Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your July 4th plans?

Kathy,

I LOVE the saying (and its one I think about very often),

"I may not be where I should be... but Im NOT where I used to be" - Joyce Meyer.

Doesnt that say it all?

Well, we are back! We had a great time, lots of R & R! I ate way too much food, (and all the wrong stuff too) and drank way too many cocktails, but had a lot of fun. We went out on the boats and went swimming most of the time, and ate most of the rest of the time. :(:):)

We went out on the lake last night wand watched the fireworks above our heads, it was so pretty.

We already reserved the same cabins for next year.

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, I kept forgetting my camera, but some of the others got some and are supposed to send them to me. If they do, I will post them later.

They had a restraunt there that had a band and the guy that sang sounded exactly like Willie Nelson! It was awsome!

OK, this first picture is of my DH when we first got there. He has to wear a hat that covers his ears up because they burn and blister on him!

post-204088-13813131932628_thumb.jpg

One of the gals there, Teresa, cooked us a Mexican dinner with all the trimmings including the drinks/desserts. It was sooooooo good! She taught me how to make some peppers she made that was really good!

We were the first people to stay in these cottages, it was a brand new place. We went around looking at cottages too, dreaming of retiring in one of those beautiful places with all the glass fronts.

How much fun you must've had! It looks beautiful there, and congratulations on getting the guys to help out with the cooking!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Wow Betty! LOOOOOVED the pics!

I think this is the first time we saw DH - not bad lookin' either!

Where were these cabins/lake located? Is it near Artesian Spring?

Oh that looks like such a lovely trip! I love cabin/lake/camp cooking and lounging and FUN! Your DH is a cutie, too! Thanks for sharing your pics!!

Betty, I am SO jealous!! What a great time you must have had.

Yesterday was my amusement park acid test, and I passed with flying colors! It's so hard to get out of the habit of saying "no, honey, YOU go!" but I finally did. I climbed the big towers for the inner-tube slide rides, four times. And then I joined my girls on the carousel, on a horse that actually goes up and down! That was phenomenal--I literally cannot ever remember having done that before in my whole life. All four of us rode a ride called the Tornado, and I fit into a car in the little train ride with one of my kids.

This is a park we have been to before, and where I have enjoyed just observing my children and husband having fun. Hey, someone has to watch the stuff, right? My perennial rationale for sitting on the sidelines. But it's a whole new world of enjoyment to be able to do it with them, for me and for them. I had to keep reminding myself that if DH could do something, so could I because I weigh less than he does! All of the weight limits on the rides were MORE than what I weigh--amazing!!

Wow. Just wow. :(

Yesterday was my amusement park acid test, and I passed with flying colors! It's so hard to get out of the habit of saying "no, honey, YOU go!" but I finally did. I climbed the big towers for the inner-tube slide rides, four times. And then I joined my girls on the carousel, on a horse that actually goes up and down! That was phenomenal--I literally cannot ever remember having done that before in my whole life. All four of us rode a ride called the Tornado, and I fit into a car in the little train ride with one of my kids.

That is great Alex! I know you felt so good after you did all of that! :banana :banana You should be very proud of yourself!

I was just telling my DH this weekend, I can't remember the last time I could walk, climb stairs and feel comfortable like I did while we were at the lake. I even jumped off the boat out in the middle of the lake and had no problem getting back on.

It is amazing how much better we feel and how much more we can do after such a short time with this band. I love my band! :(:):)