Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

hi all how is everyone doing me im hanging in there. well im posting an update.

spoke with laurel today and she wanted me to let everyone know here band slipped but, was able to be fixed. and she wanted me to let everyone know that if any thing happens to any of us dont waste ya time going to the er to call your dr first as the hospital really doesnt know what to do. she is doing fine just tired and sore.

so let send her our love and prays that she had a speedy recovery.:laugh::unsure: .

Hi everyone - glad to read about how you're all doing. I was also concerned about the pace of my loss, but I now see that i'm not the only one. I lost quite a bit before surgery and only 23 since - that was Dec 19th I think. Anyways I would still love to hear how others are doing... more news please! S

Hello ladies. I am still sore but feeling better everyday. I am off pain meds totally so I tire quickly. I am back to step one. liquid diet. Not fun at all the second time around. My band is empty but atleast I still have it. I really thought I was going to lose it. My best advice to you, if you get stuck and can't seem to release the pain. Call your Surgeon immediately. I am so lucky to still have my band. I am not going to push any band rules. I was throwing up for 2 straight days. That was not fun at all. Had I called the surgeon, I probably could stopped that the same day. A slipped band is the worst!!! Thank goodness the surgury isn't as bad as my port is fine. I hope you are all doing well and remember follow the rules!!! I don't want anyone to go through what I went through. Have a great day. Laurel

OMG I am so sorry to hear about everything that you have gone through Laurel. What exactly happened I think that we all need to learn so that we can try and avoid it happening. Did you eat something and it got stuck? I am sorry if I am being so nosey but I really want to know what you were feeling and how it all came about.

I also have had some drama. I was laid off from my job of 30 years. Business is very slow and it was very hard for my boss to do it but I knew he had too.

The next day I took my mother in law to the doctors and we found out that her colon cancer has spread to her liver and lungs so she is scheduled for surgery on 6/4. I guess everything happens for a reason I know will be taking care of my mother in law during this journey of hers. Its so sad to see our parents go through all this stuff. My mother has had 2 types of cancer and she currently lives with me and I care for her. So no its time for me to step up and do the same for my mother in law. She has no daughters, just 2 boys and my DH is so grateful that I will be taking care of her.

He knows that he now has to be sole money maker and we will try and cut where we can to make ends meet.

What a week and its only Wednesday.

Glad you are doing well China.

Love to all.

Rose

Is this our month of craziness for all of us? I was rushing to eat my lunch on Sat. I ate a piece of chicken which I didn't chew well enough. It got stuck. I threw up a couple of time and thought I was doing ok. Hubby and I were on our way to costco, I had to ask him to pull over and I threw up again. At costco, I threw up another 3 times. I thought I got everything up as I really didn't eat that much. But I was very uncomfortable, I figured if I just relaxed everything would get better. I did fall asleep and woke up around 11pm. Figure I would just drink some Water but no, It wouldn't stay down. By 6am sunday, I had a burning sensation in the middle of my chest. I made a huge mistake and asked hubby to take me to emergency room. With all this flu scare, I really thought I had the flu. They ended up doing a endoscopy in the emergency room. Never, ever let any who isn't famillar with a lapband do that. My doctor seems to feel like that made it slip. After that, they called my doctor even though I had given them all the information as I was admitted. They then transfered me to the hospital that I had the surgery. The doctor did come in and pull out all of my Fluid in my band but too late. It had already slipped. Thank goodness I had no damage inside and they where able to fix the band. I was in so much pain for 2 days. Please, I never want anyone else to have to go through what I did. Always call your lapband doctor first. We are all going to be stronger for what we just went through. Laurel

I am so glad that you are doing better Laurel. And thank you for giving us all that information I think that it will be very helpful for all of us. So did your original doctor that put the band in repair your band? Did you have to stay in the hospital for a few days? My doctor had told me that if anything ever happens that I am to call his office first because like you said so many ER rooms have no idea how to treat LB patients. It is pretty scary. Get well and stay strong.

Like you said its been a crazy week. Hopefully things will get better.

Rose

Yes my original surgeon fixed the band. I do all the follow-ups with them. I ended up 2 days in the hospital. I don't remember being told to make sure I call the doctor first. I will never forget it now and I plan on telling everyone I know banded about it. We will all get through our own issues and be all the stronger for it. Have a great day, Laurel

Thank you for all the information Laurel its good to know all this stuff. How are you doing? Are you feeling better and getting stronger? I am having a hard time getting my head out of the fog with all the bad stuff that has happened this week. Its just so weird not going to my office after 30 years. Its really scary times and I am having a hard time dealing with the job loss and illnesses that have stricken my family.

Well on a brighter note its my babies 21st birthday on Sunday and I am having a bbq for her with family and friends so I need to get into party mode. Its going to be tough but I have to do it for her.

Hope all is well with you China.

Love Rose

I'm doing good so far, go in for another fill in two weeks. I have stalled some in my weight loss. Since my lasy fill 2 months ago I've only had 2 experiences with food coming back up, both times I think I too big a bite and didn't chew well. :mad:

47 lbs down......... 35 to go.........:thumbup:

welcome teri glad to have you.

glad to see you back on-line laurel i was gonna call you the other day. but, thought it would be a good ideal to let you get your rest as i knew you were returning to work soon. glad to hear your feeling better.

rose im so sorry to hear about your job and mother-in law. that is so sweet that she has you to help her.

we as for me i seem to be going up and down. i know im not eating as much as i should. just not hungry these days. well most of the days. and i seem to be not happy with the band as i feel i should be lossing more than i am. but, im gone give it time. i go to the dr on tuesday. so i will leave it up to them on what i should do.

Hi everyone - glad to read about how you're all doing. I was also concerned about the pace of my loss, but I now see that i'm not the only one. I lost quite a bit before surgery and only 23 since - that was Dec 19th I think. Anyways I would still love to hear how others are doing... more news please! S
OMG I am so sorry to hear about everything that you have gone through Laurel. What exactly happened I think that we all need to learn so that we can try and avoid it happening. Did you eat something and it got stuck? I am sorry if I am being so nosey but I really want to know what you were feeling and how it all came about.

I also have had some drama. I was laid off from my job of 30 years. Business is very slow and it was very hard for my boss to do it but I knew he had too.

The next day I took my mother in law to the doctors and we found out that her colon cancer has spread to her liver and lungs so she is scheduled for surgery on 6/4. I guess everything happens for a reason I know will be taking care of my mother in law during this journey of hers. Its so sad to see our parents go through all this stuff. My mother has had 2 types of cancer and she currently lives with me and I care for her. So no its time for me to step up and do the same for my mother in law. She has no daughters, just 2 boys and my DH is so grateful that I will be taking care of her.

He knows that he now has to be sole money maker and we will try and cut where we can to make ends meet.

What a week and its only Wednesday.

Glad you are doing well China.

Love to all.

Rose

I'm doing good so far, go in for another fill in two weeks. I have stalled some in my weight loss. Since my lasy fill 2 months ago I've only had 2 experiences with food coming back up, both times I think I too big a bite and didn't chew well. :sad:

47 lbs down......... 35 to go.........:lol:

Well, I go back to work tomorrow. I kinda of wish I took a little more time off. Yesterday, I finally had some energy. I only have about 20 days of school left so I will have time to get some projects done after that. I do work in the summer but am not sure of what I am going to be doing yet. China, I haven't eaten at all in a week and haven't lost much either. Out bodies are in survivial mode it seems. I feel like I have lost though. Rose, stay strong and on tract. Welcome, teri. I can't wait until I can get back to excercise. I go to the Doctors on weds. Have a great day, Laurel

well i go to the dr tomorrow so i will post and let everyone know what happen.

Well, I go back to work tomorrow. I kinda of wish I took a little more time off. Yesterday, I finally had some energy. I only have about 20 days of school left so I will have time to get some projects done after that. I do work in the summer but am not sure of what I am going to be doing yet. China, I haven't eaten at all in a week and haven't lost much either. Out bodies are in survivial mode it seems. I feel like I have lost though. Rose, stay strong and on tract. Welcome, teri. I can't wait until I can get back to excercise. I go to the Doctors on weds. Have a great day, Laurel

well im down 3 more lbs. and i didn't get a fill. and im ok with that as i didn't think i needed one at this moment. and good luck laurel i know you have lost. oh i did speak with the dietion as the dr said im not eating enough. so i guess i to am starting over but from solids. well good luck all and keep up the good work.:blush:

How did you make out China? I go back to the doctor's tomorrow. Laurel

China, you do have to eat more. I went to doctor's today, I was really lucky that I had no swelling inside at all. That is the only reason they where able to save my band. I lost 8lbs since last visit. But being I haven't eaten solid food in a 1 1/2 weeks, I thought it might have been a little more. I can start slowly begining to eat again. How are you doing Rose? Hope everyone has a great day. Laurel