Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

Laurel I am so happy that you had such a nice mothers day. Mine too was very very nice. All my kids got together and took me to a family friends italian restaurant. We got treated so special and it was so nice to have the entire family together. I am been eating not so good things so its back on track this week. I see the doctor on Wednesday not sure if he will give me a fill or not.

China did you do anything special for mothers day.

Love you guys.

I am happy you had a nice mother's day too Rose. China, what did you do? Please know it gets better as the kids get older and can do more for you. I haven't really lost anything in the past two weeks. I need to schedule my next appointment for a fill. Hope everyone has a great day. Laurel

hi ladies,

well im glad everyone had a nice mothers day. mines was nice at first then went sour. my old man an i broke up after 15 years. and he moved out yesterday. im doing ok i guess. there's alittle funk there but, not really just angry at the situation. i went to the dr today for a check up and i lost 2lbs so im happy about that. well talk with ya later.

I was banded on December 17th (close enough I figure) and have only lost 20 pounds so far. Made it to 24-25 but have gained back 4 lbs over the last 8 weeks. I had my first fill at 6 weeks and then another after 6 more weeks. I have now had to wait almost 10 weeks for a fill. I hate it - I am hungry morning, noon, and night. It seems that no matter how hard I try to keep track of what I eat and make good choices - I am overeating. I have called the office three times to try and get in earlier but no chance. She switched me from doing the fill by fluoroscopy to just doing it in her office. I don't know how I am going to approach this but I want her to do a much larger fill if I am going to have to wait that long in between. This is insane!:thumbup:

Hello candy,

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time. I guess every doctor does things different. My doctor does it by need. I have had 4 fills and now have 6cc in my 10cc band and I have lost 29 lbs in 5 months. Its coming off alot slower for me than for other people but as long as it comes off. Sounds like you definately need a fill. You should not be getting hungry inbetween meals and are you making good food choices? Are you exercising at all? I am here to help please feel free to ask anything.

HUGGG for you CHINA I am sorry to hear about your breakup. But you are strong and will get through it. We are here for you. Be strong and stay focused and think positive. If you are up to it and would like to share what happened we are here for you. I also went through a terrible breakup about 6 years ago but was able to pick myself up and meet the man of my dreams. It can happen to you too. DONT SETTLE. You deserve to be happy. I am here for you.

thank you rose and you are so right about not settleing. i will talk with everyone later right now i just need to rest and get my thoughts together.

HUGGG for you CHINA I am sorry to hear about your breakup. But you are strong and will get through it. We are here for you. Be strong and stay focused and think positive. If you are up to it and would like to share what happened we are here for you. I also went through a terrible breakup about 6 years ago but was able to pick myself up and meet the man of my dreams. It can happen to you too. DONT SETTLE. You deserve to be happy. I am here for you.

China, my heart goes out to you. Stay strong for yourself. Everything will work out for you. Don't forgot Rose and I and the road we are all on together. We will all be much better in the end. We are all here for you. Have a great day. Laurel

Hello my sisters,

Well I had a fill today. He put in .5cc so now I have a total of 7cc in my 10cc band. The doctor was very happy I lost 6 lbs since my last visit. I asked him why I am losing so much slower than so many other people on this forum and others that I have met at the doctors office. He said it was because my BMI was not that high so I am going to lose at a much slower pace than people that have a higher BMI. He told me to patient and as long as the weight is coming off I should be happy. So I am going to try and stop comparing my weight loss to others and be happy with my own loss.

Hope your doing better China.

Laurel keep up the good work.

Rose

Congrats to you Rose. Your Doctor is right, the lower the BMI the slower the weight loss. After texting with China yesterday, I went for a walk and made an appointment to get a fill next week. She gave me some encouragement. You where so right about some better coming along for China. It is so hard to see when you are blue though. Thank goodness for this group. We all need each other. Have a great day. Laurel

hi all im here. Thank you so much for texting with me laurel i felt so much better and rose thank you for the concern. Im trying to hold my haed up and hang in there. Good job rose on the 6lbs. Keep up the good work everyone.

china, my heart goes out to you. Stay strong for yourself. Everything will work out for you. Don't forgot rose and i and the road we are all on together. We will all be much better in the end. We are all here for you. Have a great day. Laurel
congrats to you rose. Your doctor is right, the lower the bmi the slower the weight loss. After texting with china yesterday, i went for a walk and made an appointment to get a fill next week. She gave me some encouragement. You where so right about some better coming along for china. It is so hard to see when you are blue though. Thank goodness for this group. We all need each other. Have a great day. Laurel

Rose, thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I am making good choices and logging my food. There were some days I overate so I went and got some sugar free candy and stick that in my mouth instead of food. I also walk 1 mile at work and then me and my son just started bike riding again. I can't complain - it took me a year to lose 20 pounds before so I am happy and I took measurements and am definitely losing inches. Just wish it would go faster - but I have to remember - there is no magic pill and it didn't go on overnight and won't come off overnight either.

Thanks again!

Just becareful candy about eating too much sugar free candy. Atleast we are all going down on the scale. I have been guilty of not getting enough Water in. When it is hot outside I have no problem drinking. Now that we are back into spring weather, I am not drinking as much and find myself hungry. I am happy that we are all helping you China. We are all here for each other. Laurel

Hello, China, Laurel and candy

How is everyone doing? All is well with me. I am planning my daughter's (my baby) 21st birthday on May 24th. It started out as we are going to have a small party well its ended up to big large we are about 80 people now. She is going to be fun she has no idea its going to be so large. She is a really good girl I am very proud of her. She has overcome a serious eating disorder that started when she was 16 and is now in nursing school and on top of her class.

I have been so busy that I have not been working out but as soon as this party is over I am going to get back to working out everyday. I am looking forward to start swimming as the weather is getting hot.

Love you ladies.

Keep your head up China.

wecome candy glad to have you. an i totally agree about it not being a magic pill. i look at it like this it didn't take you a day or two to put it on its not gonna take that to got it off. and congradulation rose on the party. just get back in there and get the excerise in. and im so glad that the scale is moving for all of us. and laurel gotta get the Water in some how. maybe everyday try and add an extra bottle in until you get to were you wanna be. im drinking about 50-64oz a day i to am trying that till i get to 80ozs.

Rose, thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I am making good choices and logging my food. There were some days I overate so I went and got some sugar free candy and stick that in my mouth instead of food. I also walk 1 mile at work and then me and my son just started bike riding again. I can't complain - it took me a year to lose 20 pounds before so I am happy and I took measurements and am definitely losing inches. Just wish it would go faster - but I have to remember - there is no magic pill and it didn't go on overnight and won't come off overnight either.

Thanks again!

Just becareful Candy about eating too much sugar free candy. Atleast we are all going down on the scale. I have been guilty of not getting enough water in. When it is hot outside I have no problem drinking. Now that we are back into spring weather, I am not drinking as much and find myself hungry. I am happy that we are all helping you China. We are all here for each other. Laurel
Hello, China, Laurel and Candy

How is everyone doing? All is well with me. I am planning my daughter's (my baby) 21st birthday on May 24th. It started out as we are going to have a small party well its ended up to big large we are about 80 people now. She is going to be fun she has no idea its going to be so large. She is a really good girl I am very proud of her. She has overcome a serious eating disorder that started when she was 16 and is now in nursing school and on top of her class.

I have been so busy that I have not been working out but as soon as this party is over I am going to get back to working out everyday. I am looking forward to start swimming as the weather is getting hot.

Love you ladies.

Keep your head up China.