Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would happen if Barack Obama were Assasinated?

Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?

Hello I'm TheWatcher You may remember me from such memorable threads like Are we ready for a Black President and others.

I was recently messaged by someone; and this individual asked me a question that i has been thinking about since Barack started his run for the White House. Barack Obama has energized and motivated the Black Community of American like no one has since the Civil Rights movement and Some in the Black Community and still apathetic, Pessimistic if you will and dont believe whats happening. I may share my responce that i gave later... but for now i Pose this question.

What would happen toin America If Barack Obama was to fall to a Assasins Bullet?

It may be a frightening notion but it already has legs a Assasination attempt was foiled before the DNC acceptance speech. So please Share your views, fears, or anything that this topic beings up to your mind that you would like to discuss. If the questions are there, this is as good of a place as any other to get them answered.

Edited by TheWatcher

That would be completely disastrous for our country! I can't even begin to allow myself to speculate on what something like that would do to race relations.

I believe it would bring out hatred and violence across the board. To some extent, that's a SMALL reason why I don't want Obama to win. I'm afraid if something happens to him, the country will erupt into a race war.

What would hapen if Barack Obama were Assasinated?
My initial response: Biden becomes president.

I guess I'm not sure the context in which you're asking. Do you mean literally what happens - what becomes the next step in the presidential process? Or do you mean hypotheses about what happens to the nation/people? Or...?

definitely.... i choose to look at it as you haven't seen the light yet...lol

but on the subject of this thread... if i post the response i gave to the user who messaged me ... i dot a little bit more passionate with that ... i may post it later tonight... its more of an as i see it type of reply than what i opened the thread with... i hope it comes across as what its meant to be just a answer to a question.

My initial response: Biden becomes president.

I guess I'm not sure the context in which you're asking. Do you mean literally what happens - what becomes the next step in the presidential process? Or do you mean hypotheses about what happens to the nation/people? Or...?

You and I think so much alike in many ways, Wheetsin (in others, not so much [grin]). That was my reaction too -- the procedural aspect -- Biden ascends.

As far as the psychological state of the country, I think it's horrible when any public leader is killed. It would not be a good thing.

It may be a frightening notion but it already has legs a Assasination attempt was foiled before the DNC acceptance speech.

And I guess the other question I have is about this supposed attempt. I can't find any substantiated information on it after a quick web search. Is there something out there you can direct us to about this attempt?

first thing that popped up.... how quick was your search

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuN4qh6meR4]YouTube - Failed Barack Obama assassination attempt at the DNC[/ame]

I didn't search YouTube. I searched Google. Is there any follow through on this (i.e. charges brought)? I'm curious because it's been a while since this report (if it was at the DNC convention in August) so we should know more about it by now.

FYI, I'm not doubting that this happened or questioning your understanding of the situation. I just like to know facts! Assassination attempts are horrific, regardless of the target.

Do you think there was a concerted effort to keep it quiet? This is the first I've heard of it and that suprises me. I'd think this was major news.

Do you think there was a concerted effort to keep it quiet? This is the first I've heard of it and that suprises me. I'd think this was major news.

I'm thinking the same thing. Either it was buried (possible), or it wasn't what it seemed at first (equally possible). I'm just trying to think of what the goal would be to bury it. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, but the whole thing interests me quite a bit.

are you kidding me ... it was during the convention.... the media was on a political opium bender this happened and then Clinton started speaking and it was forgotten... i know i have it on tivo .... it was a part of the news cycle for all of like 19 hours

it was a part of the news cycle for all of like 19 hours

Do you know if they were ever charged with attempted assassination, or if it was just a weapons/drugs charge?