Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters Nov 17-21

Hi lcwils01

For sure you are being tested but you do have 26 lbs gone forever.

Looks like you may have your first fill by now. Call that Doctor of yours back now and schedule your second and third fills thats what I did so they wont put them off to longer times.

Good luck you can do it this time right.

My second fill is scheduled, but unfortunately my doctor will only do a fill every 8 weeks. Next one is 3/18. I am back home now....power came on yesterday, so I am trying to do better. Still no food in the house, since everything was thrown out due to the power outage. That's one way to clear out all of the bad stuff. Going to the grocery after work....any ideas for high Protein meals and/or Snacks to get me back on track. Thanks for the support. When you are struggling, it makes all the difference.

Good morning Bandsters!

Checking in after a somewhat long absence...I'm doing okay. Not a lot of loss on the scale, but I am getting smaller because my size in clothes has changed. I'm down two jean sizes and loving that.

I didn't exercise a lot in January, but I'm doing better in February. I have been walking again at work and my hubby recently brought home a rowing machine (he does maintenance on the machines at a gym and they were getting rid of three machines). I'm hoping that more exercise and watching what I eat more carefully will get me started on the losing track again.

I got my first fill on Jan 5th, and felt restriction for about a week, but then it "loosened" and my restriction was gone. I've been struggling a bit since then - but a couple of days ago, I pb'ed two days in a row on food that never caused me a problem before. I read somewhere that fills can take a bit to "catch up" with you, and I'm hoping that now I'll feel more restriction and be able to get the weight off.

Hang in there, everyone - we are going to make it through this! I have a special occasion coming up at the end of this month - a special date night with me and my hubby, and I have a new outfit that's a bit tight right now, but I'm planning to wear that night.

I'll report back and let ya'll know how I'm doing, but it's my own personal mini-challenge for February!:bananalama:

I go the 17th of Feb. for my second fill, and was actually glad to hear that Beth from VA was feeling hungrier after her first fill. I was to the point that I was about to taste the dog food. I keep no junk in my house so that was the most tempting thing I had. The last 2 weeks I've gained 6 pounds, thanks to the Dr's suggestion of eat more often and small meals. I am always hungry. HELP!!!

I know we were all banded around the same time, so I need some help. I have had a horrible stomach virus twice in the past three months, since being banded. This past time, I know I vomited more than my pouch should be able to hold. My husband agrees. I called the dr. and the receptionist scheduled me to see him on Tuesday to be checked. He will probably send me for tests and won't give me a fill. He may take some out, although i have only had one fill. I don't know whether to cancel the appt. or go see him. I have a fill scheduled for 3/18 and I really, really need it. What should I do? I am not in any pain, just worried about actually vomiting. The dr. said originally that we could only vomit what was recently in our stomach. Go to the dr or don't go...what would you do?

I know we were all banded around the same time, so I need some help. I have had a horrible stomach virus twice in the past three months, since being banded. This past time, I know I vomited more than my pouch should be able to hold. My husband agrees. I called the dr. and the receptionist scheduled me to see him on Tuesday to be checked. He will probably send me for tests and won't give me a fill. He may take some out, although i have only had one fill. I don't know whether to cancel the appt. or go see him. I have a fill scheduled for 3/18 and I really, really need it. What should I do? I am not in any pain, just worried about actually vomiting. The dr. said originally that we could only vomit what was recently in our stomach. Go to the dr or don't go...what would you do?

I personally would go if all checks out well. Maybe he can do a fill for you right then in there so you don't have to come back on the 18th. Keep us posted:biggrin:

I wasn't just hungry, I was ravenous. I called them and said the dog was looking tasty, how soon could they get me in. :rolleyes:

Beth that is hillarious .. did you get your fill yet?

Thanks, Heather. I just talked to the nurse in my surgeon's office and she said to keep the appt and he may do a fill if everything is okay. Worst case, I would have to come back on the 18th for a fill of 2 cc. She did talk to me for a good while and I feel better about it all. She says with the Realize band, slippage is very rare. So, I will go in on Tuesday and cross your fingers everything will be okay and I will get a fill.

Heather, you are always so positive and I appreciate that.

Where is Gentylwind? Haven't seen her on here for awhile?

I was at my Doctors just last week for a fill. I asked him that very same question, what should I do if I got sick with the flue and vomit a lot? We told me that any time I should do a lot of vomiting that I should call them and be checked it could be a cause of damage to the stomack.

Wish you the best of luck

Well, I saw my surgeon today and while he doesn't think I have slippage, he is sending me for an upper GI to be sure. I have had a stomach virus twice, with lots of vomiting. So, no fill until after the xray. Hopefully, no slippage or other problems so I can get my second fill soon. Keep good thoughts for me!

Well, I saw my surgeon today and while he doesn't think I have slippage, he is sending me for an upper GI to be sure. I have had a stomach virus twice, with lots of vomiting. So, no fill until after the xray. Hopefully, no slippage or other problems so I can get my second fill soon. Keep good thoughts for me!

My Fingers are crossed for you keep us updated!!

Thanks, Heather. BTW, anyone else on no carb diet. My dr. says NO carbs and it seems very nearly impossible. Everything has carbs, even milk. I need suggestions for web pages, books, recipes, etc. Anyone doing low or no carbs?

Hi Guys...its been a long time! Just wanted to jump in here quick and say hello.

AllThingsArePossible: Sorry about your stomache virus...its pretty scary now that we are banded, to have to vomit for any reason, especially for a virus...I've had a couple of "stuck" situations that were just horrible and had to vomit and was SO afraid to, so I can only imagine what you must have went through...I hope you are feeling better now and can get your 2nd fill soon! I was doing the South Beach Diet for some time last year...the first couple of weeks are hard but then it gets easier...but there are some carbs to this diet, just not a lot...maybe you could look into that?

You guys are all doing really well, very proud of you! My weight loss from January through most of February consisted of losing and gaining the same 2-3lbs...it was so frustrating! Then I got my 2nd fill on Feb. 8th and doing much better now...down 7lbs since that fill so I'm finally seeing the scale move again...now I just have to move my a-- and start exercising more!!!

Keep up the great work, everyone!!!

Thanks Cappy! Hoping to get my second fill tomorrow, since my band isn't slipping. I am really hoping this second fill will kick in and give me some help. The past 14 weeks have been hard, but I can do it. I just set my expectations too high and then was disappointed when I didn't meet them. I didn't want gastric bypass, although the weightloss was quicker. I chose the band, so slow she goes! I am hesitant to see my doctor tomorrow, because he makes me feel bad about myself, but I will be glad to get another fill. Keep up the good work!:rolleyes: