Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters Nov 17-21

It's tough for al of us this week is PMS week and I have it awfull the sweets part of it is down right tough!! Mydaughter is hoem from College and what did I come home to chocolate CHIP Cookies!!! I told her to take those darn things and Hide them in her room and if I ask for one slap me!!!

I went today for my first fill. My surgery was 11/21 and today was my first fill. Well, he couldn't find the spot, after two looooong tries and said I will have to come back and have it done under fluoroscopy. I am so discouraged. I have waited longer than most anyone and now at least another week to two week delay. It has been a struggle all through the holidays and now this. I need to know if anyone else has experienced this and I need some encouragement. At this point, I am ready to give up. Help me, please, someone.

I went today for my first fill. My surgery was 11/21 and today was my first fill. Well, he couldn't find the spot, after two looooong tries and said I will have to come back and have it done under fluoroscopy. I am so discouraged. I have waited longer than most anyone and now at least another week to two week delay. It has been a struggle all through the holidays and now this. I need to know if anyone else has experienced this and I need some encouragement. At this point, I am ready to give up. Help me, please, someone.

I haven't been through this, but I can offer encouragement. You can hold out just a little bit longer. It'll all be worth it in the long run. Maybe he can get you in quick...?

Thanks, I know it is just a short derailment. I see you have had two fills and we had surgery the same day. Are you doing okay with the last fill? Did they do your first fill under fluoroscopy? They hope to schedule me for the 20th or 27th at the hospital. I just thought the band would give me more help and weightloss would be more, sooner.

Thanks, I know it is just a short derailment. I see you have had two fills and we had surgery the same day. Are you doing okay with the last fill? Did they do your first fill under fluoroscopy? They hope to schedule me for the 20th or 27th at the hospital. I just thought the band would give me more help and weightloss would be more, sooner.

I noticed we were banded the same day too.

My first fill was under fluro. However, because I didn't know what to feel for, I thought I was feeling Water going down slower than it probably was, so my doc did a very TEENY fill. I have to tell you, after that, I was hungrier than I had been through this whole thing, including the week-long liquid pre-op! :) I was freakin' starving for two weeks. Hence the second fill yesterday.

So he told me yesterday he wasn't surprised I was in so soon, that he put so much in and kept taking out then because I said I could feel the water going down slowly. He figured, okay, he didn't want me to be uncomfortable.

This time he gave me a more aggressive fill, about where he figured I should be after two normal fills. So far not so bad, even though I am still on liquids, then mushies tomorrow and Thursday.

I'm soooo Sorry:eek: I would call the office and beg for the Fluroscopy be done ASAP!! My dr. did the 1st fill this way. I had my second one yesterday and I had to do two crunches and a little poking to find the port but he got. Thanks be to god that he gave me novicaine first. You have done so well through the holiday and you can get through the next couple days. My fingers are crossed for you .. keep us posted.:)

Thanks Heather. /they have to do fluoroscopy at the hospital, so it has to be scheduled. They can't get me in any sooner than the 20th or 27th. And, I have to wait 8 weeks in between fills. So, it feels like I am on the slow train for weightloss. Being stuck twice didn't help and now I get to go through it again. I sure hope I get restriction after I finally get the fill. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Beth, glad you are doing well now. My dr. will give me 4 ccs when he does fill me. But, I have to wait 8 weeks between fills. So, once I get my first fill, I hope I get restriction, or it will be two months before I get to have another one. Hold good thoughts for me, please.

Thanks Heather. /they have to do fluoroscopy at the hospital, so it has to be scheduled. They can't get me in any sooner than the 20th or 27th. And, I have to wait 8 weeks in between fills. So, it feels like I am on the slow train for weightloss. Being stuck twice didn't help and now I get to go through it again. I sure hope I get restriction after I finally get the fill. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Hopefully he can be aggressive with the fill so it will really hold you!!! Good luck

Hi just checking in on our group

Doing well still running mostly on will power no restriction that I can detect.

My port is located in the center of my belly at the top very easy to feel and find. My doctor has given me two fills, got it both times with very little pain.

Have 4.5 cc in a 10 cc Band next scheduled fill Feb. 18

I still weigh and record all food and liquid seams to be working for me.

Wish us all good luck in are journey to good health.

Hi just checking in on our group

Doing well still running mostly on will power no restriction that I can detect.

My port is located in the center of my belly at the top very easy to feel and find. My doctor has given me two fills, got it both times with very little pain.

Have 4.5 cc in a 10 cc Band next scheduled fill Feb. 18

I still weigh and record all food and liquid seams to be working for me.

Wish us all good luck in are journey to good health.

Your weight loss is incrediable 60lbs that is soem will power keep up the good work!!!

Hi. I thought this was funny and how most of us feel in January. I'm still hanging in.....I will finally get my first fill under fluoro on 1/20 at 8:30 a.m. Come on restriction!

Twas The Month After Christmas

Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,

Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.

The Cookies I'd nibbled,

the chocolate I'd taste

At the holiday parties

had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales

there arose such a number!

When I walked to the store

(less a walk than a lumber),

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;

The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese

And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt

And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...

I said to myself, as I only can,

"You can't spend a winter, disguised as a man!"

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.

Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished

Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.

I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.

I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...

But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.

I had surgery November 17 and I still have not had a fill. My Dr. waits 12 weeks. I have my appointment tomorrow. I hope this will kick start me again as I am at a stand still right now.

Wow, I am SO glad my doc doesn't wait that long! I was banded the 21st and will be getting my third fill on the 16th of this month.

You may or may not notice anything after the first fill. I actually got hungrier; but then again, he only put in a teeny fill because I thought I was feeling restriction. I had a hard time knowing what felt right.

My dr. makes you wait 8 weeks between fills. Surgery was 11/21 and fill was 1/20. I am at a standstill as well. No weightloss happening. I am exercising, but may not be getting in all of my calories or all of my Protein. We have been without power for a week and it is hard to do everything you need to do when you are away from home. Thank God, we are at my son's house, but everything is just out of sorts. I love beng with my grandchildren, but I need to get back to taking care of me. I have never been good at that. I will take care of anyone in the world before myself. Maybe my power will be on today, although it snowed another 3 inches, so who knows. Good luck with your fill!

My dr. makes you wait 8 weeks between fills. Surgery was 11/21 and fill was 1/20. I am at a standstill as well. No weightloss happening. I am exercising, but may not be getting in all of my calories or all of my Protein. We have been without power for a week and it is hard to do everything you need to do when you are away from home. Thank God, we are at my son's house, but everything is just out of sorts. I love beng with my grandchildren, but I need to get back to taking care of me. I have never been good at that. I will take care of anyone in the world before myself. Maybe my power will be on today, although it snowed another 3 inches, so who knows. Good luck with your fill!

Wow, you're really being put through a test! :(

I too pray you get to go home soon. I know it is MUCH easier to keep with a program if you have some consistency in your life. I am that way too.