Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OH! btw . . . I am officially a size 10 now :-) Pretty happy about that!!!

Tina, I know CPS got some money restored, will that get you your old position back?

Riley, Congrats girl!

Tamra, that sucks. Did they just tell you? And today was your last day? Lame. I think with all the extra time you'll be able to drop those 9 lbs in a flash. Just mix it up constantly and work it! It'll be good to stave off boredom too! Good luck!

I'm nearing the end of my paper. I just don't know what my problem is? I'm getting super tired now, and very jealous of all you sleeping right now. I've been up till midnight every night this week (sometimes later). This is the first night home in forever. Okay it just seems that way. I went to my parents for my mom's b-day on Saturday and we stayed until after midnight (plus the 45 min drive home) and I went again on Sunday, stayed till after 10. Then, I went to their house Tuesday after school (they're 5 min from my school) and I met with my mom last night and was till past 10 too. I'm glad I have a 3 day weekend. I need it for sure!

just getting back home...family dinner

b/L= 1/4 chili

D= tasted everything on the table at a chinese restaurant...too much to name, but I still think I had about a cup total (all protein)

Dessert- 1/4 cup of chocolate cake with frosting (I know)

I don't feel bad at all. I think I did ok with dinner but I know the cake did me in. Weird thing is I never felt over full and everything went down just fine.

Good to hear from all the strangers LOL ... John, Tina, Tamra

John I met another lady who had the sleeve w/ Doc Fisher last night at the Richmond group meeting. She's quite happy, she had a few complications that ruled her out of RNY but didn't want the band. Any way I thougt her story was encouraging.

Tina hang in there girl you'll be fine once you fully adjust.

Tamra stay positive, you can drop those 9 in no time.

Donna, take care, value the time you have with your mom. She needs you.

Hi Jes - Wish I could attend the Richmond group but I live too far away and work ten hour days... Would be great to meet more Sleeve folks. R U doing the walk Saturday?

gosh Riley...I'm 2 lbs more than you and I'm nowhere near a 10 :sad: I guess it's my vertical handicap and my stomach; looks like it's going nowhere fast.

Congratulations :thumbup:

Hi Jes - Wish I could attend the Richmond group but I live too far away and work ten hour days... Would be great to meet more Sleeve folks. R U doing the walk Saturday?

No I can't make the walk...I've got one more week before I go back to work and a whole lot of stuff to do.

Seem like the sleeve is still hit and miss at Richmond, sounds like they are only offering it to "special" folks. BUt at least she was a success story.

Yeah I can't believe it either! I thought I would have to be at 160 to hit size 10, but here I am @ 175 and my 12's are too big. Well, big enough that I dry them on "high" and then I'm tugging them up after 30 minutes of wearing them. New work blazer (hand-me-down) is a size 10 too, great fit. Size 10 birthday clothes that I bought myself I am wearing today, although it's become clear that I will NOT make my birthday weight goal (first mini-goal I will have missed!) The only 10's that are NOT fitting are my business suits, the ones with the short skirts? It's the PANNUS! They don't fit because of my extra tummy skin hanging down :-( With jeans and heavier slacks, it gets held in better . . . not so much with the skirts LOL.

Does anyone know about the plastic surgery dept. there in Richmond? Do they do PS after major weight loss? I am going to a free seminar at the PS department here, but there's no after-weight-loss specialty here . . . plus I want this damned pokey-port changed out when I have my pannus removed, it is REALLY protruding - like 2 inches straight out - and I'm starting to knock it on stuff and bruise it! Dr. B likes it but I DON'T

AHHHHH FRIDAY!!!

Good Morning Everyone :smile:

So I did my measurements today and I'M SUPER happy of the results so far ( I'll post it in the measurement thread later)!! :thumbup:

Tamara- Like I said Girl i'm here for you! Holla atcha Girl if you need a workout partna! YOU CAN DEW IT!!:sad:

I have 7 more lbs and I AM DETERMINED:mad2: by next FRIDAY I WILL be at my GOAL weight.

I bought the Atkins Protein Shakes so I'll be doing that... I've been all about Protein PROTEIN PROTEIN.. :wub:

Yesterday I took a workout break and visited my bestfriend and my mom..

When I went to my bestfriends house .. She was just in the middle of cooking FRENCH FRIES.. I WAS SOOO TEMPTED TO JUST LICK ONE:blushing:.. lol.. but I DIDN'T TOUCH ONE.. and I didn't stay long.

Then I passed by my moms.. OH MI GOSH:eek:.. the smell of fresh baked Cookies, and BabingKa(filipino desert cake) .. MY STOMACH was pissed:cursing:.. AGAIN.. I WAS SOOO TEMPTED TO JUS TASTE IT:tongue2:.. but I DIDN'T DO IT.. instead.. I had fish Soup with veggies :frown:...

This is all REALLY hard work, but I know its paying off.. because when I saw my bestfriend and my mom.. they both commented that I look like I've lost weight!:w00t: And that ONLY MADE ME STRONGER:biggrin:

Hope EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFULL FRIDAY.. Just wanted to share my lil adventure.:smile:

Donna we miss you, but do stay where she needs you a while longer . . you need to be there right now . . . all will be well with us! Thanks for checking in sweets :-)

B - pear; soy slender latter

L - Quorn naked cutlet; pomodoro sauce; parmesan

L2 - small garden salad with chick peas; Nugo nutrition bar

D - salad with egg and cottage cheese; bowl of Cereal

I was doing great until that bowl of cereal! I didn't need the Nugo bar, either . . . . . worked 7-4 today, then went for a LONG hike we did 8 miles so I got in 12 miles for the day! I may change my schedule again to work 7-4 regular so I can excercise when I get home - I SO miss my morning walks, but it is pitch black out until 6:30 here now, and I have to be back home getting ready by then!! Boo-hoo poos me . . .

Tina good to finally hear from you! I don't like your new job :-(

Nicole how are you babe?

Pat I will call you Saturday AM! You will find me tho; we all wear name tage and I sit with the loud Kaiser group (!) I will probably be wearing sweats and I look just like my pic :-)

Riley - I'll be there. The Wed night grp at Kaiser really helped with so many positive stories. I need that now since I'm getting lots of questions from friends and a few of the negative stories. You are so awesome with your exercise; i hope you and Jess can keep me motivated to really get my exercise going - I've been doing some but not consistant. Yeah, Riley - I had the same thought - the Big M. I'm almost 3 year through, but it ain't for wimps! I thought my Migraines would go away with it and they haven't - they are better (really kicked my butt when I was at the height of M.) I guess its like everything - one day at a time. It was so good to meet Jess in person on Wed - can't wait to meet you too.

All have a good day.

Riley - that is so great - congratulations. (That's my long term goal - to be a size 10 - haven't been there in so so long.) Really really happy for you!

HEy Heather hang in there...........

CPS did get 900,000 thousand restored. But that only save about 24 positions. We still lost over 100 people and lots of programs shut down. Including mine.....

Overall we lost 14 million to and the 1 million just didn't cover much. We were supposed to get 3 million but last minute I think they had to give it back to another department so the funding fell through.................Everything is very chaotic right now.

Hi all -

I left for Richmond this morning at 6:15 and was back in town at 10 am. I was Dr. Im's first appt at 8:30. I was up 4.5 lbs from when I last saw him on Sept 09. He apparently didn't look at the chart as he asked me if I had gained weight - maybe he was seeing if I would tell the truth? He also asked if I was snacking and I said yes as I don't feel any restriction and I have mentally fallen off track. He didn't scold me - guess he knew I felt bad enough already. He showed me that I had 6 cc in and then he filled me up to 7 cc which is where I was at before I got the fill to 7.5 on Sept 9. So I guess that my band is as full as it is going to get. I left there at 8:45. I stopped at Elk Grove Kaiser on my way home and got a flu shot - three needle pokes in one morning.

I asked the nurse in Richmond if they do fills without the Lidocain shot and she said no. She said when they first started to doing fills there they didn't use the Lidocain, but now it is protocol to use it. Guess they don't want anyone moving when they are doing a fill. I can still guzzle Water which is a good thing.

Here's hoping we all feel some restriction and stay on the path. I am on liquids until tomorrow morning and then softs. Gosh I hope the added 4.5 lbs drop off by the beginning of next week. I was going to stop at Curves after the flu shot but decided working out on no food and a flu shot might not be the wisest - I could either pass out or start gushing blood.

I'll check back in later after school - going to help out in Taran's class and hope her teacher doesn't notice I'm not eating lunch while he does.

alright Ladies.. workday is DONE!! wooo hooo.. I hope everyone has a good Weekend!! STAY STRONG!

Jeez, am I the only one with nothing to do tonight? I definitely need to get out more. I took a little nap in the recliner before dinner and then went and bought some Tomato Soup for myself - ended up having some icecream instead - got rid of my headache though. I had had a Protein Drink mid morning and one mid afternoon - wasn't cutting it. I definitely need to get out more.

Have fun and good luck on the walk tomorrow - the weather is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow.