Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would happen if Barack Obama were Assasinated?

Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?

As for Palin, her husband was a member of a party which desires independence for Alaska. Ain't he a traitor?

you ain't never lied... isn't the penalty for being a true traitor Death...

wow aren't i being morbid today

you ain't never lied... isn't the penalty for being a true traitor Death...

Wait, are you saying anyone who attacks Obama is a racist, but it's OK for you to call Palin a "bitch" and suggest her husband should be executed?

He also didn't launch his "campaign" in her brothel.

So you're really going there? OK... let's go there.

No, but since there is much speculation and historical reason to believe that the woman was Mary Magdaline, it sounds like he cut her a good bit of slack and took her into his conficence.

Or what, then of Jesus going and having dinner at the home of Zaccheaus... repentent, yes... but he did not repent until Jesus was in his home having dinner.

Grace is a wonderful thing, to come to us while we are in our sin.

TheWatcher, I'm confused, and I'm not sure what you hope to gain with this thread. You post under guise of wanting people's opinions, which implies that you're curious about what others think and want them to share their thoughts. But then when they're shared, you throw out accusations of ignorance and insinuations of lies, which means you're not after understanding.

That's a bit perplexing. If you don't want to know what people think, don't ask. If you do want to know what people think, then you need to have an open mind and ears to what they're saying or you won't hear the message. If you're looking for someone who disagrees with you to debate, then The Lounge is not where this thread belongs.

"What color do you think the sky is?" "Blue." "Ha you haven't seen the light it's really red, but keep being ignorant." Ok, then why did you ask? You obviously didn't really care what color I thought the sky was...

Edited by Wheetsin

Grace is a wonderful thing, to come to us while we are in our sin.

Amen, absolutely. We would be lost without it. But Obama is not Messiah. I trust Jesus and I believe His goals were and are different than Obama's.

TheWatcher, I'm confused, and I'm not sure what you hope to gain with this thread. You post under guise of wanting people's opinions, which implies that you're curious about what others think and want them to share their thoughts. But then when they're shared, you throw out accusations of ignorance and insinuations of lies, which means you're not after understanding.

That's a bit perplexing. If you don't want to know what people think, don't ask. If you do want to know what people think, then you need to have an open mind and ears to what they're saying or you won't hear the message. If you're looking for someone who disagrees with you to debate, then The Lounge is not where this thread belongs.

"What color do you think the sky is?" "Blue." "Ha you haven't seen the light it's really red, but keep being ignorant." Ok, then why did you ask? You obviously didn't really care what color I thought the sky was...

Thanks, Wheetsin. I had a hard time putting my finger on my discomfort. This post did it for me.

i am merely the conversation starter im as biased as the people who post... that's what i do i think of things then i want to discuss, argue my point, and from time to time i will interject something... i have my opinions as well as you and everyone one else here ...i attack no one i express my opinion ... song get upset because my opinion is nt always PC we are adults discussing adult matters i see no need to pull punches or soften my opinions so that they might not he so harsh.... And why do people keep trying to change the topic at hand???:w00t:

as i normally have to do sorry if i ruffle peoples feathers... but thats me

Amen, absolutely. We would be lost without it. But Obama is not Messiah. I trust Jesus and I believe His goals were and are different than Obama's.

(sighs)... what do you mean my this... i mean seriously i have been sitting here for the last couple mins trying to figure out all the ways i could take this .... are you saying... you know what ... i dont wanna go down this road...im going to chime out for a second and just let a bit of this convo play out...

Bringing Jesus in this is only going to bring the passion and enthusiasm out of me and apparently thats not welcome by some.

This thread has turned rather argumentative, so I'm going to ignore most of what has been said and just respond to the original question.

Unfortunately, I am Australian, and therefore I don't get to have a vote in the US presidential election. But it is widely covered in our media here, and so almost every Australian has an opinion, it seems.

I think Barack Obama would be brilliant for the US if he is elected. I hope he will be, and i think the chances of that are growing every day - especially since McCain chose Palin for his running mate.

However, I think that if Obama is elected president, he won't last his first term. A white supremacist or another type of radical will kill him. I think there will be more attempts on his life, even before the election is decided.

I think some people in the US could not cope with a Black President, and would do anything within their power to stop it from coming to fruition. It would be a sad and sorry day for the world - another Martin Luther King. But, in my humble opinion, it is more likely than not.

This is just my two cents. Feel free to disagree, but let's keep the discussion based on the facts, without personal attacks. They help no-one.

Bringing Jesus in this is only going to bring the passion and enthusiasm out of me and apparently thats not welcome by some.

Well, I was the one who first mentioned Jesus in explaining my reason for forgiveness and grace. I wasn't equating Obama with Christ, and am not sure how gagetlady reached that point.

Well, I was the one who first mentioned Jesus in explaining my reason for forgiveness and grace. I wasn't equating Obama with Christ, and am not sure how gagetlady reached that point.

Forigive me for not expanding my comparison further (and for being gone all this time to make you wonder what I meant :w00t:). I didn't at all think you were equating Obama with Christ. As I understand it, what you were saying is that Jesus believed in forgiveness and grace, and that that was a wonderful thing. I agreed. But to compare Jesus' position towards the woman about to be stoned (a position of forgiveness and grace) to Obama's position towards Ayres is inappropriate, because 1) Obama is not Ayres' savior, 2) Jesus wasn't running for political office, and 3) Obama's desire to be the elected political leader of the free world doesn't even remotely equate to Jesus' position as an unelected, non-political, Savior.

Does that make what I said a little clearer? I understand that you might not agree, but I hope I've been able to at least clarify why I said it.

Jesse Jackson Himself, the well-known long-term activist, was caught on national TV with a live microphone several months back, stating in very concise language what HE would like to do to Sen Obama.

Despite his apology, I was both surprised AND offended.

I was, too. I was shocked, and every time someone reminds me of it I think I must have imagined the whole thing, because it is utterly incomprehensible.

Everyone is prejudiced. Everyone believes they are better than someone else. It may not be racial, but the woman who's thin will look at the woman who's fat and think, at least I'm better than that fat cow. The man who drives a Jag looks at the man driving the old clunker and think, I'm better than that bum, and it goes on and on and on.

Forigive me for not expanding my comparison further (and for being gone all this time to make you wonder what I meant :thumbup:). I didn't at all think you were equating Obama with Christ. As I understand it, what you were saying is that Jesus believed in forgiveness and grace, and that that was a wonderful thing. I agreed. But to compare Jesus' position towards the woman about to be stoned (a position of forgiveness and grace) to Obama's position towards Ayres is inappropriate, because 1) Obama is not Ayres' savior, 2) Jesus wasn't running for political office, and 3) Obama's desire to be the elected political leader of the free world doesn't even remotely equate to Jesus' position as an unelected, non-political, Savior.

Does that make what I said a little clearer? I understand that you might not agree, but I hope I've been able to at least clarify why I said it.

im sorry but i can hold myself anylonger. first no one is saying Barrack Obama is the massiah and second im sorry but your understanding of Jesus's stance is Flawed. You are attempting to attach a man to obama that has had past sins. Yet william ayres is not the same man who committed those crimes yet you would want to discredit obama for knowing and working with him.

Would Jesus follow this tactic.

I was raised in a Church My father is a retired Pastor and i have discussed this with him, as well as some of the ministers at my former church and we havent found any leg for you to stand on with this comparison or the logical diduction that would support your position.

Jesus's platform if you will is Forgiveness, Patience, and Emplathy,and what part of knowing someones past and accepting them for who they are presently isnt following and trying to be more crist like. Furthermore it is a Christians Mission to To walk and be more like Christ. So how is it all of a sudden is it a bad thing that Barrack has learned to Forgive???:biggrin:

re: "I think some people in the US could not cope with a Black President"

Jesse Jackson Himself, the well-known long-term activist, was caught on national TV with a live microphone several months back, stating in very concise language what HE would like to do to Sen Obama.

Despite his apology, I was both surprised AND offended.

just remember this... Jesse Jackson Does not speak for all black people ... Shoot he barely speaks for the Fringe few... Jesse is irrelevant The fact of the matter is he has become a pariah in alot of circles in the Black community because of his actions the reason that Jesse got so upset because remember what he was responding to (Barrack Obama speaking on taking responsibility of your family and being a dead beat father) ahem JESSE got mad cause IT HIT A LITTLE CLOSE TO HOME... Im not sure if you were all aware of this but Jesse fathered a child outside his marrage that he denyed for a number of years.... No one listens to that irrelevant oaf neither should you.:biggrin: