Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Renewedhope is Headed for the Flatlands

I haven't been on much either. It is really hard to sit in a regular chair. The incision going all the way around is quite a deal. It makes it pretty difficult to get comfortable. howeve, I am not regretting the decision at all. Today DH and I changed all of my dressings so I got to take the compression garment off and see myself for the first time. Very surreal. I can't believe that is me. Lots of swelling, but under this garb is a petite little waist. I can actually see my back bone. My tummy is SOOO flat. I will definately post pictures when I heal a little more. I can still see imperfections, but I am so amazed with my results. I stll can't believe that body attached to my head is mine!! It is really difficult to put into words. I have worked so hard for this and I finally can really see the results.

BTW, I weighed today. I weighed 170 the morning of surgery. The doctor removed 8.2 pounds. I am obviously VERY swollen so I was very pleased when the scales said 166.2 this afternoon.

I feel pretty good. More discomfort than pain. One of my drains pulls funny and really gives me grief, but that is my biggest complaint!!

Isn't it surreal? I am so glad you dont regret. I am almost 6 weeks out and I feel like it is some sort of weird dream. I

n terms of weight - I was about 163-164 the day of surgery - I was bit bloated bc of TOM and now 6 weeks later I am down to about 151.5. AND TOM came agan so maybe I am bit below that. It really took at least a month for the total amount of weight remove to be reflected on the scale and it freaked me out (if you remember my posts about that) It seems like you are ahead of the game with your weight going down so early.

Question: where do you notice your swelling the most? 6 weeks out and I still have Fluid being removed from my bum but my stomach also feels very weird sometimes. Guess I will ask the PS about that on wednesday.

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing your great news! Here's hoping the pain and discomfort are minimal and end soon. So glad they were able to do the full meal deal and you won't have to go in for a hiney procedure. Take care of yourself and rest lots! You'll be back to full speed in no time :biggrin:

Congratulations! I can't wait to see your pictures. This is an exciting time and if it wasn't for all the pain you could really enjoy it, huh?!

Hey guys! I had a really good day today. I pushed myself, but I don't think I ovrdid it. This morning we went out for Breakfast. I actually sat in a booth at a resteraunt. I was much proud of that!! Then we Drove about 30 minutes to Gilmer and went to Walmart. In all, we were gone for about 2 1/2 hours. When I got home I was exhausted. DH padded me with pillows in my bed and I took some pain medicine. I took the best 2 hour nap and feel really good this evening. My back is still draining. It doesn't look infected at all. I go back to the doctor on Friday. She didn't put a drain in my back. After surgery she said she wished that she had. Therefore, I don't think the drainage is a bad thing. It would be in the drain if I had on in my adk. Does that make sense?? She has mentioned taking me back to the or under iv sedation and putting one in my back, but I'm hoping the draiage will slow down enough by Friday to not need that!! My incisions all look very healthy. I am very pleased!!

I almost forgot. I weighed 170 the monring of surgery. This morning....162!!!!!!! Down 8 pounds and it is only day 5. Once all of this swelling goes away I am thinking I may be prety close to my goal I can't wait to start running and being active again. That's the worst part of all this. I want to move.

had been thinking of you renewed. saw your post on another thread & knew you were going to be up & running - well not literally.

take care of yourself - "running" and us cheering you on will be there when you return!!!

happy healing!!!

thinking of you Renewed, sounds like your doing great. I'm glad your incisions are all looking healthy! Mine still is not, but he's staying on top of it. he and hubby tell me it looks better, but to me its worse, so I try and not look at it right now. I still havent seen the whole new me yet, just see me in pieces. I have been having hubby take pix each day. we are going home tomorrow after drs appt. but so far I have been on strict complete bed rest. Not so fun.

I will keep sending good healing thoughtd your way,

Can't believe it has almost been a week since your surgery! Sounds like you are progressing wonderfully!! I just knew you would be like Superwoman going through this, LOL!

I'm so glad you are doing so well!! Congrats on your weight too....it's sooooo exciting that you are almost at goal. Take care of yourself girlie!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Renewed - I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and healing. Don't overdo too much - I know you can't stand being sedate. This time will fly by and before you know it you'll be back running and posting that bikini picture! I'm so happy for you! and so proud of you...hang in there girl. We love you.

My doctor's office called this morning and asked if I could come in today instead of tommorow. So, I went this morning. GUESS WHAT??? She removed my drains and all of my staples/stitches on the front of me. I still have 1 line of staples across my back. She is going to leave them in for another week because of the drainage on my back. She said that I probably needed a drain on the back and that the drainage is healthy. The tissue looks healthy. it just needed to drain. So, I have lots of steri strips and a dressing on my back. She said that it is even more important that I wear my compression garment now to get the rest of the Fluid out. She feels like I am doing very well. I can drive again as well! WHOOHOO!!! There is one area at my pubic area that the skin is very purple. She said that I will have a little wound to deal with there. She said that the skin there is going to start sluffing a little. It looks like it will be very superficial and will probably just need a little neosporin. Nothing for now. It is covered with steristrips!!

I am really excited and am progressing really well. I am fixing to get in the shower.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Renewed - thanks for updating us. I know you are happy to be up and about. I'm sure you enjoyed your shower. I remember after my two c-sections...oh how I loved that shower! Take care of yourself girl!

Hey girl, How are you doing today? I think it is amazing that you are out and about. Already shopping. What a trooper. You probably will have to buy some new clothes. It must be fabulous to buy single digit size clothes. Have a great weekend.