Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!

John you crack me up :tongue2:

Lee, I can't wait to join you on the losers bench, I know there is room since you all are shrinking anyways!

Where is Candra? Miss you girl :)

Riley, so glad you are doing well :smile:

Aaaannnd... DONE. I finally finished reading all the posts I've missed. That's right, I don't half ass it and skip this stuff, I've read every single page of this thread. All 804 pages. That doesn't make me sound too good. I swear, I sometimes have a life too!

Congrats Ash! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Congrats Chrissy and Annalynn two more surgeries scheduled! Woohoo!

I have not been following the 1200 calorie diet, tough to do with the move. I tried the first night we worked on the house and I had chicken and salad for everyone, they looked at me like I was punishing them. So, I fed my crew pizza, chips, Cookies, donuts and everything else high-fat, high calorie, high carb. I didn't do a food log for the past two weeks, and didn't weigh myself until this morning. (The scale was left at the old house for a while) The scale seemed kind to me, I gained a couple of lbs (about 3) but sometimes I just fluctuate like that. I have only been to the gym once all month, but I was getting a ton of steps in. Moving day had my pedometer at 18000+ steps for the day.

I'm hoping to have the house ready to invite everyone over for a walk and lunch sometime in the next month. It'll be a Saturday. I'll let you know!

Thinking of you Ash! Hope all goes well!

BTW, at my pcp appointment last week she went over plastic surgery a little bit and showed me on the computer the criteria for Tummy Tuck. The computer said you had to be under 180 pds, 80% of goal weight, and the excess skin had to be to close to the knees. There was an exception for repeated skin irritations. She was basically telling me that I am not a candidate--one drawback from having the weight all over and just in the gut! My ass carried much of my weight so I guess I should have asked about a butt lift!

I updated my ticker! Yeah! 1/3 of my weight to goal!

Edited by Ali2010

way to go Ali !!!!!

I updated my ticker! Yeah! 1/3 of my weigh to goal!

Back to work today.....and of course my first day back they are having a celebration this afternoon with lots of food! This will be a test of will power!

I am glad I took the four weeks off but it feels good to come to work and have everyone finally notice the weight loss! No one at work knows the surgery so I feel kind of guilty.

off to my psych appointment, wish me luck !!

:biggrin:

Guest sodapop

Hey yall...I have not posted in a while I have been SUPER sick. Lucky me with a stupid sinus infection and bronchitus. It was a rough week!

John-my case manager appointment went okay..umm nothing nice to say. I was even asked why I am loosing so slow?? Umm I am down to 255 and I was at 281.5 so I am not quiet sure what she meant and I was at goal in 3 weeks. I just ignored that statement and was like WTF?? Ohh well!

I am having that thing put in me on THURSDAY. I am really scared as I have said before. I guess they will give me some good drugs though. lol! Then just the waiting game from then on. I realized that that was 4th of July weekend which is AWESOME! I have off that Monday cause the 4th is on Sunday so I will have 4 days off to "prepare myself". YAY!

No word yet from ash's hubby. She promised I would get a text! HA HA. I will update you on that when she does.

Riley-congratulations on those new eyelids. I am gonna need the whole Tummy Tuck thing for sure. Man I already need it now. I am proll going to switch to sutter medical group when I do that because one of my friends did that and they cover it with our insurance. Kaiser told me it has to hang over a foot. EWWWWW! I know kaiser will do my boobies and I will do that if these damn things dont go away-Candra's didn't and I can't live with these F's and all the problems they bring!

WISH ME LUCK ON THURSDAY!!!:biggrin:

HEATHER-When we gonna have the lunch walk???

Chrissy

Good luck on the physc apt "Dis"...it's all good.

Chrissy, sorry you were so sick. Sounds like a sarcastic remark to me because you are right, you are not losing slow! good luck on getting in that "thing"....I am sure you will be fine, fine, fine.

Rain, rain, go away....

Guest sodapop

Thanks Ali! yeah I was wayyyyy mad. whatever. They read this so I am not gonna express what I WANT to say. lol.

GREAT NEWS! ASH IT OUT AND IN RECOVERY! EVERYTHING WENT GREAT! hubby just text me!:biggrin:

CONGRATS TO ASH!

Ditto what Chrissy said! Go Ashley!!!

Congrats Ash!!! I sent you a PM.. so do that when you feel better!

Hey everyone! Here's my quick update.. Yesterday I went in to have my final physical exam with a Dr. (forgot his name) we just had to go over stuff like if I was still on certain meds or not...

Now I have ONE More Mandatory Appointment this Thursday.. its a 4hour long class so I'm taking the entire day off.. is this for the nutritional class? I gotta look at my papers again.

Ok folks i'm down to my last 3 weeks.. PLEASE if you have any great tips Ideas.. or what not.. let me know.. i've read my binder over 50 million times and they just gave me a VSG packet last week which i've read 50 million times.. any other info I might need to know?

also tips on what I should bring to the hospital? I know I'll be in there for at least 2 days ... so yeah.. any and all info helps..

Thanks!!

Yeah Ash!

Annalyn, I don't think I used anything I took...not even my robe! I used the hospital gowns and they gave me booty socks. Wearl comfy cloths there and then you can wear them home too. Your stomach will be very sore so loose fitting pants. I took my ipod but I only used that while waiting in the pre-op room; after that I just kept worrying about it getting stolen so I should have left that at home.

First day of work went good; Robin called me today and advanced my diet! So soft food here I come. At the party today at work they had shrimp and some chicken wings so I actually got to eat something! Yeah. 3 shrimp and 2 drummettes!

ASH!!! You rock girl. I can't wait till you can post that you're home and doing fine. Congratulations and sit right here on the Loser's Bench when you're able to sit up.

Analynn, two hours of Liz and two hours of Robin at the class. Bring all of your Vitamin bottles so that Robin can check them for you to be sure you're on target. Why two days in the hospital? They tell us all that but so far, everyone has gotten out the next day. The worst part of the sleeve is no Water or ice chips until your leak test the second day. My mouth was so dry. They give you these disgusting lemon flavored sponges to wipe your lips. Liz told me not to bring a phone or iPod because if you leave in on a tray or something, they get dumped in the trash. I just brought the clothes I was wearing (no undies) and slide on shoes. It's great to have a pillow to hold up to your abdomen on the ride home in case of bumps. The meds are great, you won't want to do anything except sleep in the hospital. Meds on the hour, BP the next hour, walk every four hours all night and nothing is coordinated so you basically don't sleep. After the leak test they bring you a tray of broth, Jello and water and a 1 ounce cup. They say once you've had 8 ounces, 1 every 15 minutes, you can go home. I got down 5 and proclaimed myself done and said it was 8 because it was 4pm and I wanted out of there. I was home alone that night and had no problems.

Chrissy, so sorry you've been sick. :biggrin: I'm so sorry you were treated so rudely! That really sux. You've done a great job losing your weight so quickly and being so dedicated to the program.

I'm having a blah week. I need some sunshine and swimming!

Good news Ash!

Is shrimp and chicken considered soft foods for the sleeve? If so wow you're lucky cause it wasn't for the band. If I recall soft foods for me was things like scrambled eggs, tuna w/ mayo. Is that the stage after pureed foods? Glad to hear you are feeling good being back at work. I was off for two weeks and found going back to work helped distract me.

Riley - gosh after hearing you talk about a Tummy Tuck I took a look at my tummy and it looks pretty scary - decided I won't be doing that again any time soon. :biggrin:

Pam, shrimp and chicken may be considered soft foods for Sleeve but I threw up constantly when trying to introduce foods. I still have difficulty with both of those items. I'm on regular food now. I had two slices thin ham/ 1/2 a string cheese roll up today and was sick for two hours after lunch. I couldn't finish it. Sleeves can be pretty finicky. Mine definitely hasn't been user friendly lately. Dr. Baggs put me on Carafate last Friday to see if my Sleeve would settle down.

Ali, I'm amazed you could get down that much food. That would be a big challenge for me at this point. Every sleeve is so different. I think it's great that you're doing so well! Keep up the good work. :biggrin: