Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Renewedhope is Headed for the Flatlands

He said it's too much for me at one time with the extended Tummy Tuck with anchor cut, mons lift, and breast implants, he wont do the thighs at same time. Said I will need strong legs during recovery from this.

I was like, ya ya ya. Ok your probably right Dr.

Just breathe :bolt: You are already doing so incredibly well that this will be a cake walk! Here's hoping all the details are ironed out during Tuesdays apt and that you get a sense of peace, knowing you are doing the right thing. Congrats to you on the 5K!!!! That is awesome and yep, you are definitely a bad a$$ :tt1:

Ok, I went to the doctor yesterday, and everything is set. I am having a tt, tl, and mons lift on October 24. She is going to carry the Tummy Tuck incision all most all the way around my back to get my "love handles".

We had a really good visit. I don't know if I have mentioned, but my surgeon is my lapband doctor. She is a general surgeon, not a plastic surgeon. In the beginning I wasn't sure which way to go, but I am very confident in her. The only draw back is that she doesn't do Lipo, so no lipo for me, but I am an employee of the hospital so I will get a large discount. However, the main reason I am having her do it is because I feel really comfortable with her, and i trust her.

She said that she will probably remove 8-10 pounds. I will have anywhere from 2 to 4 drains. I will stay in the hospital overnight. I have to wear compression garments for 6 weeks. She will put a binder on me and wrap my trunk in surgery. Before discharge the following morning she will put me in my compression garment.

We had a really good visit and I am ready to go. I had gained 1 pound and don't have much restriction. She didin't want to put anymore saline in my band right now. She said that my focus for the next 3 weeks needs to be gearing up for surgery not losing a bunch of weight. She said to eat lots of Protein. I am still hoping to shed a few pounds between now and then, but I will follow her advice. I do want to be ready for surgery so that I will heal well.

ONLY 23 MORE DAYS!!

Well Oct 24th has to be a great day for you. Band date and now PS date~!!!! I am excited for you. Mine is happeing the day before. I too have been trying to lose a few pounds before this surgery, but really have been upping my Protein as well. I want my arms and legs to be really strong. are you having any MR?

Well this is exciting news! I just saw my ps today for my 2 week pre-op appointment. I'm totally excited to be going under the knife was again!

Karey, You "totally" crack me up. You sound like you are going to a party. Actually, I understand. I am totally excited, too. 23 more days for me. I just can't wait to have a flat tummy. I still can't invision it!

OK, need some reassurance here. Tonight my dad, who is a hospital administrator, said that I should really rethink having all of this done. He said that I will be under for way too long (probably about 6 hours). blood clots, etc. I am a nurse and I know the risks, however, I keep telling myself that I have no comorbidities. I run 3 miles at least 3 days a week. My resting heartrate is in the lower 50's. My PS said this week that I am probably the healthiest I have ever been. I eat right. I take very good care of myself. Did any of you ladies experience any anesthesia problems? You know, this fear is always in the back of your mind(even when I had lapband surgery). I just choose to expect the best, take good care of myself, and not worry about the rest. I want to look as good as I feel, and I feel pretty dang hot!!! Anyway, just needed to vent. I am so ready to be awake and done with this surgery. There are always risks in everything we do.

Renewed: Did you have any problems with anesthesia when you got your lapband? If not, I bet you'll be fine. It's totally normal to worry about waking up. I sure did and do. It really puts you in touch with your own mortality. My mom and DH didn't want me to risk it and they don't want me to this time, etiher. This is how I feel about it: Is there a risk? Yes. Do my doctors care about me living through the procedure? Yes. Will I be monitored carefully for ANY signs of distress? Yes. Do I think my surgery day will be my day to go to Heaven? NO! I think that I still have a purpose on this earth, if I didn't than I could be taken will crossing the street or choke on my food, or have a heart attack, etc. (well you get the idea)! Sometimes, you have to walk by faith. It's a pretty calculated risk. There are certain thresholds of time that are safe, etc. If you have faith in your doc, than you have to put your life in their hands. Trusting someone else and giving them control, is the absolutely hardest thing to do, but it's like flying in an airplane, there are times when we don't get to be in control. I say stay focused on your goals, breath and think positive thoughts! Sorry if I wrote an essay! Just take deep breaths and try and not let others fears overwhelm you!

Thanks Karey. I agree completely with all you said. I did not have any problem when my band was placed. I know I will be out longer and that increases risks somewhat, but I am just not going to let myself go there. I have chosen to have this surgery. I do not have any "impending doom" feelings. I do not think I will die. I think I will wake up in pain. The pain will be really bad for 24 hours and then very gradually get better. I have really high pain tollerance. I had a csection and was in the shower less than 12 hours later and out and about within 2 days(my son was born on Dec 20, and I made it to all the family gatherings). Again, everything has risks. Thanks again. I know dad is just being a dad. I am soooo ready to do this!!!

I wanted to ask you Renewedhope when is it that you can see a doctor to plastis consults. I weigh 180 (240 @ surgery 4/1/08) and have been averaging about 10 pound a month loss. Charts at the doctors say I should weigh 110-125 for 5'3. I was looking to weigh 140-150. I am 43 and I think looking too thin looks bad when your older. ANYWAY.... I was thinking maybe when I get to get to 160 is when I go to the doctor. Some say to wait til my weight stablizes for a whole year. I didnt want to wait that long. Whats your take on this?

My weight has slowed significantly in the last 3-4 months. I was planning to start PS consults at 150. I am 5'5. Since my weight loss has slowed it just seems like the right time to do it. I think that is a very personal decision. I know some surgeons require you to have been at goal for some time. Mine has not such requirements and now just seems to be the time. When it is time, I think you'll know. Some of the other ladies may be able to answer this question better since they are further along in this part of the journey.