Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

I was banned in Oct, was loosing 2lbs a week, then went back to get a fill and doc said my port had turned now iv been eating everything in sight:(, please help beginning to wonder if lapband really works, doc said i was the second person this has happened to in 10 years, please help, so aggravated!!!!

So has anyone started the FB group we discussed yet?

I will create it today.

Wow Aussie30! Congrats on your weight loss, goal setting, and follow through! Keep at it!

I am half way through my 2nd week of weight watchers. I crashed and burned the first week and ate way too many points (too many high fat foods and too much snacking) and only ended up losing 0.6 lbs. But, this week I am getting things figured out and am staying within my daily alottment. Eating veggies with fat-free dip and making a big batch of individual fritattas baked in the oven in a muffin tin has been a big help. I've also tried some other WW recipes and they are pretty darn good! I'm thinking I'll have a bigger loss this week. Crossing my fingers.

Well all I have an appointment tomorrow with my surgeon, wish me luck!

Schampange - Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

Well, on January 3, 2013 I had my all time highest weight of 211 lbs. Today, February 4th, one month later, I weighed in again at my doctor's office on the same scale - 203.8! Woo hoo! That is over 7 lbs in one month!

Schampange - Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

Well' date=' on January 3, 2013 I had my all time highest weight of 211 lbs. Today, February 4th, one month later, I weighed in again at my doctor's office on the same scale - 203.8! Woo hoo! That is over 7 lbs in one month![/quote']

Congrats!! It feels amazing doesn't it :)! My doc appointment went well. He unfilled me to check for slippage as that was the least expensive. So far so good, I have no heartburn YEA!! I can eat without getting sick, no drinking! This is great! So I and the doc believe I was just a little over filled. I go back in 6 to 8 weeks to start the process of finding the sweet spot. I am so glad it wasn't a slip cuz he said I would have to get it removed since it most likely happened over 2 years ago. Our body's change, so there it is. Oh by the way for any of you that have had a sharp pain in the port are, like a Charlie horse. The doc said it is most likely the port getting caught under the ribs, it goes back in place when u stretch backwards. So a good bit of info.. Thanks all for the support! Has anyone got the fb up and running?

Hi everyone,

Well, I've had a wretched 3 weeks as far as the band goes, but a glorious 3 weeks personally. In was in Hawaii, "celebrating" my return to work from mat leave. I didn't want to worry about anything on this trip, so I let myself eat whatever I wanted. Gained a bunch of weight - argh - but enjoyed myself too. No regrets.

That said, I'm home and ready to recommit myself to this lifestyle change. I'll create a FB group - any ideas for a clever name that doesn't tell the world what we're up to, for those who prefer to keep things private?

N

Oops! Looks like someone already volunteered to create a FB page. Thanks!

Well, on January 3, 2013 I had my all time highest weight of 211 lbs. Today, February 4th, one month later, I weighed in again at my doctor's office on the same scale - 203.8! Woo hoo! That is over 7 lbs in one month!

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! I just love that feeling when you make a big effort and it actually pays off. It makes it so much easier to keep going when you feel successful.

I recently had a fill which was both good and bad. The good part is that the band is now giving me that strong signal of fullness which helps me to stop eating after a small amount of food, and I am continuing to lose weight.

The bad part is that Ive had a little bit of acid reflux again and I am quite paranoid about the possibility that the acid might damage my esophagus. So I think I might ask the doctor to unfill me a tiny bit next time and see if I can get the best of both worlds.

Hi everyone. I saw this forum and knew it was for me. I was banded in 7/10 and have only lost 30 lbs. I have never been able to accept the restrictions of the band - It felt like another diet to me. In other words, I wanted it to be a magic fix and never looked at it as a tool. I'm saddened and ashamed. My parents paid for my surgery, so I additionally feel like I've let them down. To make matters worse, my doctor guilts me and lectures me each time I go in to see her, which just makes me never want to go in. Today though, I have to go in. Can't keep any food down. I'm guessing my band slipped, and in some ways I'm hoping it did. Perhaps this will be the wake up call I need. I'm bracing myself for the humiliation of this visit. I'm convinced my failure is psychological - I didn't want to let go of food. Any of it. I didn't want to change how I ate because it was too uncomfortable. Plus, all along, I just wanted to be a normal person. I didn't want to need the band. I wanted to go back to my younger years when weight wasn't an issue.

Ahhhh, so much self-reflection. Thanks for listening. Good luck to you all. I'm off to see the doc.

Welcome csadoney- hopefully it is not slipped- keep us updated. Maybe it is just swollen and needs to have a rest. I sort of thought the same way- this is really just another way to diet. My doctor was really sweet the last time and said sometimes you just need a break to regroup - focus on priorities that sometimes may not be the band and loosing weight. When you are ready- come back and we will start again. I had a barium swallow and EGD and found out I have reflux. I am waiting for a month and then going back it to restart my fills again. I bought the book Bandwagon and checked several out from the library and hope to get motivated again to be gung ho and really apply myself. Hope you get news at your doctor and get your wake up call.

Did anyone start the FB closed group? Nicole_m would you do it if no one has???

Hi everyone. I saw this forum and knew it was for me. I was banded in 7/10 and have only lost 30 lbs. I have never been able to accept the restrictions of the band - It felt like another diet to me. In other words, I wanted it to be a magic fix and never looked at it as a tool. I'm saddened and ashamed. My parents paid for my surgery, so I additionally feel like I've let them down. To make matters worse, my doctor guilts me and lectures me each time I go in to see her, which just makes me never want to go in. Today though, I have to go in. Can't keep any food down. I'm guessing my band slipped, and in some ways I'm hoping it did. Perhaps this will be the wake up call I need. I'm bracing myself for the humiliation of this visit. I'm convinced my failure is psychological - I didn't want to let go of food. Any of it. I didn't want to change how I ate because it was too uncomfortable. Plus, all along, I just wanted to be a normal person. I didn't want to need the band. I wanted to go back to my younger years when weight wasn't an issue.

Ahhhh, so much self-reflection. Thanks for listening. Good luck to you all. I'm off to see the doc.

Csadoney,

I understand where you are coming from. I was banded in 2008 and currently weight 203 lbs...the same weight I was banded at. Interestingly enough, that is a loss for me, as I was up to 211 at the beginning of January. I am working my weight watchers plan. Last week I did great with exercise, but not so great with eating. I just have to get the two coinciding at the same time! But, I've been thinking, "Wow, I sure am eating a lot for having the lap band." For example, tonight I'm planning out what I will have for dinner. I've been wanting pizza for 3 weeks, so I decided that tonight is the night. I'm going to have two slices of thin crust veggie pizza at our local pizzeria (far less greasy than the commercial chains). That is 10 points. A pretty point-y dinner for me. I was thinking to myself that I might need to have a salad with that. Then, I was like, "What the heck! I have the lap band. I should be eating like 1/2 a slice of pizza or something." Anyway, it is time to go in for a fill. Probably a pretty big one. I am somewhat afraid of fills because when I get hungry I take too big of bites and then everything gets stuck. I know, bad habits. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'll have issues with bread and beef as well. I love english muffins. :-( Anyway, I called and made an appointment for a fill. Well, my nurse that I've been seeing since 2008 doesn't work there anymore! She's been gone for over 6 months!!! Oh, it is sad. I felt like I could count on her, and I did for 4 years. I guess it is time to forge a relationship with someone else there. So, I'm seeing another guy there that I've known for a long time actually - since before I got the band. So, I guess my points are these: 1) I'm nervous to get a fill (I'm only at 4.something ccs in a 10 cc band), 2) I'm afraid I'll get in trouble for gaining so much weight, 3) I'm dreading the 3+ hour drive to Ventura. But, I'm proud of myself for scheduling the appointment even though I am nervous and scared.

Hilary, I am in the same boat as you. I go in - Feb 27th for my fill. He recently let out 1 cc and had me do some testing to check placement and everything was fine- so he just wanted to give me a rest. Well after these 2 weeks will no restriction- boy am I ready to have my restriction back! I feel like I am gaining 1/2 pound each day- not really- but you know what I mean- ;) . I got put on protonix for reflux- didnt even realize I had reflux. Cant tell any difference. I am just so ready to lose this. My husband and I joined SNAP fitness for a 30 day trial - for $8.95 a piece. Hope this will help us both to get some professional guidance on working out and also a jump start. I have a desk job and I am allowed time for a mile walk in the morning and one in the afternoon- so if I do those and work out- hope it will help. So far the walking is good for me- but I need something more challenging - I think my body is used to the walking every day.

Keep me posted on your progress. We are just about the same wt. Good luck.

Hilary, I am in the same boat as you. I go in - Feb 27th for my fill. He recently let out 1 cc and had me do some testing to check placement and everything was fine- so he just wanted to give me a rest. Well after these 2 weeks will no restriction- boy am I ready to have my restriction back! I feel like I am gaining 1/2 pound each day- not really- but you know what I mean- ;) . I got put on protonix for reflux- didnt even realize I had reflux. Cant tell any difference. I am just so ready to lose this. My husband and I joined SNAP fitness for a 30 day trial - for $8.95 a piece. Hope this will help us both to get some professional guidance on working out and also a jump start. I have a desk job and I am allowed time for a mile walk in the morning and one in the afternoon- so if I do those and work out- hope it will help. So far the walking is good for me- but I need something more challenging - I think my body is used to the walking every day.

Keep me posted on your progress. We are just about the same wt. Good luck.

Subbie,

I go in for my fill on February 27th too! We'll have to both post about how it goes. I was talking to my mom about dinner and we decided that instead of pizza we are going to have homemade baked coconut shrimp and a big salad with fresh straberries, mandarin oranges, jicama, and poppyseed dressing. That actually sounds way better to me than pizza. Maybe it is the weather. It is in the low 70s here and we are running round in skirts and short-sleeved shirts.

Good for you about committing to exercise! I try to go for a 30-60 minute walk (in soft sand in the desert) every day. Plus, I am a substitute teacher for 6th and 8th grades. On weekdays I spend hours walking the classroom keeping the kids on task. I don't know how many calories I'm burning, but on the weight watchers ActiveLink tracker I get 4 points a day on weekdays after I meet my baseline activity goal. For right now, that is enough. I think I'm going to start taking some light handweights on my walks so I can do some curls and presses while I'm at it. Yeah, I'm dorky like that! LOL!