Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello ladies.

I finally went to the gym today. I have to work back up to my hour long elliptical sessions. Boo. I didn't last all that long and my asthma was bothering me, which it hasn't done in a long time, perhaps since it's windy and a little chilly. But I went, and that is a win today.

I told my mom about my decision to leave school again. She's totally supportive, which is great. We talked about how I was really going back to school so I would make more money after a promotion. Well, last year I was really close to getting promoted but then the budget tanked and we had massive layoffs. Now I know that promotion is going to be a few years off. I think realizing that I have plenty of time to get my degree helps. Like I said earlier, I don't care if it takes 10 years to get my degree, it can't take 10 years to lose the weight. Right now I'm in my "Me year", and that doesn't include school. I feel much more relaxed after making the decision, so we're off to a good start.

Riley, that Sonoma support group sounds awesome. You're a lucky lady! And good for you with your cocky attitude, you rock! You know we're going to want to see that article when it comes out!

OMG Heather are you KIDDING? An HOUR on the ellipical! Ye gads . . . I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, and I MAX at 10 minutes! Holy cow.

I HAVE TO go back to the gym now, because I have to have at LEAST 8 weeks of ski training before I hit the slopes over Christmas! I am so excited, I have not skiid for YEARS just sit in the lodge and drink . . .well not this year! This was my big goal I set for myself after last year's Christmas ski trip, and I am SO going to do it. I'll have plenty of time off, LOL, what with the MTO. No money to do it, but I'll work it out! I can't wait - and what a good way to mix up my exercise!

Not getting me on that elliptical for an hour tho. Nonononono

Did my little 5K, did my laundry, dyed my roots, took a super-hot super-long shower (it's raining here - so that felt BOMB after getting cold & wet doing the 5K!), flattened hair, did some research for work online, made dinner (Ahi tuna), ATE a piece of tuna - that's 2 fish in one DAY!, ate a bowl of Cereal (bad girl, slider food but need some Fiber and no $$ to go buy veggies), drinking herbal tea . . BORED BORED BORED. I despise being broke but I guess I had better get used to it!

I guess I could have gone to the gym. I guess I still could . . . naaaa. I'm going to drink herbal tea & read a book :-)

You're too funny. I walk a 5k and I'm pooped! It's too much impact for me. I only did 15 min on the eliptical today, then I did a little turbo jam. I totally hear you on the skiing! I want to go so bad this year! Not that I'd go all day, or even go on that many runs, but it would be fun to go for a little bit!

Hey ladies - Riley I will check with bridezilla and see but she's kinda snotty like that - I personally would love to shop in her stash!

How I get to this site quickly is I put this link in my favorites:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/kaiser-richmond-pre-op-82492/

I got to my favorites, click this link then click the "view first unread" section and it takes me right to where I left off. This site isn't very user friendly at all!

Heather, my asthma always act up when there is moisture in the air - I started weasing for no reason at all today, I was just sittin here watching tv and boom!

I went way off program today - went to a birthday party at bridezilla's for her youngest stepdaughter (8yrs old today) I had lays potatoe chips w/french onion dip, 1 hot dog - 4 bites of corn on the cob & about 5 bites of salad - so full after that! didn't even WANT to eat anything else, not even cake so there is somthing to this little band thing LOL. when I get "full" my whole left side hurts. Will this port soreness ever go away - mine sticks so far out like it's still swollen but i can't believe it still is after a month!

Seriously, Riley - Jes & I want to roll up to one of your big support groups. I want to meet Pat too! I haven't gained any real weight back - just 1.5lbs but then I lost it - probably gained it back today LOL. Its so hard to get in all my Water when I'm full!

Calgone take me away....

Hey maybe we can get a group rate for pannus & booby jobs -

Oh, riley - it feels weird to be half way there already because at the beginning of all this (may 12, 2009) It seemed like an Impossibly long ass journey that I would never make - Now it almost looks like I can do it LOL

thanks for my book!

April or Pammie, what was the name of that book on how to treat your husband - need to get that for bridezilla as a wedding gift - she tried to light him on fire today and told him to call the cops... she said "I mean, really, who are they gonna believe - the black guy or the white female, SVU detective.. hmmmm?" I couldn't do it if I were him!! I think she could use a little light reading

Heather - I support you re: your school break so you can focus on your weight. I wish I had found the answer to my weigh years ago, so you are doing the right thing. And I finally finished my degree when I was 43! So you will definately get there. Great job gettin back to the gym. Riley got me pumped up yesterday so I did my stretching (really afraid I'm going to hurt myself) and 18 mins on my exercise bike with about 13 min trying to work at 70 -80% of my max heart rate.

Candra - hang in - glad to hear the band stopped you before the cake. The time before the first fill sounds really tough. Keep at it.

All - I talked to my sister who lives in New Mexico and lives a very simple, low tech life. She is a former nurse and is a massage therapist (boy do I wish she lived closer!) I had mailed her a copy of the email I sent to all my other sisters explaining about this weight loss journey. She is great and said to tell you all she is on our band wagon - get it "band" wagon - cute:wink2:!

Riley - talked to my husband at dinner and he thinks he knows where there might be a box of clothes in our garage loft - he is going to look and get it down for me. If he's right, I know it has size 10 in it. I'll let you know as soon as we find it.

Candra - the book is called "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura.

I am happy to announce my band is still there - I thought it had disappeared.

My food this weekend - yesterday - still on softs

B 1 packet instant oatmeal

L 1 cup ice cream

D Smart One turkey and mashed potatoes and small piece of birthday cake (at 8 pm after my son's birthday party at Sky High)

I didn't feel any restriction even with the cake which scared me since I just got the fill on Friday

Today -

B - 1/2 c mixture of zuchinni and mushrooms - ended up pbing part of it back up

L - 1/2 chicken/apple sausage - ended pbing part of it up and then ate one of the little bags of Fritos (was at a birthday party at a pumpkin patch)

D - 1 bite pork ribs and one bite rice

S - small piece of cake - thank goodness the cake is gone now.

I am determined to have a good food week - now that I have restriction again, I am bringing my 1/3 c Protein to work. I walked for about 45 minutes total today in a corn maze - man it was windy.

Nicole - where are you?

Wow Riley you are my inspiration too -

Candra and Tina - I am a slow loser too, but I have decided to not let it bother me - slow and steady wins the race.

Gotta fold some clothes and head to bed. Night all.

Hey everyone....I'm home OMG I really had a fun day. We went to an outdoor concert (free) Lets just say I'm not all together sure i even have a band. I can eat & drink ANYTHING. I I don't stop myself then I can really pack it in.

Candra, I'm here call whenever you need to. I feel like I'm getting less motivated to exercise. Maybe because it's getting cold. Does anybody know if I can get on my elliptical? It will be 4 weeks on wednesday.

Riley, thanks for not raggin on me earlier, I just had to text you. So what is the support schedule for your group?

So hubby thinks I'm going to "pop my band" he told me tonight that I'm eating too much. hmmmm I really don't think so.

B- egg, 1 pc bacon, a little cheese to make a scramble

S- skinny latte

L- sashimi (4pcs of ahi)

S- 6 walnuts

D- middle section of a turkey wing

and drum roll ..... 6 oz of sake to keep me warm at the concert

gosh I feel so guilty, I supposed to be on mushies.

Candra, you are too funny! Brdzilla has gotten outta hand she needs a crash course on "how to be a wife of a brother 101" LOL. we can all tell tales about our significant others but she needs to keep her cool LMAO. I like your SVU analogy. Hope you are doing well.

Riley- Joker you! I laughed at your post about going to the ski lodge and sitting and drinking before, it must be a good feeling to go and be able to actually ski.

Jes-Dear how are you? Girl don't feel bad about today, dust yourself of as I am about to and lets move on! I know why you feel like you don't have a band, Dr. Park does not always add more Fluid to the band at surgery so there is a possiblity that the 2.5 cc that comes in the band is all yo have. I found that out when I got my fill. However I was able to drop alot because one I am much larger than you and also I stayed on 1/4 cup of proteing for the longest time. I did not deviate until the 19th week I believe at that time I was starving lol and eating tons of Bagels. So try and stay with the 1/4 cup if you can. Honey If I can do it anyone can look at my track record LOL.

Nicole, Maria, Tamra, Heather Pam, Liz, Donna, Kim, John and Annalyn I hope you are all well on this sundya evening.

So I totally blew it today, however it's amere bump and I'm back on track tomorrow so here's the menu:

B : 1/4 c chicken and 1/4c cream of wheat

L: Sam's Club (new one in elk Grove) I ate a piece of red vines , 1 cracker with chicken salad on it, 1 fudge bar, some minature pieces of fudge, Cookies, need I go on NOPE!!!!:sad:

D: 1/3 cup of Norwegian mackrel Yum!

1/2 Cream of wheat(thick)

3 macademia nut cookies from SAM's Club

TOMORROW WILL BE A GOOD DAY:thumbup:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Gotta find some humor in this fiasco or else I will go nuts.

Edited by reggie71

ok Reggie, tomorrow 1/4 cup meals all day. I know it will be hard but I can do it. I just wish there was some sign of me having a band, cuz I feel nothing.:sad:

Evening all..........

Riley I hear you on the balance. I think that is what I have had to do lately with the new job and all the changes going on. I am still doing ok with the weight loss. Slow but steady. But I have had to really focus on learning a new job and getting use to getting up earlier and the commute. The weight loss was my focus over work all summer and I had to balance things out a bit to survive. For awhile there it was all work but now I am back to a little bit of everything. So I totally hear the learning to balance.

Heather I quit school several times. Got married, had a kid got divorce and went back at 24. When for 7 years straight while being a single mom. graduated at 31. So it is all good. I took about 6 years off before I went back. I don't recommend the divorce and single mom thing...;-) but don't stress to much. And what I heard from the county is that it will take 2-3 years before things stablized again. I am on the supervisors list but until things stablize I can't move up either.

Reggie: Glad your back. :-) MIssed ya. Of course I haven't been around as much either but ya know it is all good. I read up on the forum even when I don't post......

Candra and Jes: Doing good ladies. Can't wait to see you again. Jes I have an appointment on the 29th at Pinole. Where is yours?

Pat: welcome to the group!!

NICOLE: where is nicole?? I am worried about her. she hasn't been online much lately or chat.

Well down 5 pounds this week. I guess my fill took awhile to kick in. I really can't eat much. I get stuck easy. I think that 1/4 cup thing is what works. 4-6 bites and I have to stop or PB. Again don't know about a fill on the 29th. Well see if I lost another 5 next week than maybe..........I am just perfect right now. I am at the sweet spot and so glad to be back. Maybe .25 at this point .5 would be a problem.....

Pam: YOur who I forgot. Yep I lose slowly too. But I am feeling really good lately. Like being in 14's and some 12's. I just feel good so whatever else I lose is a bonus for me. I am already feeling more comfortable being me. I still want to get down another 25-50 but I am ok with slow. That unfill slowed me way down. But back on a roll since the last fill. 4 more pounds and undert 200..........I am hoping for that before the 29th......than my next goal is 180 after that.....................from there we will see since I will be under 30BMI.........

Well wishing you all

Oh I didn't get the other job I applied for. Turns out my mother got the position and we can't be in the same unit. I didn't know she applied. It sorta irratated me since she told me to apply too. But I guess her old position will be posted in two weeks and I can try again. Just don't know I sorta want to try to make this other job work if I don't have to to tons of overtime.................hard to make a choice went you haven't been on the job long enough to know what your walking away from. But again I am working Emergency response.............so that does indicate late hours at least sometimes during the week.............you can't control when an ER call comes in than you have two hours to get out to the hospital or home.............and ah working with pos tox babies...........well they could be born ANYTIME!!

I went to a home last week that smelled strong on THC. It was crazy. They guy was high as a kite but tried to deny it. I was going to tell him that his wife and baby were pos tox in the hospital and he was the safety plan. Ah yea right.................so that blew my plans and I had to start with a new plan at 4pm. That sorta stuff is what worries me cause you can't plan or control it. I like to work fast than go home. But that seems to be out of my control. I did ask for more work last week cause they had me sit for two days and I can't sit for long. I need to be out moving or the day drags to long. They looked at me like I was crazy!! :-) But seriously one family to work with in two weeks. Boring!! :-P I am used to having 22-25 families to deal with a day!! LOL. I hate sitting not doing anything..............I guess my old job ruined me!!

I start on the official rotation tomorrow so we will see how crazy it gets. They let me relax the last two weeks but it hits full force tomorrow...................wish me NO LATE NIGHTS this week!! :-P

Edited by swrktp

Hello girls,

im on my cell?and it wont let me really do much.. but i did finally get to post:)

candra and jess : how are u two doing???

everyone else i miss u girls sooo much you have no?idea:( i would love phone calls when u are all free:) so the 17th is the meeting??? ill be there!!!

well im doing ok... not happy where i live but hope to have something very very very soon. my working out is still ok did five miles today, did one of my want to do in life utems! I went to my highschool and jogged the track i hated/dreaded/ many complaints tears etc happened there. i felt amazing.

OH your friend not only got one job but twwwwwo in a matter of four days lol!!! One more week of easy life...

Hey since my phone is coko can someone update my ticker to 167??? the code is 1009:) wow i just realized 4 from 100 and 7 from goal wow freakin crazy:)

how is everyone??? tina? ill call you.. nicolie how are you? liz glad to see ya posting!!! april how are you? chris how is the belly??? reggie girl how ya doin? everyone else? gosh i miss u all so much i need internet!!!!

hugs!!! 530 263 8390