Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

Sorry about the same quote guys. I'm having phone issues. It kept say that the message was not going through, but it seems that it was. My bad.

I had a co-worker who did nutrisystem. I heard from her that some of the food is really gross and that some of it is okay. I never heard from her that she loved what she was eating. I love to cook and can't imagine eating packaged food every day. I'm too much of a foodee. But' date=' I can see the temptation to do nutrisystem because it is convenient - especially for people who don't like to cook. It kind of reminds me of my horrible experience with Jenny Craig, though.

One thing that is good about WW (besides the food) is that you have a weekly meeting in which: 1) they weigh you (so, it isn't just you who knows your weight, it is your leader/receptionist too), 2) they give you tips for success, and 3) you make friends and support one another. I could easily count calories by myself instead of doing WW, but then I wouldn't get the benefit of the meetings and support. Since I live 4 hours away from my sugeon's office, I need local support. It is expensive though. About 10 a week at the cheapest.[/quote']

WW is really one of the best, and they have a rocking spokesman now. I love Jennifer. I don't care whether or not she did anything extra with WW, she looks great and toned. That fine body builder of a man probably helped. Ok, I'm off subject. But WW does work. I was successful when I attended. But the really success for that program is like you said the accountability and the meetings. I learned so much about eating from those meetings. I joined a south beach group on fb that's good. But you have to continue to talking on the group to benefits from it. They have so many food ideas. I love them for that. But honestly, there is nothing like a support group for people that like to eat. I have a wls group, but once a month is not enough for me. So this group helps. But then again you have to be active to get the support you need.

I had a co-worker who did nutrisystem. I heard from her that some of the food is really gross and that some of it is okay. I never heard from her that she loved what she was eating. I love to cook and can't imagine eating packaged food every day. I'm too much of a foodee. But' date=' I can see the temptation to do nutrisystem because it is convenient - especially for people who don't like to cook. It kind of reminds me of my horrible experience with Jenny Craig, though.

One thing that is good about WW (besides the food) is that you have a weekly meeting in which: 1) they weigh you (so, it isn't just you who knows your weight, it is your leader/receptionist too), 2) they give you tips for success, and 3) you make friends and support one another. I could easily count calories by myself instead of doing WW, but then I wouldn't get the benefit of the meetings and support. Since I live 4 hours away from my sugeon's office, I need local support. It is expensive though. About 10 a week at the cheapest.[/quote']

My goodness :-(

WW is really one of the best, and they have a rocking spokesman now. I love Jennifer. I don't care whether or not she did anything extra with WW, she looks great and toned. That fine body builder of a man probably helped. Ok, I'm off subject. But WW does work. I was successful when I attended. But the really success for that program is like you said the accountability and the meetings. I learned so much about eating from those meetings. I joined a south beach group on fb that's good. But you have to continue to talking on the group to benefits from it. They have so many food ideas. I love them for that. But honestly, there is nothing like a support group for people that like to eat. I have a wls group, but once a month is not enough for me. So this group helps. But then again you have to be active to get the support you need.

Sorry

I can't delete my comments. I can only edit them. Sorry :-(

It happen again. Sorry

Ok, i have an idea. Is everyone on here on Facebook? I can start a group for us... im not on here like i am on fb. No one is a failure. I think we need to help each other and hold each other accountable. Or, maybe we can each pick a buddy and text/talk on the phone. Weight loss is a journey... we are not failures. The lapband is tough, u cant prepare for it. I had so many people tell me this was going to change my life and u wake up from surgery expecting instant results and it takes time....

Let me know what you all think.

Ok' date=' i have an idea. Is everyone on here on Facebook? I can start a group for us... im not on here like i am on fb. No one is a failure. I think we need to help each other and hold each other accountable. Or, maybe we can each pick a buddy and text/talk on the phone. Weight loss is a journey... we are not failures. The lapband is tough, u cant prepare for it. I had so many people tell me this was going to change my life and u wake up from surgery expecting instant results and it takes time....

Let me know what you all think.[/quote']

You can start a group, but there are so many out there. I'm in a active band group, but it doesn't seem like people there are struggling. Most have lost the weight and its a lot of newbies. I came back here for the real support. I rarely was involved in the beginning, cause I thought I didn't really need support, man I was wrong. So I'm here to encourage and be encouraged. I got one person that's been checking in with me. Its not enough though. I need a lot of accountability. I even tried to get with some other wls folks from my monthly support group, but they aren't as responsive. Makes no sense when you aren't really loosing, but can't make you respond.

Ok' date=' i have an idea. Is everyone on here on Facebook? I can start a group for us... im not on here like i am on fb. No one is a failure. I think we need to help each other and hold each other accountable. Or, maybe we can each pick a buddy and text/talk on the phone. Weight loss is a journey... we are not failures. The lapband is tough, u cant prepare for it. I had so many people tell me this was going to change my life and u wake up from surgery expecting instant results and it takes time....

Let me know what you all think.[/quote']

I am in! I am on fb alot more than here, I think it would be great!

If we do a FB group can we do a locked group and you can allow people in- but there are lots of people I dont want knowing I am banded. Also can we make the name a sort of name that doesnt say lapband - because some people can see which groups you are in- even if they are locked- they just cant see your posts. Thanks

I returned to my doc this week after a year and half away from him. Almost back at my starting weight. He was sweet and compassionate about my struggles and said sometimes people just need to take a break and when you are ready- the band is waiting for you. He actual removed about 1 cc from my band- since I was having some pains. We did a barium swallow- showed a little reflux but band was in correct position and not slipped and also no dilation. I go in two weeks to get an EGD done (scope) just to see if I have erosion- he doesnt think I do- but just to be safe.

I have no restriction right now. I could eat bread! I am amazed that 1 cc made a huge difference. I have 8 in my 10cc band.

Pain is better now.

I just struggle so much and love reading post like yours that make me feel I am not alone.

If we do a FB group can we do a locked group and you can allow people in- but there are lots of people I dont want knowing I am banded. Also can we make the name a sort of name that doesnt say lapband - because some people can see which groups you are in- even if they are locked- they just cant see your posts. Thanks

I returned to my doc this week after a year and half away from him. Almost back at my starting weight. He was sweet and compassionate about my struggles and said sometimes people just need to take a break and when you are ready- the band is waiting for you. He actual removed about 1 cc from my band- since I was having some pains. We did a barium swallow- showed a little reflux but band was in correct position and not slipped and also no dilation. I go in two weeks to get an EGD done (scope) just to see if I have erosion- he doesnt think I do- but just to be safe.

I have no restriction right now. I could eat bread! I am amazed that 1 cc made a huge difference. I have 8 in my 10cc band.

Pain is better now.

I just struggle so much and love reading post like yours that make me feel I am not alone.

I think a private fb would be great, does anyone know how to get it up and running?

It's great to have people to talk to about our ups and downs. I hope all goes well with your dr app. I know for me going back after 4 years is a bit intimidating :). I hope it goes well, my doc wasn't much for bedside manner but a good guy none the less. Today I realy made the effort to eat like I am supposed to, I had egg white omelet with mushrooms onion and cheese. A half slice of toast. Did good, didn't drink more than a half cup of coffee. About an half hour 45 min later I got the blocked feeling, waited as long as I could stand then had to vomit. Horrible!!! So much for the right food choices. I waited 3 hours and had a half Turkey sand w cheese no bread. Kept that down for 3 hours but still feels like its sitting there, heartburn! So discouraging, looking froward to seeing the doc soon!

I think I am asking for an unfill and to check and make sure I didn't slip my band with all this vo!miting. Wish me luck bandsters:)!