopathic remedy after my gallbladder removal in November, then again in February for VSG and didn't have trouble with gas from either one. That said, I had my VSG during the Olympics and my son proclaimed my ability to pass gas my own private Olympic event!

BELLA:

I see Dr. Baggs on June 3, 2010 but I see him monthly not every three months....I know his goal is 5-10 pounds between fills. SO for three months that is 15-30 pounds. I sorta like the 30 but gonna think about it. I have tell June 1 right?? ;-)

I used to drink 120 ounces of Water when I was losing well and pre op. I survived on water. Right now I am struggling with the 64 so yea I need to do better on that. I can buy into that one easy.

Well I would have to say sweets and low carb is something I need to work on. I need to get creative with vegetarian protiens and not be lazy and revert to carbs.

Dr. Baggs always give the band people a goal walking about the door. But maybe the sleeve is different. Isn't everyone getting a goal out the door with Dr. Baggs?

Tina, I only know what Dr. Baggs gives me so the answer is no, this is the first time he's given me a goal. When I asked him, he said he doesn't go by numbers (protein etc).

It's probably different for Banders because you need the follow-up care for fills. Sleevers just get blood work every three months and I guess a visit with the surgeon every three months. I have a feeling that's until Year 1, then it may change to every 6 months or once a year. I like seeing the doc because he inspires me to really go for it.

I understand the challenge of vegetarianism. I was a vegetarian in my 20's then vegan for 9 years in my 40's, raw vegan for 3 years in my 50's. You can do this! Are you getting in all of your Vitamins? I never took them before surgery until the month pre-op but now I'm all over them to try to stay healthy.

Let me know if you're in and I'll send you a PM. Have you ever been over to Obesity Help forum?

Oh I am in for sure but have to figure out how to set up my PM. I need to update my account setting I will work on that this afternoon.

YOu have Dr. Baggs everyone likes him and likes going in to see him. :-) I love talking to him because he really gets it. I always tell him things are easy when he sets goals (than don't make them) and he wants me to quit saying that!! LOL. He keeps telling me nothing about this is easy don't keep saying that!!

I am registered over at Obesity.com but haven't checked in a year or so. I might need to reactivate my account again. WHat is going on over there??

SO Bella 25 is about 8 pounds a month........Maybe I should do that as well. It is probably more realistic than the 30 I would like!! I can't keep getting discouraged by setting outlandish goals it has been a whole 7 months of that. I need some successes to keep me moving! forward! :-) I think Pam is right small goals ......so if you instead of 25 pounds focus on the 8 X 3 or if you want to break it down more 2 pounds a week.................LOL. Yea Bella I will do the 25 pounds too that seems health and realistic..........and if I end up with more I won't complain! :-) That would still but me firmly under 200!

I am lacto ovo vegetarian. And yep I am on top of the Vitamins. Even when I was gaining weight I stuck with the vitamins.........

Getting ready to watch Invitus and fold laundry.......trying to give myself an incentive to get the housework done!! LOL.

Edited by swrktp

Happy Sunday everyone!

It finally turned into a beautiful day. I took BART over to the Ferry Building in SF to have lunch with my best friend from 3rd to 12th grade. What fun catching up on old times. It felt really great to want to walk around. I had lots of energy and it made me really grateful for my surgery.

I hope you're all out having fun! :thumbup:

Just a quick check in. I'm still here. Doing well. Losing the same poundage.... Working out...Enhoying my birthday week...month....my birthday is Thursday, May 27th.... See ya. Have a good week.

Happy Birthday!! I love taking the Ferry over to the Pier 39 and than walking up to China Town and North Beach.........San Fransico is a blast!! My daughter is going to Costa Rica for a month. She is leaving on June 7 from SF airport. So we are gonna hit the pier during the day and walk around. Her flight doesn't leave until 6pm so we have a bit of time...........

I did two days of the pouch test. THe first day was hard the second day muchbetter. Sorta did wipe out my snacking cause liquids are boring..........I just made the mock tuna salad and egg salad for tomorrow. Lost one pound but I do feel like it has helped with the carbs and snacking........we'll see. It has forced me to plan ahead for foods. Maybe that in itself will make it worth the time. I have the veggie ground beef and chicken stuff for day 4 and 5. LOL. Not convinced yet cause not losing weight but it is forcing routine and structure and planning ahead with menus. I may or may not try it again!! LOL. I put a message in to Robin and will tell her........not sure what she will say but she will see it on my food log anyway. If they don't like it they can just tell me not to do it again.

So my house is clean and I am almost caught up at work. This has gotta be a good week..............and a long weekend next weekend~~

Edited by swrktp

Hello friends!

I'm finally back online, only took me 10 days or so. Still trying to read and catch up. Great to see Christine, Tina, and Jes posting again!

Thanks to Ali, Lee, Pammie, John and Tina. I really need the support and I am working on staying on track. I couldn't make it to Kaiser. However I hope to see you all soon. Tina I got your message, It has been crazy busy but that should not stop us from staying in touch right? :-). Call me. Hope all of your weekend was good!

Mo Happy B-day!!

happy birthday mo!!!

Happy Birthday Mo!

I am waiting for kaiser to open @ 8:30 so I can call them and tell them that I have been stuffy off and on this whole week and if they want to cancel for tomarow or not. I was fine on Saturday, but yesterday was horible. I will let you all know as soon as i find out what the verdict is. :tongue2:

Mo, have a great birthday day, birthday week, and birthday month!

Ash, gosh darn it, I hope you are better. Let us know what they say.

Well, 4 weeks ago today I had sleeve surgery...surgery day I weighted 260 and today.....242.5! 17.5 pds! I am happy with that although it really had slowed down this past week so that was disappointing. Today I should get the Robin call and can advance my food to soft food.

I haven't been good about logging my food so I started yesterday with making more a commitment to logging my food so when I will be prepared for these next stages that allow more variety of food.

Congrats on the loss Ali!

I called and they told me as long as I do not have a fever and am coughing up mucus then I should be ok and to come in as scheduled, 8:30 AM. So I am on Clear Liquids all day to day and supposed to start the Magnessium Citrate at lunch time.