Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Renewedhope is Headed for the Flatlands

Ok, I finally have a date, so I thought I would start a thread about my plastic surgery!!

I will have an extended Tummy Tuck, thigh lift and mons lift on October 24th. I am having my tubes tied at that time as well.

My emotions are all over the place allready and i am usually not like that at all. Will I really have a flat tummy?? Are my expectations too high?? Will I be happy with my body after the surgery or will I continue to find every flaw?? It's like a whirlwind of questions going through my mind. Those of you who have allready done this, did you experience these same feelings.

Here's the other thing....Since I set the date, I am having the hardest time staying focused. I want to lose 15 more pounds before surgery and I can't seem to stay focused. The surgery should be motivation enough.

I am going to use this thread as a way to keep all of my lapband buddies up to date on my progress, and would also love the support and advice of those of you who have been there. I am amazed at the friendship and support I have received on this website. You guys really do ROCK!!

I will post before pics closer to surgery.

FLATLANDS HERE I COME!!!

Congratulations on the date. I am going on Thursday and v nervous. I dont think your expectations are too high but I keep trying to check myself too.

Girl, this is soooo exciting!! I'm so happy for you. You deserve this after how hard you have worked. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

The hardest part is getting focused. Once you get there, you will be set. I know you, once you put your mind to something there's no stopping you. It's one of qualities I admire most about you. You can do it girl!!

Thanks guys!!

Georgia, you are such a source of inspiration to me. SO glad to have found you on this site.

BTW, Georgia will be keeping all of you up to date while I am in the hospital and during the initial recovery. I should only spend 1 night in the hospital. I plan to be back up and running quickly..

RenewedHope: YEAH! You're going to join the flatlands. Sounds like a lot of surgery all at once, but it will be worth it! I'm getting my arms, thighs, butt and TT revision all done on the 16th of October, so we can commiserate together! A TT will really improve the quality of your life and help you see how well you really have done on losing all that weight. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you. Let the countdown begin!

Thanks Karey! I have followed your progress and you have done amazing!! In fact, I think it was in one of your posts that I read flatlands for the first time. I just can't imagine having a flat stomach. Even as a teenager, I was thin but I always had a pooch for a stomach. I'm sure I will have lots of questions as it gets closer. I have read lots and lots of ps threads and you ladies sharing your journey with us answers a lot of questions. Looking forward to recovering together.

Hi Renewed Hope,

Good luck with your surgery and looking forward to following your progress. I also had GYN surgery when I had my TT and BL with implants. It's a great idea to combine surgeries this way.

I'm laughing at your comment about not being able to imagine having a flat stomach because I felt exactly the same way. In fact, I did not believe it until I saw it!!!! Before surgery I'm sure I drove my poor Dr. crazy asking him over and over if he could really make my tummy flat. Finally he said to me (in a somewhat exasperated tone) "Yes! It will be flat, that's what you're paying me for, isn't it?" -- which in turn made me LOL :)

Anyhow, good luck and trust me, you will be in the flatlands with the rest of us and loving it!!!

Thanks Frangi! I have kept up with your progress too and you have done amazing. I have been a lurker on the PS threads for so long!!

Ok, I have a question. I have 5 weeks until surgery, and I REALLY want to lose 10 - 15 more pounds between now and then. I run every other day. usually 2 to 3 miles. I eat high protein/healthy carbs. I have been stuck at this weight for a few months now. Any tips for getting my scales moving again. I REALLY want these pounds off BEFORE surgery!!

Thanks Frangi! I have kept up with your progress too and you have done amazing. I have been a lurker on the PS threads for so long!!

Ok, I have a question. I have 5 weeks until surgery, and I REALLY want to lose 10 - 15 more pounds between now and then. I run every other day. usually 2 to 3 miles. I eat high protein/healthy carbs. I have been stuck at this weight for a few months now. Any tips for getting my scales moving again. I REALLY want these pounds off BEFORE surgery!!

Hi Renewed Hope,

I plateaued before my first surgery too -- I think that just happens when we get close to goal. That said, my advice would be to mix up your exercise routine a bit.

If you like running, maybe you can have some days where you do some anaerobic activity, like sprinting. Also you might want to do some "long cardio" on certain days. When I'm in my regular exercise routine, I try to have one or two (ideally two, time permitting) days where I go out and take long (2-3 hour) hilly hikes. Weight lifting is another thing that works really well for me, although I haven't done it since early June because of my surgeries.

I find that keeping my body guessing about what I might put it through next really seems to help keep up a fairly steady weight loss.

Hope this helps, and looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming PS journey!

:biggrin::smile::thumbup:

Thanks so much Frangi. I recently completed the couch to 5K, so I have been running for 30 - 35 minutes every other day. I run about 3 miles during this time. TOnight I took my son with me and he can't run steady for 30 minutes, so we did more of intervals. I told him to lead and when he ran I would run and when he walked I would walk. What was I asking for??? He did jog like I am used to. It was more like a sprint. LOL We had a great time and went 4.5 miles in just under an hour. I usually do Jillian Michael DVD's as well, but i find I slack off on them because they seem to fatique my legs for my runs. Maybe i will focus more on the dvd's and then do the "sprint" intervals with my son.

I haven't lose much weight in several months, and I find myself starting to make poor food choices because the good choices don't seem to be making a big difference. What kind of stinkin thinkin is that?? Definately not the kind of thinkin that helped me lose the 85 pounds I have lost. Everyone is right, these last pounds are so hard. They are playing with my mind. DH says that if I didn't lose another pound it is fine, that I am a hottie and once this flap on my lap is gone there will be no stoppin me. He is so sweet.

Thanks so much for the advice. I will shake things up a bit, and more than anything work on my thinkin. It is consistantly makiing good choices that got me to this point, and it will be those same good choices that get me to goal.

So....Time to put on my big girl panties and get it done!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!

I agree with Frangi about mixing up your exercise routine, maybe even your diet (you could go low carb for awhile). I found weight training to help me the most, though at first you might not find that you lose too much weight because you will be building muscle, but you will get smaller. Good luck, trying to lose weight is the pits!

I lost most of my weight doing low carb. When I started exercising a lot I just needed the carbs to have enough energy for the exercise. This is when I plateaud. Last time I went to the doctor I had gained 5 pounds of muscle and lost 7 pounds of fat, so I know it is working, but I don't want to weigh 170 even if I am gaining muscle. I am running a 5K on Saturday and starting Sunday I am planning to low carb it until my surgery. I am going to do more weights and Jillian dvd's and walking/jogging and less running. If I have to have carbs for exercise I will eat them only before exercise and it will be kashi Cereal or steel cut oats, something like that. How does that sound for a plan. How did you ladies get to BMI's below 25. This is where i want to be!!

Frangi and Karey, you are both great examples of how this is done. Thanks so much for your advice....

Before I weight lift, I have a half serving of protien. When I am finished weight lifting is when I have a carb, like a half a banana, an apple or half a really good energy bar. If I really done in by the exercise, I might add another protien. Sounds like you're really doing well. I weighed 165 when I had my Tummy Tuck. Sometimes your body has a set point and it takes a lot to get over that point. You will lose more weight after your TT. I'd just try and whatever you can get off will be gravy, because you're going to love your new body!

Thanks Karey I will try that. It is encouraging to know that you have continued to lose since your TT. I feel this self imposed pressure to lose everything I can before the surgery. I am so ready to jsut enjoy exercise and enjoy my new body and focus less and less on a "plan" to reach goal.

You and Frangi have both helped me a ton tonight. Thanks,

Amy

Hi Renewed Hope,

You're very welcome! You will lose weight from the surgeries. I lost 18 pounds from Round 1 and have lost another 3 since Round 2.

That said, your head is totally in the right place and I can tell that you have a really great, "can do" attitude, which is the thing that will get you to goal.

Good luck with all of this. I am so jealous to read about your workouts -- especially the Couch to 5K, which I was also doing and really enjoying before my surgeries.

I miss my workouts so much right now, but because of my wound problems, I need to continue to lay low here for a while more, so for now I will just enjoy living vicariously through you :thumbup::smile::thumbdown: