Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Renewedhope is Headed for the Flatlands

Ok, This may be TMI, but what to do, what to do??? TOM should come visit me about 2 days after my surgery. YUCK!! How do I deal with this with the compression garment and all. My compression garment will be crotchless. Can I wear panties over it with a pad without making a mess. I can wear tampons if I need to. They make me cramp a little worse, but I can deal, but will I be able to mange that on my own. DH is a saint and will be home to help me, but tampons?? I don't want to ask him to put my tampon in. Oh dear, what a dilema.

I have no help for you on the subject. This is the one time am glad I had to have my emergency hysterctomy 2 years ago. Maybe with the stress of the surgery it will delay your cycle, one can hope.

WOW we are only 2 weeks away now, time seems to have flown by fast. Now is when I am getting scared as we come down to the wire.

We are getting close!! I can't wait. Last night I couldn't go to sleep trying to picture my new body. I am SOOOOO ready to lose the flap on my lap!!

Hi Renewed,

You are getting close!!!! I am 4 months post-op now with my TT and love it more with each passing day -- THE BEST money I've ever spent. You're going to love it!!!!

Talk soon :smile2::smile::laugh:!

Today has been a tough day. My almost 2 year old has a systemic staph infection. We were in the ER last night. He is running high fever, and the doctor lanced, drained and packed a lesion on his bottom today. He has 15 - 20 satalite lesions on his body. They are not open, just little red bumps that we are praying will heal and not open up. His white blood count is 18,000 which is too high. My attention has definately shifted from my surgery to my little guy today. He seems to feel a little better tonight.

Sorry to hear about your little one's infection. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts for a quicks recovery.

He just went to sleep. the other scary part of this is the staff exposure in our house and my surgery in 11 days. We are all being very careful with handwashing, etc. If I get staph I will have to postpone my surgery. YIKES!!

Hi Renewed,

Hope your son is doing much better!!

Are you getting super excited, we are only 1 week away!!!

Have you had your pre-op appt? I had mine monday and got all my prescriptions and had to sign a gazzilion more consent forms. Oh and ask about 50 more questions.

DS is doing much better. Long story short, he decided not to eat or drink and became dehydrated. We spent a night in the hospital to receive IV fluids and IV antibiotics. We came home yesterday adn he is sooo much better.

As all this relates to my surgery, we also got some WONDERFUL news!! His wound cultured our regular staph not the more dngerous MRSA staph. I am so relieved not to have that nasty bug floating around here when I get home from surgery.

1 week from tommorow. I can hardly believe it! My cmpression garments came in today. I ordered a medium and was concerned that it might be too small, but that is what my doctor told me to order. I put it on and it is going to be fine. Isn't it amazing how we still see ourselves as much larger than we are. I do anyway.

I go to the hopital for preop on Monday and see my doctor on Tuesday for more preop and to have the saline taken out of my band.

It's getting so close!! With my son being sick ans distracting me a bit, it has kinda snuck up on me. It's like, hurry up ad wait and then all the sudden it's time!! Oh I am SOOOOOOO excited!!

Shalee, set a good example on Thursday for me to follow!! You are going to do great!! 10 days from now we will both be home and posting about how sore and tired we are and cussing those blasted drains!! I just can't wait!!

Hey gals,

since you are on pre-surgery shopping sprees, I have a suggestion. I have not had PS, but my favorite post band surgery device was the Sunbeam Vibrating Heating Pad. OMG. It was fabulous. I got it at Walmart, but you can also buy online and probably in many other stores. I don't know why warm+vibrating is so much better than either alone - but it is. Just a suggestion in case you need some pampering.

Good luck to you all!!!!

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!!! It is getting so close. I dreamed about my surgery last night. This is so consuming. Here is my week...

Monday - Hospital preop

Tuesday - Doctor preop

Wednesday and Thursday - CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN the house, pack and pay bills

Thursday I am getting a manicure and pedicure. I never do such things, but I want my nails to look pretty. If I don't make it, I at least want to look good. LOL

Thursday night I will take Dylan to my inlaws and pack for the hospital.

OMGoodness, it is so close. I haven't lose the 10pounds I wanted to before surgery, but, they'll be there when I get home. Only positive thoughts from here out. I am focusing on the surgery, healing, and doing great, not on efforts to lose more weight. I can get back to all that later!!

OK, I'm rambling. I am so excited!!

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!!! It is getting so close. I dreamed about my surgery last night. This is so consuming. Here is my week...

Monday - Hospital preop

Tuesday - Doctor preop

Wednesday and Thursday - CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN the house, pack and pay bills

Thursday I am getting a manicure and pedicure. I never do such things, but I want my nails to look pretty. If I don't make it, I at least want to look good. LOL

Thursday night I will take Dylan to my inlaws and pack for the hospital.

OMGoodness, it is so close. I haven't lose the 10pounds I wanted to before surgery, but, they'll be there when I get home. Only positive thoughts from here out. I am focusing on the surgery, healing, and doing great, not on efforts to lose more weight. I can get back to all that later!!

OK, I'm rambling. I am so excited!!

I literally feel like it was yesterday when I was feeling the same way but it was one moth ago today!

I think that the cleaning and prepping is good but the suprising thing about this surgery is the long, long recovery but not such bad pain (for me at least). The pain really wasn't so bad and I would describe the majority of what I have felt as moderate/severe discomfort - not really pain. In some ways it was much easier for me than the LB - maybe because I am in such better health now, maybe because I stayed in the hospital longer? The thing that suprised me the most was how long the pretty bad discomfort goes on for. So, don't worry about pain if you experience is like mine, don't worry about being "out of it" or really don't worry about not making it through the surgery! (I got my nails done too in case any cute doctors around) I would just prepare yourself for limited activity for quite some time. It is going to be great and I can't wait to hear how it went.