Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters Nov 17-21

I too had a little diarehhea problem on my 4th day after surgery. It went away on its own though. I have read here you can take ammodium ad if you like. You are probably tired due to not eating anything. I had to do this 2 weeks prior surgery and now 2 weeks after surgery, so I know how you are feeling. I don't have the energy to walk walk walk. i do get up and walk I shower and I lay in bed propped up on 4 pillows. I know this will get better I just look forward to the day i can eat something other than Jello, broth, water!!!

Thank you so much for replying. I'll try that. At first I couldn't go at all, now I can't stop. Very appreciative of the advice!

Hi all, I was banded on the 17th. The first four days I did nothing but basically sleep. I was too sore to do anything else. I'm disappointed because I expected to bounce back quicker than I have, meaning more time off of work. Now I'm having a new problem that started yesterday...constant diarrhea...ugh...Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I can't seem to get my energy back. I feel so lethargic, that even short walks make my legs shake.< /div>

Some people don't rebound from the anesthesia very quickly. It's probably what you're experiencing, along with fatigue from probably not eating much.

I was banded the 21st. I came home about 9pm on the 22nd, and almost all I did yesterday was sleep. And I was VERY sore. Then again, I barely slept a wink in the more than 24 hours I was at the hospital, but realize everybody recovers differently just like everybody loses differently.

Hi all, I was banded on the 17th. The first four days I did nothing but basically sleep. I was too sore to do anything else. I'm disappointed because I expected to bounce back quicker than I have, meaning more time off of work. Now I'm having a new problem that started yesterday...constant diarrhea...ugh...Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I can't seem to get my energy back. I feel so lethargic, that even short walks make my legs shake.

weight.png

I know what you are saying! I am ready to send someone out to get me Depends!!! This is terrible. It seem sas though a few minutes after anything goes in it starts coming out!!!! I was banded on Friday the 21st and am on Glucerna, Jello, broth, Water for the next 2-3 weeks. Hoping it is just the diet that is causing this and that this will get better. Otherwise I am feeling pretty good.

I had some diarrhea yesterday (day 2, I was banded on the 21st). Not too bad since then. Definitely not having to make any mad dashes for the bathroom. I went to the mall for three hours today, got me walking, did a little Christmas shopping. I have been tired, but not overly so. I will probably go back to work tomorow for a half day. I have not needed my narcotics today until I got back from the mall, having some shoulder pain from the abdominal gas. All in all I feel like I have really done amazing compared to most I read about here, and I am grateful. I even had a sneeze attack this morning and it didn't hurt any of my incisions.

I am on full liquids for two weeks, then on to mushies. I can barely get anything in..I do okay sipping clear fluids, but if I go to creamed Soup or FF pudding, two or three bites is all I can handle before I get uncomfortable. The scale is moving downward nicely. :blush:

Fifth day post op and looking back on the first 3 days post op. Did not realize how bad Surgery beat me up, My belly is black and blue from my 6 new holes, one belly button hernia repaired, my port in the center just below the breast bone, one just to my right of it about 2 inches, and the others are all on my left side. I find something really strange from the 1st night the most comfortable position to sleep was on my left side pillow at back right on all those holes. Not even able to turn on my right side even today it’s like the doctor used my right side as a punching bag during Surgery. Sure don’t think much of this liquid diet; yes I know its required but what the heck think I’ve lost 9 lbs since Surgery wont says for sure till Wednesday staple removal day and Doctors scales.< /span>

From what I can tell, no bruising yet. Then again, I haven't taken the bandages off yet. Yep, not shower since Friday. YUK! I'll take one tomorrow and see how everything looks.

Day four here. I am pretty bruised up, bit it is getting better, starting to turn that ugly yellow that signals healing. I think three of my incision are already healed, including the one in my navel.

I am back at work today, a little worn out but nothing too bad. Apparently my colon has woke up though...been in the potty four times since getting here. Lovely.

The scale continues to move downward and I am happy with my progress. I am starting to definitely get HUNGRY, but all it takes is something with some Protein in it to fill me up for a nice long time, even though its still just liquids. I have my postop the Monday after Thanksgiving and my first fill three weeks after that.

Hi all,

I took my tapes off today. I didn't have the steristrips, but the wide clear tapes (almost like packing tape...weird!). I have 5 incisions, 4 of them very small and one about 2 inches wide. Luckily, I haven't had much pain with them. I get to take a full bath later and am very excited about that.

I am having gas pain still, but not necessarily the air from surgery...the digestion seems to be kicking in some overtime. I have been on a heating pad off and on and that seems to help me relax enough to let things resolve themselves, if you know what I mean. The family is staying clear of me!

I had such a hard time getting up and around from the anesthesia that I did not take any of the prescribed painkillers. I was afraid they would make me even more nauseous than I was before. I have only been taking Tylenol and that is 'mostly' helping.

Off for the bath! Woo hoo! :)

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted here in a while...hope everyone is recovering well! How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Was it as rough for you as it was for me? I'm starting to get my hunger back and the smell of all that good food was a bit hard to take....but I got through it, just had some broth! It felt great knowing that I didn't gain any weight, which is usually what happens!

Its been 5 days that my weight has stalled....I know, this is the healing time and shouldn't worry about weight loss...it still sucks! Is everyone exercising? I haven't started yet, part of my house is under renovation and I can't get to my elliptical machine...but today is a new day and I'm going to get to the gym....they have babysitting there, going to bring the kiddies and "try" not to worry about how "clean" the room is....I'm a bit of a freak, the thought of all the germs in that room makes me cringe...but its NO EXCUSE ! Momma needs to exercise...LOL!

Hope everyone is feeling great and slowly getting back to themselves!

I can't believe it, but still no bruising! The only thing I got was a "pinch" type of bruise next to one of my small incisions. It almost looked like they used a tool to pinch the skin because it has two very solid, straight marks. But even so, it's only about the size of my pinky fingernail.

I'm amazed, expecially considering some of the pics I've seen from others and all the bruising they had!

Hi there fellow bandsters. I wish I could say I was feeling fantastic but I'm not:crying:. I have this awful pulling sensation on my right side and I'm finding it difficult to sit up in a regular chair and I having an awful time driving I had surgery on the 18th and according to other people I should be feeling fantastic. I almost fell down the stairs last week and I think I pulled something!! I have this awfull sharp pain in my belly button and when I bend and try to pick things up or just moving around in bed I get that sharp pain and a pulling sensation. :thumbup: The Dr. has schedule a test for me on the 3rd but I'm just so PISSED that I'mnot close to 100% yet.

I hope the rest of you are doing great... I'm on soft foods and doing pretty good. It just seems like I'm hungry every 3 hours. Coffe seems to help and I use my prtotein shakes in between meals. Weight loss is steady.

Eleventh day Post op getting better every day. Pulled something in my stomach last Thursday walking in a park. Took Sunday off seams to be ok now. Went to have my staples removed Wednesday every thing just great. Found out why I cant turn over on my right side, seams the problem came from My Glad bladder removal operation years ago, something grows back that had to be cut to lift the liver. Now off all my Diabetes Medications, my Blood Sugar readings are running around 102 MG/DL 6 years on these Meds gone forever. :rolleyes2:Next to go Blood Pressure Meds My readings were like 148/87 and have dropped to readings like 118/72 or lower. I am finding them lower when I walk than when I don’t. I lost 10 lbs this past week. I chalk it up to all my clean living.