Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

hi ladies!!!

So I cant really read everything im on a super slow dial up:)

So text me or call my cell if you need me if you dont have the number donna, candra, tina, and a couple others got it:D

I am at my sisters tonight and will probably just stay here for a couple days, tryin to figure out where im stayin fri for the 5k we got on satttturday:D

Tomorrow im going to a couple places lookin for a job and droppin my resume a LOT! I get on calworks/child action and food stamps at the end of the month... :) Hoping to get a place for auds and i though sooner...

I miss you ALL.

Tamra! That is horrible!!!! Call me. When you have kaiser and you loose a job so loose insurance they actually have a plan just for that. For people in the same position. For the first year i paid 50 second 100 third 150 and so on. Your surgery would also be covered with a 0$ copay.

Ok ladies.. i actually am at 172 so the scale is moving... My baby needs me so i better go ttyl

Hugs!

Reggie glad ur back!!!!

See you all saturday

Tina: btw long hours:( im so sorry.. i hope you find somehting else, i saw a lcsw job up here.. in theunion newspaper

Well all looks like my journey may be done

I was notified I will be laid off. I don't know how much cobra insurance is, but with rent and bills I may not be able to do it....

pray that I can afford it....*sigh*

Tamra - I am so, so sorry to hear this!

Do know that the under the economic recovery act, gov't has to pay 65% of the cost of COBRA for the 1st year. Here's an info link Cobra Rules Economic Stimulus 2009 Cobra Economic Recovery

And once you have your band, Kaiser covers your fills, etc. for life - everything but the labs. So pay for COBRA at the reduced rate for 6 months, get your band & 6 mo labwork, and thren you can drop it!!

Best luck - I hopoe you don't give up :)

Reggie - Now I need to get outta my funk - I'm sitting in bed - had a headache for the last three day - and I'm eating almonds grrr - had 1/2c egg salad for bfast - tall americano for brunch, 1/2c chicken salad for lunch & 1/2c chicken salad for dinner. I have zero restriction and I just can't survive on 1 1/2 c food a day - I keep saying i'm going back to my 4 mini meals but I just really want to get this right. Have have only lost 8lbs since surgery so you will recognize me with no problems - it's jes that you won't be able to see LOL.

Pammie, help, I'm falling and I can't get up... I am gonna go back to my 4 mini meals if I can't get this down by Friday! I need to be down another 7lbs by the 21st or I think Doc Fisher may remove my band!!

So I'm stressed out - I've had this headache for 3 days now - I've taken my maximum allowable maxalt and it really takes most of the pain away but when it wears off I usually take excedrine to take the edge off - my PCP said I can still take it - he's very knowledgeable with the band and says that excederine is tylenol anyway but they Richmond says no excederine - Maybe for now I can take it since it will still go right thru to my lower tummy anyway.

I've had about 1c of almonds LOL finally my stomech stopped growling!

Candra, I know exactly what you mean. I maintained 1/4 c for the longest I think 2months and finally increased it to 1/3c. now I average about 1/2c. You see to be eating the right things except for the one cup of almonds. I say minimize that. The stomach growling will stop after a while. Girlfriend STOP STRESSING it adds weight ! this is a tough period with band and if I can do it so can you. Let's get this together.

Jes you know I love you much, but from one wing lover to another I say STOP and LET them be for now LOL! It has no nutritional value apart from it feeling and tasting good in our mouths I'm going back to boiling my chicken again(with lots of seasoning). I found this great couscous salad from trader Joes and I have been eating it with chicken except for Panda days :). I've had Panda once this week oh wait a minute we just started the week lol.

We can do this!

Edited by reggie71

Oh! Reggie so glad to see you back, I have missed you girl!

You know we all seem to have our funks. I mean, I think that I was/have been/am realistic about the band and the changes that is has/will make in my life, but somehow I still find myself sort of dissapointed that I STILL have problems, even tho I'm not fat anymore - ya know? Money problems, family problems, lonliness problems, work/layoff problems, etc . . . the only problems that the band fixed were the health ones, you know?? I mean, those are the most important, but someohow I guess I just imagined that ALL things would be easier if I was not so obese, and now . . not so much. It just gets me down sometimes is all. STILL gets me down I should say.

And now bad things are happening to my good girls! I do not like it, not at all. THANK GOD I had my support group meeting tonight, and most of those folks are doing great (!) I have learned how important it is to surround ourselves with POSITIVE influences :-)

Maria Dr. Baggs is 1000% right! Tell him that you have us on;line of course, but do find a local support group - it makes all the diff :-)

First some prayers for my girls, then going to bed. Not a lick of exercise today, can you believe it?? I will probably gain 4 from not walking, but was in training all day - grant training, I have been told that I need to fund my own position for next year . . . . long, long day but not like Tina's. You hang in there girlfriend! You too Nicole. Love you girls!!

Just came on to say hi ladies and good night.

Tough day - getting some tough questions from all the emails I sent to friends and family about this process.

I catch up with all of your posts everynight - what a great group - you mean alot to me already and I haven't met anyone yet in person!

Well, tomorrow is another day :) Jes maybe we will connect tomorrow Night at the Richmond support group.

Hello all I am still trying to figure this whole thing out

Hello Ladies!

Tamra, I'm so sorry. Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

Nicole, How you doing? I'll let you know if I see any jobs available in the area. Let me know if you need anything.

I didn't finish my paper last night. I sat in front of the computer for over 3 hours with complete writers block. I sat and cried for a few minutes. Thats how I know I'm really stressed! I went to class tonight and I've sent an email asking for a few mroe days. i'm going to finish the paper and email it to him as soon as I'm done. I think next semester needs to be an online class for me, I hope that makes things easier with the scheduling. School is not my top priority. When I talk to people, they act like it should be but I'm not 19. School will have to fit in around my life, not the other way around. I'm feeling better tonight (no tears!) Hopefully we can pull ourselves out of our collective funk soon! (Maybe it's because we're Donna-deficient?)

Nicole-canolie & Elizabeth- I did hear that they're changing things up, I'd say start working out. If you're not on the low bmi side I doubt it'll make that much of a difference. Or you can enjoy this time before orientation and have those 'last supper's.

Good Morning all -I am home today with my sick daughter - spent 3 hours at the emergency room last night - she has a UTI-the advice nurse and the contact center doctor said she couldn't wait until today to be seen - so we were there from 7-10 pm last night. Taran was scared to go there so spent the first half hour crying in the waiting room.

Tamra - sorry to hear about your job - check into that program to help pay for your Cobra.

Candra - hope your head feels better soon. If you ever nned to talk give me a call. I'm definitely going to get scolded on Friday from Dr. Im for gaining a few pounds. At least I don't have to see Robin.

Nicole - glad to hear from you - did you check the Department of Child Support Services website- it will give you info and point you in the right direction?

Riley - yep I still have the same problems I had except for being obese. I didn't have any health problems before. I didn't think losing weight would make my issues go away completely but I thought it would help. Maybe if I ever get to goal weight and am at my sweet spot things will get a little easier.

Heather - going to school while working is hard - I don't know how you do it. Maybe you need a small break.

Marquint - what did you mean by you can't say where you got the appointment?

Tina - how is Michaela doing with your job change? The babies need someone special like you.

Hi to the rest of you -

Good morning all - well i was going to wait till Friday to see If I can stick it out with the 3 1/2c servings a day but I've gained another .3lbs so I quit. This can't be a one size fits all plan - back to my 4 mini Protein meals tomorrow - gotta grocery shop today! It is the only way I lose weight - I have to eat every 3 hours.

Got a busy morning but just wanted to say hi and vent a little on my .3 weight gain! boo hoo. I guess this is just a learing process for me :)

Have a great day all and I will check in and catch up on the posts later this afternoon.

Good LUCK TAMRA!!!!! I will say a prayer, light and incense and send all the good juju I have your way.....ohmmmmmm..... Thank you ladies for all of your information and responses! Have a great day! All I can think about is this journey.:wink2:

I meant she didnt want me to say where she works at, nobody know she got the LAP-BAND®.

OooooKay...we get it :wink2:

good morning, well my scale has moved in the other direction today 1 lb. Most likely the chicken wings....Candra even though I only eat 1/2 cup I need to try and make better choices. It's the fact that I can eat anything. Like right now I'm craving mexican.

I'll be at the richmond support tonight, I'll be early to drop off my return to work papers before they close at 5. I don't know what I'm going to do in between.

Heather, good luck with your paper. Maybe and online class next will give you less stress. I know it's got to be tough especially trying to change your eating habits too.

Pam get some rest, I know that the ER took a lot out of you. Make sure you daughter drinks lots of Water.< /p>

Tamra, keep applying for the those UC jobs, sometime it takes a while but keep at it, something will turn up.

Riley I can't believe you missed a day of exercise LOL. I'm feeling that right now.

Well hope you all have a nice day, I guess I'm going to get dressed and go get a smog for my car. I know sounds like so much fun.

Chat with you all later.

What time does the support group meeting start?

How all fron here is going? I'd love to meet you all.

Monique