Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Wannabeskinnyb,

I was told the same thing...that since my BMI was lower, I would lose at a slower pace. I had my surgery on Nov. 20th at 213 lbs., and I am currently fluctuating between 196 and 199 lbs. I am going to strive for the next two weeks to get to my 20 lbs. mark of 193! For some reason, my doctor did not require that I do the pre-op diet and I wish I had. Although I get frustrated at times, I am glad that I had the surgery because I was once able to gain up to 10 lbs. in a week or two. Now, even when I overeat, the scale only goes up a pound or two.

I am cheering for you. Please know that I definitely know how you feel and I have had those same thoughts that you're expressing now.

You're doing WW and I am doing the pre-op diet that I should have done before my surgery.

Let's keep each other encouraged. How tall are you? I am 5 feet 4.5 inches. Also what size do you wear? Have you taken your measurements yet?

Take care,

Delivered

Please help!

How do I add the weight loss ticker to my signature?

Thanks in advance!

Delivered

I figured out how to update my signature!

Delivered

Banded Peeps,

I recieved my 3rd fill 2-27 09 for a total of 7cc in a 14cc band. Finally got restriction. Lots of it. I also was able to finally break my 6 week plateau and lost another 5 pounds! Hang in there. This is great. I don't feel hungry and boy does the band limit my intake. I was getting concerned, like some others, that it would not work and was becoming quite discouraged. No more.

Steve

Pre-band /started pre-op diet ~247lbs

Banded w/1.5cc 11-24-08 237lbs

1st fill Jan 6 - 2cc 220lbs

2nd fill Jan 30 - 2cc 220lbs

3rd fill Feb 27 - 1.5cc 220

CURRENTLY 215LBS! :confused::)

Where do you buy the lattes you mentioned? I bought no name brand of meal replacemnet shakes when I couldnt keep down food to keep up my calories. They are gross.

I go to starbucks a few times a week and get the skinny vanilla latte with Protein added.

Had my upper GI for possible slippage and dr. says everything looks good. Now, hopefully I will get my second fill on Tuesday. If not, then a week from Tuesday. Some November bandsters have had three or more fills by now and I am sure that makes a big difference in the amount of restriction. I have only had one fill and I have no restriction. I am really hoping that the next one will kick in and give me some help. I see that some bandsters are having an easier time of it and that makes it much easier to stay positive. A good dose of "I know it's hard, but you can do it" goes a lot further than criticism. I didn't expect my band to be a miracle, just a tool to help with the hunger. I do my best to eat right. I exercise 5 times per week and I am doing my part....no quick fix expected. But, some help was and is expected. For now, I am doing it on my own.

You have done very well for doing it on your own!! I was fortunate to feel restriction from day one from the small fill put in when the band was placed. That, and I wonder if maybe getting the small band helped because it was tight at first?? I'm not sure, but I always felt some restriction and know it must be very frustrating to feel none. I know I never had any problems eating as far as the pressure or things getting stuck or having to be as careful until after my second fill. So, hopefully you too will notice a big difference and it will be easier for you. Still, congratulations for the big loss you have accomplished! You have nothing to be discouraged about in that respect!! As soon as you have the band's help, the weight will fall off of you!

Good Morning Everyone! Well it's been a week to the day since my third fill and since my Love Affair began with my band. I am happy to report that the initial restriction that I felt is still there...BOY is it there. In the last week I have had to revisit my relationship with carbs and have decided that we have to break up. Its over, we are done! Not because I dont love them anymore, becasue God knows I do, but my band....my band cant stand them! I can eat them but they are soooooo uncomfortable going down that they are really turning me off right now! They are like an ex boyfriend, you know the one, the ex that you see from time to time, he looks good and you think, lets give this one more try, and then BOOM BAM, still the same jerk...Well thats how it is with me and carbs. I see them, I want them, and I think just one little bite can't hurt...so I eat them, and no sooner than 3 seconds after I swallow them BOOMBAM, STUCK, OUCH!!! ARGH!!!! Bad idea. I am ashamed to say that like going back with the exboyfrined more than once, I tried to eat the carbs more than once. But I have learned my lesson(with both).

Limited carb comsumption aside, I made better food choices and I really have to chew chew chew or everything gets stuck. So I eat slower, eat less and get full quicker. Last monday at my fill my home scale read 229 this morning it read 224. I am a happy girl.

Delivered and Wanna B~ I am hoping that you guys...that everybody finds the ever so elusive sweet spot!

Edited by ddgalarza

So, what does everyone else eat???

Well, I get up at 4:30am every day (long commute!) so I have a Protein Shake on my way in to work and use that and some Water or Crystal Light to take my Vitamins while on the way. Then, about 7:00am I have 2 turkey sausage patties (about 1 oz each) and one scrambled egg. Sometimes 2 when i'm really hungry like today! then nothing but water and Crystal Light until 12:30pm when I have lunch. Usually a sandwich sans bread. I always order a ham or turkey sandwich with lots of veggies. It's good lean meat and tastes great, too! I toss the bread though. (I tried to order a sandwich with no bread once! Wish i'd have had a video cam I would have won AFV for sure!!!) Then an Atkins Protein snack bar while driving home about 4pm. dinner is about 6:30 - 7:00 and is always only meat and veggies. I do tend to eat the meat first, but by habit, not design. When I total up the calories for the day it's normally about 700 - 800 total for everything. Sometimes pushing 900 but not normally. Now i'm wondering if what everyone is saying is my problem. I've plateaued and don't know why, but it might be because i'm not getting enough! I'm going to try the Tbs of Peanut Butter in the evening and see if that helps!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! I'm only 6 lbs away from my 200 goal and it's the slowest, most frustrating 6 lbs so far!!!!

Edited by TklMeSkinny

A no carb diet can consist of an egg beater & cheese omelet for any meal, ground turkey chili made with cooked veggies, red-fat cheese sticks for Snacks, fish, shellfish, sauteed steak or chicken with veggies etc..., Those make really great meals and I should be doing that more often as well.

Exactly, I usually drink a glass of Water first thing in the morning followed by a Protein Shake or if I have time I will make eggs with some shredded cheese. lunch is usually tuna, turkey or roastbeef and 1/4 of an apple. For dinner I usually have chicken, steak or fish with a serving of green Beans or a small salad. No carbs meaning no starchy carbs...Potatoes, bread, corn etc. But like I said one day a week I allow myself to have those things just not in excess...I like to call this day "free day", it gives me something to look forward to. Also, if I am particularly hungry one day I might throw in a couple cheese sticks. It definitely hasn't been easy but I sure am not starving! Thanks to me ol' band. Once 75 percent of the weight is off then I can start incorporating the starchy carbs back in. The carbs I believe from what I remember are used to help maintain your final weight. More carbs= lose less...Less carbs=lose more.

This diet sure isn't breath friendly either:eek:...but if I have bad breath then I know I am doing what I should be doing. My kids sure don't like it though...Mom you stink! I chew alot of sugar free gum so I can still get kisses!:)

I go for my second fill tomorrow and boy do I sure need it...have been losing the same two lbs for a couple of weeks. :biggrin:

Wannabeskinnyb,

I was told the same thing...that since my BMI was lower, I would lose at a slower pace. I had my surgery on Nov. 20th at 213 lbs., and I am currently fluctuating between 196 and 199 lbs. Let's keep each other encouraged. How tall are you? I am 5 feet 4.5 inches. Also what size do you wear? Have you taken your measurements yet? Take care, Delivered

I am 5'2" and wear a 14. Have not lost any inches either.

WannaB....are you drinking enough Water? That's imperative for flushing the fat out. My trainer says 96 ozs a day and an additional 8 oz for every 25 lbs you are overweight. That means I need to be drinking about 120 ozs a day, and I know if I achieve that, I am lighter the next day....but boy is it hard to get that much water in.

I havent been on here in Forever bcz I was really frustrated , I still have NOT gotten a fill ! I have another appt this thursday and informing my doc that I my hunger is increasing ! Am I the only one that hasnt gotten a fill yet??

I am so jealous of everyone losing so much weight :biggrin: oh well i will slowly get there!

I am still happy with my band though !

Edited by Marisol

I havent been on here in Forever bcz I was really frustrated , I still have NOT gotten a fill ! I have another appt this thursday and informing my doc that I my hunger is increasing ! Am I the only one that hasnt gotten a fill yet??

I am so jealous of everyone losing so much weight :biggrin: oh well i will slowly get there!

I am still happy with my band though !

That is wonderful you have lost 20 pounds. I have had 6 fills and still not where you are. So don't get jealous. Your doing great.