Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your July 4th plans?

No, I'm not going to get my new port. Billy is mad at me cause I never went back for a follow-up after my port removal. He won't even talk to me on the phone till I get my ass back in his office.

Penni, John, my sister and I are having dinner on the beach, where we'll be able to see fireworks from our table (according to John, who made the reservations.) The place is called Gladstone's, which is my favorite restaurant out there. Penni lives where I grew up - my old stompin' grounds!

MY CAMERA IS LOADED... IS YOURS?

On July 4th, I will be catching a flight to Mexico. My band surgery is on July 5. I am so excited (and a little scared). I see this as a freedom trip.

K

We're going camping to Hillsborough State Park in Florida. It looks beautiful- tons of rapids and nature trails. I'm not looking forward to still being on liquids though. Anything dairy is making me immediately sick- anyone else? Not vomiting though. I've tried to upload pics, but I can't figure it out- any help? By-the-way, nursing is going great. Thanks to all for the support!!!!

Sounds like you have wonderful plans! Have a great time everybody and think of me while I'm at work all night. I plan to take my first break about 10 pm so I can go out on the patio off the cafeteria and look out over the city for fireworks.

Don't pity me....I wouldn't have plans anyway...I have no life! HA!

Don't pity me....I wouldn't have plans anyway...I have no life! HA

You are cracking me up!

So Lisa, you just going for a follow up?

So, where are we meeting in California? Hanna & I are going for fills on the 4th too. And not a moment too soon, in my case!

I'm having dinner with an old friend on Saturday, then heading off with the dog on Sunday to a big barbecue in Indiana where all the fur babies can run up and down the giant sand dunes and play in Lake Michigan! Dune fireworks on the 4th, unless the dogs go crazy.

We had plans to go to Nags Head, NC, we have a beach house there, but my Gson was selected for the All Stars, (1st time, baseball), and his games start this Friday, AND, he has a game on the 4th. The best thing about having a beach house is all our clothes and personal items are there, so we can just scoot down, spend a day or two and head back, without a lot of hassle.

Everyone please have a SAFE holiday weekend.

So this beach house, you do loan it out to friends, don't you???? Can I just borrow your clothes when I go there, so I can go hassle free too, LOL

How divine, I've always dreamed of living by the ocean, but then the alarm clock rings and I wake up. Maybe I should start playing the Florida Lotto, so I too can buy my beach house..

I'm in packing denial. My plane leaves in 3 hours and I'm half naked on LBT and still haven't packed. If I come back and don't find any new 4th of July pictures all OVER this board, I'm gonna be mad. Especially Betty cuz those cabins sound awesome.

we are planning a Le Bad Cinema party- we have had a few- it's where we get together and watch terrible movies with a group of friends-

I get to cook up a bunch of fun food- (boo-hoo- and not eat any of it)

that's okay- I'm quite content with my mushies...

Anyway- in the past we have enjoyed Russ Meyer movies, Ed Wood, Gigli, Redneck Zombies from hell, Motel hell, and way too many to mention....

We will probably catch fireworks afterwards!

Happy fourth everyone- stay cool....and safe.

DeLarla- you crack me up about the packing- I hate packing and also end up waiting until the last minute!! Have fun.

Well, for the first time since I've been married to my DH, I don't have any plans for the 4th. The twin sister-in-laws are mad at each other, so I'm going up to visit my family on Whidbey Island tomorrow. Whidbey is part of the San Juan Islands.

I have no idea who these pix belong to, but it will give you an idea of the area. http://www.acoustics.washington.edu/~gauthier/Photography/PN/05_DeceptionPass/DeceptionPass.htm

My plans for July 4th......

Directing all of you people from the spots that you are enjoying the fireworks and everyone must get home NOW and can't simply wait for the car in front of them.

Gosh, I hope they don't run me over this year. I am getting a nice shiney vest for the occasion. I think that is about as festive as I am going to get. :D

Sounds like everyone is celebrating in high style! HarleyNana, my DREAM has always been a beach house. That's what I'm buying when my ship comes in, whenever that is.

We saw fireworks last night, in a really cool way. The last couple of years have been frustrating, trying to find the right places to watch, where to park, getting too close, not close enough, which town's display is the best, etc., etc. But the next town's display is always partly visible over the trees from our porch, so this year we just decided to see how close we could get on foot. (With a 4 year-old after dark, we didn't think we'd get far.)

There's actually a farmer's field down the street from us, the back of which rises up in a low hill. So we trekked down there and laid a blanket, and had the whole place to ourselves. Just the four of us sitting in a meadow as the sun went down, so idyllic! Then when it got dark, DH got all frustrated because we could hear explosions from various towns all around, but couldn't see anything. Then just as we thought we might have misjudged, the display began, RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES! We were about a mile away, which is perfect with small kids who are more scared of loud noises than they think. The fireworks cleared the trees easily and we had a completely unobstructed view.

It was literally perfect, and the start of a new tradition for this family. Like our own personal fireworks display. Next time we'll take sweatshirts, though. Brrr...

Tomorrow we're going to the Land of Make Believe, a low-key amusement about 35 minutes from here. It'll be my first amusement park experience since losing weight, and I expect a whole raft of NSVs. :D

So today we go to the Anuual Fourth of July picnic. A lady at our church has it every year and it's wonderful! Covered dish supper all set up in the garage with lots of church cooked food...you know the kind, fried chicken, casseroles, green Beans, home-grown tomatos, cucumbers, green salads, Pasta salads, congealed salads, fresh fruit, lima Beans, pinto beans, cornbread, rolls, sweet tea and lemonade, Sun Drop, Mountain Dew, brownies, cupcakes, key lime pie, apple cobbler, OH MY! I wanted to eat more than I was able to, I love my band! I ate what I REALLY wanted but not too much, even had room for a small brownie and a small bit of homemade ice cream...perfect! She has horseshoes, a small in-ground pool full of kids, volleyball, basketball, tents set up with tables and a huge shade tree in the front yard. Her hubby mows a field for parking and there are at least 150 folks there every year. It was great!

SO! She had this card table set up with a bunch of photo albums on it. There was a crowd around it all day, looking at old photos from past July 4th parties, writing in names and which year it was if they knew it. So later, after the crowd dwindled, I stopped by the photo albums and started flipping through and found THIS picture of me, taken in 2000. My daughter there was almost a year old. I stole the pic. I don't EVER want ANYONE to EVER give me a hard time about having had WLS. I was ready to knock someone down today if they dared to say anything to me negative about having been banded. I can't believe I walk around looking like this...and all those people saw this picture, too! I'm humiliated and can't WAIT for my fill Wednesday! Witness, please...this is around 230-240 pounds.

post-204312-13813131931549_thumb.jpg

Then just as we thought we might have misjudged, the display began, RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES! We were about a mile away, which is perfect with small kids who are more scared of loud noises than they think. The fireworks cleared the trees easily and we had a completely unobstructed view.

It was literally perfect, and the start of a new tradition for this family. Like our own personal fireworks display. Next time we'll take sweatshirts, though. Brrr...

OMG Alexandra - How awesome!!! Your kids will remember that forever!

And sweatshirts??? In July???? :D On saturday, the van's temperature gauge read 102! And its not just 102, but 102 with 100% humidity. yuck!