Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Renewedhope is Headed for the Flatlands

OK, this isn't PS related, but I wanted to share anyway. Today I ran a 5K. I RAN ALL OF IT!!! My time was 29:20. I was very proud of my accomplishment. I placed 4th in my division, and came in 31st overall. The 3 ladies in my division who placed in front of me were very trim, athletic looking women, and I was behind 3rd place by about 45 seconds. Anyway, I was looking at these women, thinking, wow I am keeping pretty good company here. DH and my 2 DS also did the 5K. They finished in 37 minutes. DH pushed the baby in the stroller and my 9 year old placed 2nd in his division. I am still sitting here grinning like a little kid. MY WHOLE FAMILY DID A 5K THIS MORNING!! This is all because I chose a healthier lifestyle. Everyone benefits. I was a little bumbed about placing 4th (1st thru 3rd received medals), and DH said as we walked to the car, "Did you see those ladies who placed ahead of you?? No more whining about coming in forth. Do you realize what a bada$$ you are!" LOL That is VERY strong language for DH. He is so proud of me.

I say all of that to say this....I have been so stressed out about 10 or 15 pounds to lose before surgery. Today was a reminder of why I did this. It is not about 10 pounds, it is about being healthy. Being alive. As I sprinted across the finish line, huffing and puffing, I was more alive than i have been in about 15 years!!

Today I will savor this moment.. Tommorow it is back to business to complete this part of this most WONDERFUL journey. I am going to do low carb with a few carbs for running until my surgery, BUT I am going to enjoy the rest of this journey. I have come so far!!! To put it in terms of the race, I just turned the last corner. Now I am going to kick it in for the prize, and once I am in the flatlands I really will be bada$$, as DH says....

Thanks for enduring my sapp. What a big day it has been for me!!

Wow! Your enthusiasm has me all enthusiastic too. Way to go! Congratulations! You kicked butt! It's only going to get better. I'm very happy for you. Life can have some grand moments. Enjoy!

Renewed~ I am so incredibly proud of you! I know I commented on the other thread, but I think it's worth mentioning again.....YOU ROCK! I hope I am able to run the whole 5k in November. I know I won't be placing, but for the first one, all I care about is finishing. I'm already thinking of signing up for another one in December. You really inspire me, so thanks for that.

LOL about DH calling you a bada$$! You truly are, lol!

renewed - all the best as you head to the flatlands!!!!!

we'll be saving a seat for ya on the bench for when your healed:wink:

Renewed, Congratulations!!! You have worked very hard and deserve all the praise given to you, and your hubby is right , you are bada$$ and that your whole family ran the 5k also, WOHOOO even more kudos. I keep trying to get my amily on board with exercise, so far bnot so much luck. But I will keep trying.

Again Congratulations on a job well done!!!!

As I'm sitting here trying to motivate myself into exercising, I'm very proud of you ladies that have been doing so well. Now I need some motivation. Please tell me how you got started.

I have been banded for a year now, and have lost 42 lbs, I would like to lose 20 more, just for my weight on a scale to look good, but overall I'm pretty happy by what I see in the mirror except for a couple of things such as I need a TT and have that schedule for November 25, 2008. Please give me any and all advice that I can hopefully lose a few more pounds before my surgery because I feel that after my surgery I am going to be just FINE with my looks. My Aunt is telling me not to get obsessive with everything, so I'm hoping that I don't do that. The main reason for my TT is I had a surgery when I was little that caused me to never have a flat stomach, before babies and size 1. I'm so looking forward to wearing jeans with a shirt "tucked" in with a cute belt.

I am doing low carb again and taking in good carbs prior to exercise. I think the more seasoned ladies would also agree that exercise is so important. I have really started to enjoy exercising again. As a kid I wanted to be a personal trainer, but gained a lot of weight and kinda "lost" that dream underneath the pounds. Who knows?? More than a number on the scales, work to a place where you are happy with your body and looks, and you feel healthy. Easier said than done. I am really working to lose another 10 pounds prior to surgery, but I am also really working on mentally not being such a scale nut!!

Having said all of that, my scales are down 1 pound this morning. I actually got to update my ticker. WOOHOO!!!

Headed to the track... Make it a great day!!

LOVED the 5k post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having my first consult later this week... I'm scared.. I've already cancelled one. I did the same thing with my band.

I'll be watching your progress!

Hi Renewed Hope,

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been having some post-operative complications and haven't been spending much time online.

However, I am SO happy for you!!!!! What an incredible feeling and accomplishment!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! This is definitely a dancing banana event!!!!! Congratulations girl!!!!!

:smile::wink_smile::confused::unsure::wink2::huh2::lol::tt2::bananapowerslide::bananapowerslide::bananapowerslide::bananapowerslide:

Ok, I wasn't going to opst about this at all, but here I go. I called the doctor's office ealier thsi week to find out about ordering compresion garments, etc. I mentioned to to lapband coordinator that I am going to ask my Dr if she is comfortable considering doing a 360 lift. Well, i guess it wouldn't actually be a 360 lift, just extending the tt incision all the way around and removing the skin on my butt and back during the surgery. I set up an appointment for the week of surgery. Then the next day the lady called back and said that I need to come in next week to talk with my Dr to make sure we are all on the same page. This is a very good idea. I will be able to ask questions and DH is going to come with me so he can ask questions, too. She said that my Dr doesn't remember telling me that she would do my thighs. Ok, that is where I am freaking. She sees lots and lots of patients, so I certainly can understand that she wouldn't remember the details of our visit. That is why the preop visit is so important. My concern is What if she decides not to do the thigh lift? When I saw her before she said that my thighs are not bad at all. She said that usually she goes from inner thigh to the knee, but she will only go half way down my thigh because that is all I will need. I'm sure when she sees my skin again, she will remember and all will be set as planned. I really trust her completely and would rather her do this surgery than anyone else, but it is important to me to do thighs, mons, and tummy all together. I am going to do arms and breast lift later. I want this all done in 2 surgeries if possible. So, please tell me to chill out. I'm sure it is just pre surgery jitters. I just want everything to flow perfectly..

Of course your nervous! Your doc should have taken notes on what she told you. Glad your going back in with DH. It will be helpful to go over it again. If she thinks you only need the smaller vertical line, why not do a horizontal thigh lift? I'd ask her that while your in there. Now, try and relax because worrying about it won't help. Make a good list of questions and then don't worry.

My PS won't do a thigh lift with my Tummy Tuck. It sure would be nice tho. I haven't even had the TT and I already want my thighs and bat wings done. I have always said they don't bother me, But in reality, they do. sigh oh well 1 issue at a time kelly, 1 at a time.