Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hey DELIVERED and the rest of your recommits out there. How are you doing on your three item list? So, far I've done all three, since I started again. Are you ready for a laugh? I just ate spicy chicken and vegetables and it was so spicy, but I'm sitting hear with my mouth and lips burning instead of getting a drink. NO MORE CHEATING FOR THIS GIRL. And the added benefit is from 7/7/09 to today I've lost a whopping 6.2 Pounds. Wheeew!!!!!! Thank one and all for their recommit support. I'm waiting to hear all your good reports.:tongue_smilie:

ok, so i just had to share because i am very excited. now first of all, i'm not sure about everyone else but when i post my weight loss on my ticker i count EVERY single pound starting from the day i walked my 280lb bodacious body into my 1st lapband appointment. so this morning i get on the scale and it says 189, and i swear i get off and get back on again like 3 times, 189, 189, 189. i almost had a heart attack! i mean i am no where near being done with my weight loss but to be 9lbs away from losing 100lbs was and still is a total mindf* (excuse my language, but no other excalmitory phrase would do). it's like i can see the forrest through the trees. i am just so excited. i just had to share!!!

Congratulations...that's wonderful news that you have almost reached a major milestone of 100 lbs. :confused:

Hey Guys...

This is all it took! The scale moved and I lost 3 lbs. in less than a week and I hadn't been losing but approximately 1 lb per week.

I am still not getting in all of my Water, but I am making a sincere effort to get my 10,000 steps in per day and not eating slider foods.

I can't wait to hear from everyone else!

Keep up the good work because we are worth it!

I am getting more Water in, and eating right. I just haven't been to the gym in a while. I'm spending alot of time at my desk working, and I am having to change gyms. The one I was going to is closing this month. But I am getting back on track! I've lost 1-1/2 lbs since I got back from vacation 2 weeks ago, so I'm not complaining.

I also revised my goal weight up by 10 lbs. I finally stood in front of the full length mirror and made an honest assessment of my body. This is NOT easy to do. I weighed 125 back before babies and life happened, and I looked good then. I just don't think I'll look good at that weight now.My body is shaped different and I think it will be hard to maintain that weight. Does that make sense?

Everybody keep at it! Rest if you must, but never quit!!!

Hey Glammaw, Fluff and Delivered~ thanks to you all for the thumbs up. It really means alot to me to have a forum like this to share major things about my weight loss journey. Smooches to all:wub:

ok, so i just had to share because i am very excited. now first of all, i'm not sure about everyone else but when i post my weight loss on my ticker i count EVERY single pound starting from the day i walked my 280lb bodacious body into my 1st lapband appointment. so this morning i get on the scale and it says 189, and i swear i get off and get back on again like 3 times, 189, 189, 189. i almost had a heart attack! i mean i am no where near being done with my weight loss but to be 9lbs away from losing 100lbs was and still is a total mindf* (excuse my language, but no other excalmitory phrase would do). it's like i can see the forrest through the trees. i am just so excited. i just had to share!!!

Woohoo!!!!!!!! Looks like you may have to do some drastic altering to that dress!!

I am getting more Water in, and eating right. I just haven't been to the gym in a while. I'm spending alot of time at my desk working, and I am having to change gyms. The one I was going to is closing this month. But I am getting back on track! I've lost 1-1/2 lbs since I got back from vacation 2 weeks ago, so I'm not complaining.

I also revised my goal weight up by 10 lbs. I finally stood in front of the full length mirror and made an honest assessment of my body. This is NOT easy to do. I weighed 125 back before babies and life happened, and I looked good then. I just don't think I'll look good at that weight now.My body is shaped different and I think it will be hard to maintain that weight. Does that make sense?

Everybody keep at it! Rest if you must, but never quit!!!

Yes, of course it does!! I, on the other hand, need to lower my goal if i ever get there!

Yes, of course it does!! I, on the other hand, need to lower my goal if i ever get there!

Ok, I see many of you getting serious this month about your weight loss. I need to join in. I was doing fine up until this month, losing a bit every single week and never having to relose a single pound. I went to CO on the 4th for 5 days and gained back close to 2 pounds. I ate things that have not touched my mouth since surgery or much longer!! I have had some stress lately (isn't that an excuse for eating with lots of us?). I have some gyno problems and have been referred to an oncologist.

I have a question. Does anyone know if we need to get unfilled to have a hysterectomy or any effects such a surgery will have on our band or things we might need to do differently??

I have had some stress lately (isn't that an excuse for eating with lots of us?). I have some gyno problems and have been referred to an oncologist.

I have a question. Does anyone know if we need to get unfilled to have a hysterectomy or any effects such a surgery will have on our band or things we might need to do differently??

First of all, I hate to hear you're having problems, but I can also say I've "been there, done that"! Stay positive! Attitude is everything right now. Don't worry until there is something to worry about, and then, only if worrying will change it!!!

Ask your doctors' opinion on the unfill. For myself, I would have an unfill before surgery simply because I almost always have LOTS of nausea. I got seasick on a recent fishing trip, and could NOT throw up to save my life. It hurt so bad. But, if you're not prone to nausea after anesthesia, then you may not need the unfill. Again, talk to your doctors. I wish you all the best.

First of all, I hate to hear you're having problems, but I can also say I've "been there, done that"! Stay positive! Attitude is everything right now. Don't worry until there is something to worry about, and then, only if worrying will change it!!!

Ask your doctors' opinion on the unfill. For myself, I would have an unfill before surgery simply because I almost always have LOTS of nausea. I got seasick on a recent fishing trip, and could NOT throw up to save my life. It hurt so bad. But, if you're not prone to nausea after anesthesia, then you may not need the unfill. Again, talk to your doctors. I wish you all the best.

Thanks! I was very upset initially, but now I'm trying not to worry about it. I do not usually have a problem with nausea. I have an app. for a fill on Wed and will ask then. I suppose the ultimate diagnosis would determine any changes necessary with the band. I guess abdominal surgery does not mess with the port or anything?

It was funny. My spinal surgeon took x-rays last week and asked "what's that coil in there?" I had forgotten all about the band and looked at him like he was crazy since I have never had any spinal surgery yet. Then I looked at the x-ray and realized he was talking about the port!! He said he had never seen it before.

JMS, I had an endometrial ablation a few months ago, and while it is not really surgery (just outpatient) I had no trouble with the band, although make SURE you get any pain meds they give you for afterward in liquid form, it'd suck to get home with pills and be unable to take them! As far as not having the TOM no problems there either, but I do notice I am tighter when it wouldve been that time. Good luck, we'll be thinking of you!

Hi everyone. I am working on my "needs" and I am drinking more but not 64 yet. I am not eating the slider foods and I am not drinking with meals, although some chicken came back up today it was so dry. I am giving up on grilled chicken! No real weightloss yet, but it will come. Can't wait to see my surgeon for a fill on Wednesday, although he won't be nice because I haven't lost more weight. I always dread seeing him, because he says to completely give up he carbs. If I could do that, I would not have needed the band!!! Send up some prayers for me that I either lose a little more weight by Wednesday or the doctor is in a good mood and takes it easy on me. All on this journey are in my prayers nightly :)

I havent been on this forum in a long time. I am 7 months pregnant so I was discouraged about the whole thing. Im glad to see everyone is doing so well. My baby is due on September 21, 2009 and I cant wait to get back to the gym after that. The good thing is I havent gained 1 pound. And the baby is growing just fine.....so I guess there is light at the end.....

Edited by mahupetesc

I havent been on this forum in a long time. I am 7 months pregnant so I was discouraged about the whole thing. Im glad to see everyone is doing so well. My baby is due on September 21, 2009 and I cant wait to get back to the gym after that. The good thing is I havent gained 1 pound. And the baby is growing just fine.....so I guess there is light at the end.....

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know it must be reassuring to know that you have a tool to help you lose the weight when it's time.