Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

Hi' date=' I already invited you, but if it didn't work, what's your FB name?[/quote']

Thanks so much

Hello yes the same with cards for me. I am carb sensitive so I know to stay away. I don't eat any of that anymore. Really not missing it either. What is the video you had said where do I get that? I have 20 more pounds to loss and can't seem to get it off. When I had the infill in July since that I have gained 10 pounds but took off 4 of it I just want to get to goal and maintain it

Its called walk away the pounds. Its a walking video. They have one, two, three and four mile segments. Its really fun, and hard to believe you walked miles in place. You google them, but I've seen the cds at Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy. You might find it on YouTube. I wouldn't be suprised.

I am really trying hard to get the carbs out my life. I've had a few moments here and there, but I don't crave rice, potatoes and chips as I use to. I do desire popcorn from time to time. So I give myself some one or twice a week and then I'm done.

I think its wonderful that you are so close to your goal weight. I'm trying so hard to get to mines. I got some work to do.

I would like to join the FB group!!! My email is: oneabswift@excite.com

I was banded 4/2009 and I haven't been very successful. I'm so relieved I'm not the only failure!!!

By "closed" does that mean if I comment or "like" something it will not show up in my feed as well ?

Please add me - bev1pear@gmail.com. Banded for 5 years...initially lost 50 lbs. but put it back on within 2 years. Basically I believe I grew a second stomach above the band. I can eat as much, if not more than unbanded people. I want to reclaim my band!!!

You Didn't FAIL your BAND DID..In January, House Democratic lawmakers called for hearings on medical devices including Lap-Band, following a study in the medical journal Archives of Surgery, that found almost half of patients with a gastric band had no weight loss or needed the device removed after six years. More than 40 percent had long- term complications.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-05-07/allergan-receives-u-dot-s-dot-subpoena-over-weight-loss-device

You Didn't FAIL your BAND DID..In January, House Democratic lawmakers called for hearings on medical devices including Lap-Band, following a study in the medical journal Archives of Surgery, that found almost half of patients with a gastric band had no weight loss or needed the device removed after six years. More than 40 percent had long- term complications.

http://www.businessw...ght-loss-device

These people are here trying to take control over their lives and health and you come in spouting complete and total BS based on a lawsuit? Can you at least try to have an ounce of respect for someone else and their struggles? They need our support not more of your nonsense.

Seriously, go be miserable somewhere else. Your trolling is getting old

I want to just say that in 2007 I had a lap band, in 2010 I got a new lap band, sometime this year (2013) I will be getting a gastric sleeve...why because the lap band never worked for me, they slipped both times...this one is so bad NO one can even imagine the pain even with the Fluid out of it, it still hurts...it's around my esophagus junction with NO stomach in the band at all. The bands just never worked for me, how I lost weight was by throwing up everything that ever crossed my lips and working out all the time for hours everyday...in my opinion it was an eating disorder nightmare that not only myself but my insurance company had to pay for not once but twice. I CAN SAY I DIDN'T FAIL MY BAND....MY BAND FAILED ME AND MY EXPECTATIONS!!!! I was told that only 1-5 percent of people experience issues...I mean I can't be the only person in the world to experience all this not once but twice even.

If your band is working for you I will be the first to say GREAT, I'M HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR BAND... I like many other people are here because we are NOT happy either with ourselves or our band and we just want to have someone listen to each of us.

I would like to be added to the group please. becky.feldman@5senuff.com

I want to just say that in 2007 I had a lap band' date=' in 2010 I got a new lap band, sometime this year (2013) I will be getting a gastric sleeve...why because the lap band never worked for me, they slipped both times...this one is so bad NO one can even imagine the pain even with the Fluid out of it, it still hurts...it's around my esophagus junction with NO stomach in the band at all. The bands just never worked for me, how I lost weight was by throwing up everything that ever crossed my lips and working out all the time for hours everyday...in my opinion it was an eating disorder nightmare that not only myself but my insurance company had to pay for not once but twice. I CAN SAY I DIDN'T FAIL MY BAND....MY BAND FAILED ME AND MY EXPECTATIONS!!!! I was told that only 1-5 percent of people experience issues...I mean I can't be the only person in the world to experience all this not once but twice even.

If your band is working for you I will be the first to say GREAT, I'M HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR BAND... I like many other people are here because we are NOT happy either with ourselves or our band and we just want to have someone listen to each of us.[/quote']

I'm so sorry to hear your story. I know a fee people that have the sleeve and they are really happy. A friend of minds lost about 90 pounds with it, but hasn't been able to go further. She doesn't work out though. Its another lady that I know who had it, but she's new with it. Most people are well pleased.

I had only one issue, and the issue I though was an issue is me not eating what I should for the band. I haven't worked in over a year, and have no insurance. I'm praying that I get a job soon. I want to be filled. I jusy can't chance going without insurance, cause I'm close to my sweet spot. I have tongo extra slow. I'm really sad about my band situation. I'm trying to work on my eating, but I've been stress eating a whole lot.

Hi,

I haven't been on this site in quite some time and am so glad I found this support group! I too feel like I have failed with my lap band. I was banded in March 2010 and 3 years later.....my total weight loss is around 35 pounds. I also feel like people that know that I had lap band wonder why I'm still overweight. I know it's because I love food too much and got tired of going back and forth to get a fill and then get some taken out because I felt it was too tight and was sick of spitting food out. The last time I had a fill was last year and it was too tight. So I had the doctor take out more than what I should have and decided I was done with the lap band.Now I am to the point where I could eat like I have no band at all and was overeating on weekends to the point of feeling sick.

I started exercising and counting calories around 4 months ago and have lost 16 pounds. I decided to go back to the doctor yesterday and she put in .3cc and I don't feel much restriction at all? I was almost embarrassed going back to the doctor after hardly losing any weight after 3 years! I'm wondering if I should give this fill a few weeks and of course continue on with exercise and counting calories and then go back for more of a fill? I don't know.

I have two family members that had the lap band surgery and they might as well be a walking poster advertising how well it works. I don't know why I'm struggling so much with this, it's like I never could find the "sweet spot"? It's so frustrating!

I'm confused on how I join this group? Is it a Facebook page? Is so, can you please add me?

• debi.rousehinson@facebook.com

Hi' date='

I haven't been on this site in quite some time and am so glad I found this support group! I too feel like I have failed with my lap band. I was banded in March 2010 and 3 years later.....my total weight loss is around 35 pounds. I also feel like people that know that I had lap band wonder why I'm still overweight. I know it's because I love food too much and got tired of going back and forth to get a fill and then get some taken out because I felt it was too tight and was sick of spitting food out. The last time I had a fill was last year and it was too tight. So I had the doctor take out more than what I should have and decided I was done with the lap band.Now I am to the point where I could eat like I have no band at all and was overeating on weekends to the point of feeling sick.

I started exercising and counting calories around 4 months ago and have lost 16 pounds. I decided to go back to the doctor yesterday and she put in .3cc and I don't feel much restriction at all? I was almost embarrassed going back to the doctor after hardly losing any weight after 3 years! I'm wondering if I should give this fill a few weeks and of course continue on with exercise and counting calories and then go back for more of a fill? I don't know.

I have two family members that had the lap band surgery and they might as well be a walking poster advertising how well it works. I don't know why I'm struggling so much with this, it's like I never could find the "sweet spot"? It's so frustrating!

I'm confused on how I join this group? Is it a Facebook page? Is so, can you please add me?

[*']debi.rousehinson@facebook.com

I know just how you feel. We have similar stories. I think that I really didn't onow what to expect from the band. I had some Fluid taken out as well. I'm back up the scale, with no insurance. But I realized that I won't even let this situation get me down. I will get my fills, and if I have to pay out of pocket that's just what I will do.

I'm glad that you are getting back on track. Its good to be able to see the success of the band first hand. I know no one personally that has been successful with the band. I've met people online, so I have to be the first for my people. I have friends that want it, and I pray that this time around I will be able to set the example.

I don't know if I would get a fill just yet. Are you on liquids for a day and then soft foods?

I can't believe I found this thread. I thought it was only meeeeeeeeee. I got my bad last october and only list about 30 lbs. Then gained ten. I lost twenty and Im ashamed to go back to the Dr for another full. I feel they're going to look at meeeeeeeeee and say hey...why are you still fat.

Please forgive my autocorrect. I truly can spell. I really can..lol.

I am very much of the belief that food eaten in the way I see myself and others who have ended up resorting to lapbands ect as an addiction. Just as debilitating and harmful to the individual and others.

Thank God I am not alone! I was banded Dec 2010. The PA in my doctors office would not give me a fill so after about 3 months post-op I found a new doctor. I got 2 fills with him and he decided to quit practice. Found a new doctor. Nurse was unable to access my port so after three tries (pain) she called in the doctor. He too had problems but was finally successful. Waited for a fill for a few months ( I was chicken) but finally went back and linked up with his ARNP. Wow, she is great. Fast forward to May 2012 , I had lost almost 85 total pounds but was diagnosed with breast cancer. The radiation oncologist required that I have Fluid taken out of my band. Gained 40 pounds. Now I am back getting fills. Had one day before yesterday and this is the first time I have really felt this much restriction. Awake most of last night with regurg. Please tell me this is worth it!!! This is day two of mindfull eating.