Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good morning, Violets..

I've been up for an hour already. Checked all my messages, made Breakfast (tuna and soy nuts) cleaned up the kitchen, finished my jumble word puzzle and set up the Wii for Ethan who arrived a few minutes ago.

My scale isn't budging, but neither am I. I'm not going to give up the no sugar, lo-carb, correct portions, no snacking I've been doing for a month now. Maybe one of these days there will be a big wooooooooooosh and I'll drop a pound or two. I feel smaller so that is a motivator.

Michelle... good girl la la la-ing. I wouldn't want to shatter that image you have of me!!:w00t::tt2:

Ethan is here for the day so I'll be Wii'd out by this afternoon. I'm going to try and get tax stuff all organized today so we can meet with our tax guy and get things taken care of soon. Hopefully we'll get some money back or at least break even.

Everyone have a great day!! Make good choices and drink that water!!

Oh... losingjustme had her baby boy on Friday. What a cutie patootie little baby Joshua..

Edited by Teachlady

Good morning...gotta go enroll dd in her new school then go to the eye dr.

Good news is I got on the scales to brave out whatever I had undone and it was -2 more so I am VERY happy about that! Here is a pic of my eye :w00t: I am going to the eye dr this morning...hope they can see me quick!

post-220113-13813138107093_thumb.jpg

OH.... I won't be here much today or maybe tomorrow.....

Robby's shingles is clearing up, and he lost his second tooth.

Cody spent the weekend with his mom and when they dropped him off we had a big parental conference because he was a total ass... as he usually is.... FINALLY they are on board with him going to counseling.. (which I tried to get him in when he first moved in with us) He threw a HUGE tantrum but all 4 of his parental units are united and that is on my agenda for today.

Robby ..... well he needs it to.. we've got to get to the bottom of his behavior.....

drat.... gotta go

Morning Girls~

Tracy...WELCOME HOME! I am sure you feel better just getting that behind you. Hope the eye doc helps...what are they gonna do for your neck?

Michelle...Good luck today!

Judy...I agree, Jennifer Hudson sounded and looked amazing. She sure slimmed down in the last couple months. Stress does that for ya'.

Kat...thanks for the thing on Kurt. That was great!

Well, today, I've got the runs from all the shit I ate yesterday! The best thing is that today, I am bringing ALL THE LEFTOVERS to school. I bet it won't last the morning! We've got crissount (sp) sandwhiches, turkey tortilla wraps, cream puffs, tortilla chips, etc...OH MY...no wonder I have the runs!

Have a great day, I'll pop in later!

TracyK, hope the eye doc can help... and I hope you can get some relief from all your ailments these past weeks!

((TracyKS))... hang in there, chica! There is no harder job than being a mom... & you're a good one!

Pam... I hope the runs are keeping you on the run... AWAY from the goodies!! :w00t:

Judy... You've got the exact right attitude and I am going to "WWJD" myself all day today!! You're my inspiration!! I want to get where you are! (No, not Alpena... in "the groove"!!)

Back to work...

Hello everyone . . . I hope you enjoyed Superbowl Sunday, whether you are into the game or not :0).

Pamela, I am also feeling left out. I realllyyy want to see your tat in progress.

This weekend was not a good eating weekend for me. After being so tight and uncomfortable last week, I was a big eater over the weekend. Maybe not so much a big eater, just eating not the usual bandster things.

I had 2 pieces of pb&j toast for breakfast on Saturday. 4 Arby's mozarella sticks for lunch and one bite of chicken sandwich (it was gross for some reason . . . the chicken tasted weird and it seems like they must have dipped it in a vat of Mayonnaise which I don't eat). I had Japanese spicy chicken at the Otani grill on Saturday night (I only ate half a cup because I was full on Miso Soup and the salad before dinner of which I ate every bite). I kept eyeballing the sushi menu (but didn't order) through dinner . . . awfully tempting but I am not allowed to eat it during pregnancy.

Sunday breakfast was a boiled egg, 4 or 5 oven-baked french fries, my favorite turkish cheese, a little lettuce, radish with fresh squeezed lemon and some green onions, and a few olives. Lunch was over at my friends house from China . . . she cooked something with maybe chicken in a soupy sauce that smelled funny and I couldn't eat it. I had slices of apple, orange and pear and 3 or 4 orange cream Cookies. She also made a tea of dried dates and honey that tasted very strange and somewhat unpleasant but I drank it anyway. Dinner was eggplant mousakka, yogurt, a slice of bread and a small piece of cinnamon coffee cake for desert.

My friend from China told me I should limit my pear intake during pregnancy because it is not good to eat very much of it . . . but rice wine is healthy during breastfeeding in limited quantities, I guess it must be cultural differences. I told her lightly that alcohol is also not allowed during breastfeeding because it passes into the infant.

It is strange how much tastes differ amongst different cultures. I like chinese food from restaurants, but it must have been americanized . . . because authentic chinese food is really difficult for me to eat. Last time my husband and I went together to their house for dinner, they made shrimp, it was jumbo sized and was the whole thing, head whiskers, beady little eyes, legs and tail, etc. They cooked at the table in a electric wok thing in the center of the table. The chicken and tofu was good . . . but when they cooked the huge shrimp and put one on my plate I noticed the whisker was twitching. Now I know it was dead . . . being cooked in hot Water like that, but I can't understand why the whisker was twitching (the whisker was maybe 8 inches long as well). There was just no way on earth I could peel off the extraneous body parts and actually eat it. I was embarrassed about it as well because I know it is rude not to eat it.

Does anyone of us of the american persuasion not mind if the seafood is looking at you while you are eating it, or am I just overly sensitive???

Edited by HeatherO

Good morning girls!! Happy Candlemas to you!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was a little slow but very pleasant. Did alot of stuff around the house that I hadn't around to doing. Today is Candlemas so I put away my Nativity Scene yesterday. We put up a new foyer light that I've had in the garage for two weeks. We layed down some stones in our flower beds. Sunday we went to church and then we headed over to my parents house to watch the game. I ate way way way too much. Grazing all day long mostly...

I got my bike! I actually didn't even have to buy one. I was talking to my mom about me getting one and one of my aunts said that she had one she could give me. It's brand new, she only rode it twice and then she fell off and she never wants to see it again, LOL. So I went riding for a bit yesterday. My ASS hurt though. I need a new seat for it. Couldn't stand the pain...

TracyK - hope your eye gets better!!! It looks like maybe some debris fell in during the move??

TracyKS - glad all the adults were able to come to an agreement about Cody's treatment. Much love to you...

Michelle! You start kicking ass today, right? Me too! Gym tonight and back to band rules. I'm glad I have ya'll as support no matter how many stops and starts I have!

Judy - The indoor Water park sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

Terry - did you get hail yesterday? Right at 6pm we got a huge thunderstorm and then tons of hail started coming down. It was the weirdest thing...

As far as vacations planned, we are going to Isla Navidad in March, then Cabo in June, then Vegas in Oct. We didn't cut back this year mostly because we have places to stay in Isla and in Cabo. My parents have friends there so we only pay for airfare. Well, actually my parents pay, LOL. I know, we're spoiled...

Pammy - WHOLY CRAP that's a big tatoo!! You never gave any indication of it's size when we talked about it! Here I am thinking it's a modest little butterfly somewhere hidden from view. How gorgeous is it!!!! Love it!! Love your gumption too!!

Kat - How's Manda doing?? Sorry to hear that she ended up going back to the hospital!!! My prayers have been for you and Rick... love you!

Jane - We just got Legally Blond here in Houston. Is it worth going?

Suzie - hope you had a great lunch with your friend. Did you watch the game? Are you a Steelers fan? Usually the house is split during the super bowl but this year we were all rooting for the Steelers. It was an awesome game!!

Okay so there is a new series of workshops that they are going to be giving at church. It's about building a better relationship with your spouse/significant other. We've been waiting for it to start and we're excited about going. Helps you with communication, forgiveness ect. and it's lead by our priest. Starts with a retreat on 13th through the 15th. Can't wait!

Heather - I totally mind and I'm not of the american persuasion, LOL!!!

My best friend is Chinese and her family cooks all fish and shrimp with heads on. I have to drape my napkin over my poor fish head when I eat it. BUT, I love it! I'll eat every last bite!

And yes, you would be surprised how different American Chinese food is to the authentic Chinese food....

Haydee, you are still going to 'Bama in June too right? Just chekcing! Did you get the tweezers I sent?

Heather, I pm'd you my email. :w00t:

Jen, I will send it to you tonight...don't know what happened, I have you on my Violets list! I will send it to you and Heather!

OK...bbl

Ok Haydee... let's keep each other accountable!! I'm working out today w/ds @ the Y... I'm going to do my Walk training + weights (I hope, if there's time after the walking!)

WE CAN DO IT!

Ok... updated siggy line... even tho I was at -10 at one point in Jan... in the end, it's a measly -1.2lbs lost for Jan... I know, I know... it's not a gain...

On to February!

Pammy - YES, absolutely, Alamaba in June too. Cabo is right after I come back from the long weekend with ya'll....

No, I never got them! I've been checking the mail all week long!!

Michelle - okey dokey. I'll check in after the gym tonight. For dinner I'm making stuffed peppers. That's low carb right? Ground beef stuffed inside poblano peppers smothered in a Tomato salsa... I'm not breading them this time...

Edited by Haydee

OMG here is my ticker again... I haven't put it up in ages. I'm up 12 lbs since October. Yuck...

Good girl facing the truth & updating your ticker, Haydee. It sucks, but it also enables us to go forward from here.

We're so close in weight, so this will be good for us to work together!! Whenever you feel like you're going to slip -- contact me! E-mail, phone, text... I'm here for you!!